Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
When will The Stones release a new album?
Posted by: jaggerrich ()
Date: July 17, 2013 22:23

There was an 8 year gap between the last 2 albums, which was the longest ever gap between their studio albums. Come September it's another 8 years since Bigger Bang. I haven't heard any news of a new album. Does anyone have any info? Thanks, Rich,

Re: When will The Stones release a new album?
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 18, 2013 00:12

jaggerrich
There was an 8 year gap between the last 2 albums, which was the longest ever gap between their studio albums. Come September it's another 8 years since Bigger Bang. I haven't heard any news of a new album. Does anyone have any info? Thanks, Rich,

at this point its more likely they'll re release an old album than release a new one..

or a greatest hits live...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 18, 2013 00:16

When it's finished................

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: July 18, 2013 01:16

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 18, 2013 01:59

You mean a new album of new material? They won't.

Posted by: jaggerrich ()
Date: July 18, 2013 02:03

Yes, I mean a new studio album. You say they won't. Is that definite? Have they said there won't be another? Rich.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-18 02:04 by jaggerrich.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 18, 2013 02:15

They will not. I like Doom and Gloom it works well live, but almost no post 81 songs were played during the recent concerts, so why redord a new album?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 18, 2013 02:19

I'm with 71 Tele on this. I don't believe they will, either.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 18, 2013 02:28

If I were them... Take off through August. (Mick and Keith could prep their songs) Record September, (I'd suggest 4 originals with bluesy flavor, and a back to the roots album of blues cover standards) master/mix October, produce and distribute November, release in time for X mas along with press conference/details of a winter European tour Feb-Mar.

I have no idea if this timetable is feasible for them, but I know I could do all of the above with my band easily assuming I had Stones like cash backing me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-18 02:42 by jazzbass.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 18, 2013 02:42

jazzbass
If I were them... Take off through August. (Mick and Keith could prep their songs) Record September,(I'd suggest 4 originals with bluesy flavor, and a back to the roots album of blues cover standards) master/mix October, produce and distribute November, release in time for X mas along with press conference/details of a winter European tour Feb-Mar.

I have no idea if this timetable is feasible for them, but I know I could do all of the above with my band easily assuming I had Stones like cash backing me.

A good idea, I would like it to happen, as I like some post 81 songs. But if the songs are not performed, they cannot develope. Some people even complain about Doom and Gloom, which is in fact better than Get Off Of My Cloud or Shattered. New songs do not do any money=no new songs.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: July 18, 2013 03:30

yeah, i agree despite i would love another new stones album. it's not like the old days, musicians don't earn their bread through their recorded work anymore. the internet has made music available to everyone for free. the only way is to hit the road. having a new album in stores won't make much difference about a tour. jagger knows most people don't want to hear new stuff anyway. a new album will have old school stones fans bitching and moaning it's not like 'exile' or 'girls' because they can't relive their glory days of being 15 again and rock music isn't exactly selling like hot cakes anymore for 70 year old artists. plus there will be little radio play as we've seen on every album since tattoo you.

that being said...personally, i would looovve a new album!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 18, 2013 04:12

jaggerrich
Yes, I mean a new studio album. You say they won't. Is that definite? Have they said there won't be another? Rich.

Why would they need to say it? It's better marketing to just leave it unsaid. But two "new" (dubious) songs in 7 or 8 years? You do the math.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 18, 2013 04:19

...strike while the iron's hot .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 18, 2013 04:24

ifyacantrockme
yeah, i agree despite i would love another new stones album. it's not like the old days, musicians don't earn their bread through their recorded work anymore. the internet has made music available to everyone for free. the only way is to hit the road. having a new album in stores won't make much difference about a tour. jagger knows most people don't want to hear new stuff anyway. a new album will have old school stones fans bitching and moaning it's not like 'exile' or 'girls' because they can't relive their glory days of being 15 again and rock music isn't exactly selling like hot cakes anymore for 70 year old artists. plus there will be little radio play as we've seen on every album since tattoo you.

that being said...personally, i would looovve a new album!

That sums it up quite nicely. The money they could earn from a new album would probably not be more or even less than they could earn with just one show. So why waste all this precious time? They must be artistically driven to record a new album, and I strongly doubt that they have any artistic aspirations left in them at this stage.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 18, 2013 05:30

I'm beginning to doubt they will. I think they ran out of enough ideas for a new album a long time ago. The bonus cuts from Exile and Some Girls are so much better (and so much Wymanier) than what they could do at this point. Even producing a cut or two doesn't seem feasible, because they don't have some crappy new Greatest Hits package to tack it onto.

