Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rockman question?
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: July 21, 2013 15:16

Recently I gave you easy question.
Here is another, easy.
Tell me about source of this picture and extract, if you want.
If you don't this boy in the middle on pic is interesting.
....on holiday minus the sun. You will note my father wearing a tweed jacket, sweater, shirt and tie on the beach in June. Bless the British.

Chrissie’s surname was Shrimpton, her boyfriend was called Mick Jagger and his group was called the Rolling Stones. I wonder what became of them. The night we saw them, they were sat on stools, wearing cardigans, playing blues covers and one or two numbers of their own. The singer could certainly hold a room’s attention. Long John would later describe Jagger as ‘a medieval rendering of a hobgoblin’, which pretty much summed it up. I didn’t meet Mick on that occasion, but I remember thinking the band was great, while also having this nagging feeling inside: ‘I could do this.’ In fact, I may even have been bold enough to think, ‘My voice is better than that.’ I could draw a few people around me with a guitar on a beach; why couldn’t I take it up a level and enthral an audience from a stage?

Re: Rockman question?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 21, 2013 22:23

Rod Stewart ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 22, 2013 02:58

...brilliant.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: July 22, 2013 03:39

YES> IT"s from his ROD.AUTOBIO.
Here's one more extract>
"The remains of the Small Faces were rehearsing in a studio in the basement of a warehouse at 47 Bermondsey Street that belonged to the Rolling Stones, who used the place principally as a storage facility. You would walk in and there would be all these boxed two-inch tapes and quarter-inch masters on the shelves with things like ‘Honky Tonk Women’ and ‘Gimme Shelter’ written on them. And we all loved the Stones, and thought there was no rhythm section like theirs in the world when they were on song, so you couldn’t help but feel the hairs go up on your neck slightly at the sight of that. The Stones were very good to the Faces in those early days: they never charged us for the use of the room. They were mentors of sorts and there was a good spirit between the bands – at least until the Stones purloined Ronnie Wood, when relations were put on hold for a while.
I was at a party with Mick Jagger in 1974, when the rumours of Ronnie leaving the Faces were beginning to bubble.
Me: ‘Are you going to nick Woody from us?’
Mick: ‘I would never do that. I would never break up the Faces.’
Oh yes you would, Mick.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: July 24, 2013 09:19

Rod Stewart strolled by when I was working a huge cat show @ Santa Monica Civic Auditorium & the crowd hushed & ooohed. He's got some presence about him, screams 'rock star.' Even when just walking about....cool smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1327
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home