Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What's up with the price of TSMR on Amazon?
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 29, 2013 13:14

Got one of those e-mails from Amazon today of things I might be interested in, and something caught my eye.

This, at least according to the description, is just the regular 2002 remastered CD of TSMR, yet it's $26.64. That's $5 more than the 2 CD deluxe editions of Exile and Some Girls. Is this some mistake or is TSMR going out of print or something? I just bought it a year or so ago for $9.99. I like the album, but it's not worth almost $27 for the CD. Third party sellers are selling new copies of it for 12-15 dollars.

Re: What's up with the price of TSMR on Amazon?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 29, 2013 13:29

Maybe some copy cat going on with regards to pricing? As in one guy tries his luck and others follow.

Are they selling at that price?

Maybe more people are catching on that it's actually one of the best Rolling Stones albums!? grinning smiley

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 29, 2013 13:29

NoCode0680
Got one of those e-mails from Amazon today of things I might be interested in, and something caught my eye.

This, at least according to the description, is just the regular 2002 remastered CD of TSMR, yet it's $26.64. That's $5 more than the 2 CD deluxe editions of Exile and Some Girls. Is this some mistake or is TSMR going out of print or something? I just bought it a year or so ago for $9.99. I like the album, but it's not worth almost $27 for the CD. Third party sellers are selling new copies of it for 12-15 dollars.

amazon is constantly testing prices, it might be an experiment.

e.g. they probably make much more money selling the digital download version than a CD, so maybe they are testing to see if they price a CD very high more people with get the digital download instead.

or maybe it's going out of print as a CD

i notice beggar's banquet is $9.99 and comes with an MP3 download included
and the download only is $9.49
so they're charging 50 cents extra for the CD if you buy the download basically

looks like they're trying out various experiments with pricing.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-29 13:34 by sonomastone.

Date: June 29, 2013 13:47

That makes sense sonomastone. I had forgotten, but remembered it after I started the topic, that I started a similar topic a long time ago when the price of No Security jumped from $9.99 to $17.95 overnight. So I'm guessing it's no typo or anything since it's happened more than once and just them fiddling with prices as you said.

Date: June 29, 2013 13:54

price testing is a huge part of how they make money - they are very good at knowing exactly how much they can charge for something without losing the sale.

believe it or not, they used to quote different visitors different prices for the same product

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: June 29, 2013 14:04

sonomastone
price testing is a huge part of how they make money - they are very good at knowing exactly how much they can charge for something without losing the sale.

believe it or not, they used to quote different visitors different prices for the same product

[en.wikipedia.org]

That's weird, they were charging loyal customers more than new customers. You'd think it would be the other way around, but I guess they figure they already "have" the regular customer and they're loyalty and are trying to lure in the others with lower prices.

Date: July 11, 2013 12:03

it's now 12 bucks...

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 11, 2013 13:05

There are two versions of the 2002 remastered TSMR : on is a single layer CD which can be found for cheap while the other is the two layers CD/SACD aka Hybrid SACD.

The SACD version (now out of print) is usually more expensive.

Date: July 11, 2013 13:36

it actually looks like its unavailable directly from amazon. lots of 2nd hand sellers.

i have noticed right before long weekends or special times of year prices drop a lot on certain bands/items. last week right before july 4th i picked up the who by numbers remaster, the last remaster i was missing, for $5.99 and 2 days later it was back to $11.99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home