Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Questions about logistics Hyde Park
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 7, 2013 15:44

In the “Hyde Park show #1 July 6 Rolling Stones live updates” thread there are lots of practical tips given by those who were there on the 6th.
I thought it might be a good idea to get all the questions and answers together in one thread. So those who are going the 13th can profit from the experiences of those who already were there. A few questions I have myself:
Was Tier 2 access actually at the west entrance ?
Were the Tier 2 wristbands handed out at that entrance ?
Could you access the Backstage Bar from the Tier 2 section ? When I look at the map the bar is in the hospitality area.
Can the west entrance easily be reached from Knightsbridge tubestation ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: Questions about logistics Hyde Park
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 7, 2013 17:38

Grand idea Hans,
I am no expert but I did see some great advice posted elsewhere, I hope they dont mind me reposting it here, I hope you get to make it to the show next Saturday. I wish I could.
nobodyimportant
Green Lady

My attempt to draw the layout of the Hyde Park arena - the three things marked X are three enormous sound/film structures that block the view for miles, and therefore have a screen behind them so you can watch what you can't see. The thing that caused the difficulties is a big railed-off security area that runs practically the whole width of the field. I assumed at first that everything the other side of it was Tier 1 or 2, but no - THERE IS MORE T3 ON THE OTHER SIDE. The trouble is that to get to it you have to make an enormous detour around the end of the security area.

I found myself a nice spot on the rail of the security area - good view of screens and part of stage - but throughout the show security were dealing with people who arrived at the rails and couldn't work out
(a) whether their T3 tickets allowed them into the bit on the far side
(b) how to get there
(c) having got there, how to get back.

I probably have the exact layout of T1/T2 wrong, but I'm describing this because the bit of T3 on the Keith-side stage side of the security area was very thinly populated - plenty of room to dance and move about - so it's worth knowing that yes, you are allowed in there without a wristband. Useful information for next week.

I actually walked into that area thinking it WAS Tier 2! This was about 4 pm and it was not very crowded. I even sat down and chatted to some people before I noticed that nobody around me had wristbands.

Coming through the Tier 1/2 entrance I just assumed it was direct access into those areas - but it led directly into the Tier 3 area Green Lady has described, with the access lanes to Tiers 1 & 2 over to the extreme right of the entrance.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 18:02 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 7, 2013 20:47

Yes, thanks Max. That was what I was hoping for. Get as much information as possible. But I see there is also another thread now about GA Tier 3. I just hope I didn't cause any confusion with this thread

-------------------

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 7, 2013 21:00

For tier 2

Tube stop: Hyde Park Corner.
Entering Hyde Park you can already see a huge sign and arrow with tier 1 & 2.
Just follow that until you see a new sign where you have to turn right.
Straight ahead 'til the entrance. You'll get a wristband there.

The tier 1 and tier 2 bar is actually in the tier 3 area. Unless you have some sort of upgrade; Those areas are easily accesible from tier 2.

To read about the frustrations about the tier 1 and tier 2 bar have a look at the 'live reports' thread or the new one about Rob Hallett.
Massive queues!

Date: July 7, 2013 21:01

Thanks BowieStone

-------------------

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 7, 2013 21:09

Rolling Hansie
In the “Hyde Park show #1 July 6 Rolling Stones live updates” thread there are lots of practical tips given by those who were there on the 6th.
I thought it might be a good idea to get all the questions and answers together in one thread. So those who are going the 13th can profit from the experiences of those who already were there. A few questions I have myself:
Was Tier 2 access actually at the west entrance ?
Were the Tier 2 wristbands handed out at that entrance ?
Could you access the Backstage Bar from the Tier 2 section ? When I look at the map the bar is in the hospitality area.
Can the west entrance easily be reached from Knightsbridge tubestation ?

Yes, but when you get to the West entrance, it is actually labelled (and not very visibly) entrance 16C. On the way there, you will see the Bocca di Lupo restaurant area (entrance 12) on your right. Continue along the path from there that follows the tall wooden (or perhaps iron) fence. In other words, don't take the path going down to the Serpentine.

When you get to enter, the first line of staff scan your tickets, then you go onto a second line of staff who fit the wristbands.

Yes, you can access the Backstage Bar from tier 2 (but it is nearer tier 1).

The nearest tube is Hyde Park Corner tube station (one stop from Knightsbridge). It is about 10 minutes' walk from there to the Western entrance for the average walker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 22:02 by Beast.

Date: July 7, 2013 21:16

Great info Beast. Thanks

-------------------

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 7, 2013 21:22

Great info. Although I have to say - Hyde park and logistics don't belong in the same sentence ;-)

sc uk

Date: July 7, 2013 23:16

straycatuk
Hyde park and logistics don't belong in the same sentence

smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: July 8, 2013 02:01

Beast
When you get to enter, the first line of staff scan your tickets, then you go onto a second line of staff who fit the wristbands.

I thought some Tier audience had only wristbands and no tickets.
Is the laminate scanned?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 8, 2013 04:01

By tickets, I meant both paper and wristband tickets. I know nothing about laminates but I doubt if they are scanned unless they have some kind of barcode on them.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 8, 2013 09:29

Best Tube station for Tier 3 is Marble Arch.

Warning - after the show you will get directed out of the nearest park exit and you may not come out where you went in - took me a while to find Marble Arch again...

Date: July 8, 2013 16:48

Green Lady
after the show you will get directed out of the nearest park exit

Thanks. So we better bring a map of the park then smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 8, 2013 17:48

Rolling Hansie
Green Lady
after the show you will get directed out of the nearest park exit

Thanks. So we better bring a map of the park then smiling smiley

Have fun at the show Hans, it should be blast. Man, I wish I could be be there

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home