They have too much pride, ego, or just plain musical ignorance to either make sure Wyman is in the studio with them, or somebody who is a good, expressive bass player with rock roots. I'm sure we'd all like to hear Taylor on something new, but that's out of our hands. We thought we getting a tour with a thoroughly contributing Taylor and we ended up with a cameo, and maybe a little more on most dates.

They're already on tour, so unless they're going to release something called Fifty and Counting, what's the point? (In their commercial world). I can't see them giving a rats ass about making some artistic statement this late in the game. Give the rubes the hits, grab the cash, and get out of Dodge.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 18, 2013 06:03

First off, let me say the boys are playing great!
That can't be determined by the cell phone videos with lousy audio.
Watch the Glastonbury full video on youtube which has good audio.
Ronnie, Keith ,Charley, Chuck and Daryl are on fire!

I'm sure in the years following ABB, Keith has been fiddling around and has bits and pieces of great licks and songs written down or crudely recorded to not lose the ideas.

Mick too.

If they sit down to sort it out and work together on the bits, they will cut a blockbuster album.

These guys are too good and been at it too long not to.

I think the band will surprise everyone, they are a potent force, a band that casts a huge shadow.

A sleeping giant has been awakened.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 18, 2013 06:15

I bet they do one more album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-18 06:16 by Woz.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 18, 2013 06:15

JJackFl

I'd rather have the Stones on the SCOTUS than the Scalia, Clarence "uncle Tom" Thomas, Roberts and Alito.....

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: July 18, 2013 06:16

A new album and a great new album will sell more tickets
For their live shows. Hard core fans with $ are passing on and
The Stones will need younger $ to keep going!

The Stones can and should make another Some Girls type album
With Mick Taylor. They still have it in them!

Date: July 18, 2013 06:40

If they want to sell a new record, at very least to every bonafide card carrying Stones fanatic, the recipe is simple and easily within reach. Call Bill and Mick T. to play on it.

IMO this line up, and an album of blues covers and about 4 rocking, guitar driven originals would be a smash.

Our mantra should be "Don't be a dick Mick, make the call!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-18 06:41 by jazzbass.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 18, 2013 06:53

Wouldnt it be great if there was a way to hold naysayers feet to a fire when they are proven wrong, as they have been proven wrong so many times, but they just keep nieghsaying. They said that 2007 was it, they would never come back on tour again, they said... ah you have heard them saying their negative nancy naysaying crap for years.... and when they are wrong they>>> wh?what?

Date: July 18, 2013 07:01

Max'sKansasCity
Wouldnt it be great if there was a way to hold naysayers feet to a fire when they are proven wrong, as they have been proven wrong so many times, but they just keep nieghsaying. They said that 2007 was it, they would never come back on tour again, they said... ah you have heard them saying their negative nancy naysaying crap for years.... and when they are wrong they>>> wh?what?

I hear ya, but it's a situation where the crow they will eat tastes like pizza, so no great satisfaction there. It's feels great when the Stones prove you wrong.

Date: July 18, 2013 07:15

jazzbass
Max'sKansasCity

I hear ya, but it's a situation where the crow they will eat tastes like pizza, so no great satisfaction there. It's feels great when the Stones prove you wrong.

I want to burn their feet (a little bit) winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 18, 2013 09:19

When Brian and ian will rise up from their graves.
Jeroen

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 18, 2013 09:53

Big deal. If I'm wrong I still get a Rolling Stones album out of it.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: July 18, 2013 12:33

60+ and counting in 2022 - with 2 new songs, dressed in mohair - or even NO hair...

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 18, 2013 15:22

A new album? It would be A Bigger Bang retread (shudder).
Perhaps it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 18, 2013 15:26

Max'sKansasCity

And even more "hang 'em high"-talk. It tells more about you than about those "naysayers". Just learn to accept different opinions and all is good.

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: July 18, 2013 15:33

According to Keith"they are hard at work on the new one,you know just like the old days,l think it has that Exile feel to it",so says Mr Richards....hot smiley

Date: July 18, 2013 16:06

24FPS
Big deal. If I'm wrong I still get a Rolling Stones album out of it.

winking smiley

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2070
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home