Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

60's fan admiration and male insecurity
Posted by: Des ()
Date: July 8, 2013 18:40

This may be for the guys pushing 60 but I had to laugh. Watching Crossfire Hurricane they show a clip of screaming girls, urine running down the aisles......but do you see he face of the one guy, stone faced, out of place, fool thinks he came with his girl to hear a band. It just brought back these frustrating memories, coming of age, yet the girls are all gaga over rockers. Iggy Pop alludes to it still happening when he took a woman to see the Stones. After a performance of the Beatles or Stones on TV a guy could not talk to a girl, all the buzz was which band member they “loved”. You wonder why guys in the sixties all wanted to be rock stars? It was like some primal goal, to get your peacock feathers, necessary to be able to keep mankind going.

So it was real satisfying for a west coast Canuck to be sitting around the campfire this weekend while a Brit immigrant lamented about his first puppy love being squashed when he finally got up the nerve to ask her out only to be told she was in love with George Harrison. We both had to agree you were chopped liver in those days.As I recall only Brian got the lion’s share of the Stones admiration.

It’s just not a situation I have seen since the sixties, and it is one of those pet peeves that lives with you and it was good to hear others suffered abroad as I did.

Re: 60's fan admiration and male insecurity
Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 21:01

It was better in the 90's when a couple of women I took to a Stones show wonedered 'Why!?"...LOL. I always had more fun when I went with my buddies...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home