Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones in World Book Encyclopedia Yearbook
Posted by: varv ()
Date: August 6, 2013 21:19

Does anyone remember seeing the Stones in any of those yearbooks? I could swear there was a photo of the Stones in one of them. The one where they posed under a sign that says 'Tin Pan Alley'. I was thinking maybe the 1965 or 1966 yearbook. Each yearbook reviews the year before. '65 reviews '64,etc. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Stones in World Book Encyclopedia Yearbook
Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: August 6, 2013 21:51

From a quick Google search...

Info here says it's from '63...

[www.photographersgallery.com]

Google is your friend!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 6, 2013 21:59

We had that, and it was the 1968 World Book Encyclopedia Year Book. It was an article on new developments in pop/rock music during the the Sgt. Pepper-era

The photo above was from the same session, but wasn't the one used.

As I recall, there were also photos of the Beatles (naturally), Dylan, The Who, Simon & Garfunkle, Janis Ian, Ravi Shankar, John Sebastian of the Lovin' Spoonful, the Supremes, and Paul Revere and the Raiders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-07 02:40 by loog droog.

Posted by: varv ()
Date: August 6, 2013 22:26

Thanks guys. I've seen the photo many times since then but not the yearbook. Now that I know which one I can get it. Thanks for the info loog. Funny thing is when I tried to google 'rolling stones world book encyclopedia yearbook' I got nothing!

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 6, 2013 23:48

Jah Paul
From a quick Google search...

Info here says it's from '63...

[www.photographersgallery.com]

Google is your friend!

A bit off topic but i wonder if those leather trenchcoats thst Bill and Brian are wearing are the same kind that Mick and Keith were envious of the Beatles wearing when the fab 4 went to see them play at the crawdaddy?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 7, 2013 00:13

Ket
A bit off topic but i wonder if those leather trenchcoats thst Bill and Brian are wearing are the same kind that Mick and Keith were envious of the Beatles wearing when the fab 4 went to see them play at the crawdaddy?

Yes, quite possibly, and that above photo dates from soon after--but why aren't Mick and Keith wearing them also? Possibly because they were still in--or just at the end of--their Edith Grove days at the time of the TPA photo above, which was snapped (by Terry O'Neill) just before the release of I Wanna Be Your Man.

The Rolling Stones, 1963

The original band outside the Tin Pan Alley Club in Soho, London. Then just a touring pub band, O'Neill was looking for the next big act after The Beatles and heard about them on the grapevine before their first big hit , a cover of the Lennon and McCartney song "I Wanna Be Your Man".

Source: [www.galleryrouge.co.uk]

The Beatles in London, October 1963.

"We were playing a little club in Richmond and I was doing this song, and suddenly I saw - there they were, right in front of me: the Fab Four! John, Paul, George and Ringo! The four-headed monster - they never went anywhere alone at this point. And they had on these beautiful long, black leather trenchcoats. I could really die for one of those. And I thought, 'Even if I have to learn to write songs, I'm gonna - I'm gonna get this.'"

- Mick Jagger inducting The Beatles into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Quote by Mick taken from: [www.multiplusbooks.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home