Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: great live footage of 1964
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 29, 2011 21:36

flilflam
Why do some fans object to his moving around on stage now? No one has ever given me a good answer to that one.

I don't think they "object" to Keith's posturing now.

Perhaps some are just tired of seeing the same stuff for so long.

I say whatever makes Keith comfortable on stage, let him do it.
But really, just how physical can Keith (or anyone) get on stage while carrying & playing a guitar?

If there's anything Keith can do to increase his on stage presence, I wish he would drop the "happy to be here, happy to be anywhere," and whatever he does say, say it loud and clear enough to hear it in the back.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 29, 2011 21:49

Even Sting knows

James Brown, the TAMI show, same tape I've had for years .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-29 21:50 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 29, 2011 23:55

Redhotcarpet
Tumblin_Dice_07
Magnificent. Never watched the whole thing before. Definately Keith on all the lead parts.

I know Keith paints the Jones-years as a dual-guitar weaving thing but Brian did play mostly rhythm, except the slide stuff of course. The rhythm parts for each player were usually different and complimented each other, and I think that's what Keith is getting at. He says it's the same thing he does with Ronnie but it's not. What he does with Ronnie is much more improvisational.

Yeah but I hear it on some songs, very close interplay, and I believe Keith also includes the very very early years.

Yeah it's certainly there, but I think it's just different compared to what Keith does with Ronnie. Same concept perhaps but more loose and improvisational with Ronnie. With Brian, there were often two different rhythm parts worked out to compliment one another perfectly. Very different from something like "Beast Of Burden" where Keith and Ron are "weaving" in and out. The "weaving" thing sounds very good when it's working, but when it's not it can be rough.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home