Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Merry Clayton - guest singer
Posted by: Adriano ()
Date: July 11, 2013 08:50

I don't know if this was ever brought up in past discussions, but why don't the Stones ever invite Merry Clayton to sing Gimme Shelter on stage?

Re: Merry Clayton - guest singer
Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 09:13

Yeah, completely valid. I guess it would make Lisa (who I love) uptight like bringing in a guest piano player might stress Chuck.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 11, 2013 11:58

I don't know if it would be a good decision of Merry to appear with the Rolling Stones nowadays. On Yutube you can find a great live version of her performing Gimme shelter, and it would probably be worthwhile seeing her if she performed with that crack band. But she could never repeat the spectacular performance that is captured on LET IT BLEED so fans would be disappointed.

She's great in her own right but she should leave that classic moment she shared with Mick Jagger as an outstanding event.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: July 11, 2013 14:25

shawnriffhard1
Yeah, completely valid. I guess it would make Lisa (who I love) uptight like bringing in a guest piano player might stress Chuck.

Probably true. Personally, I don't like her vocal performance on Shelter this tour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home