Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
If New Album Happens What Do You Expect?
Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: July 5, 2013 11:23

Not what do you want..but what do you think we'll get?

Re: If New Album Happens What Do You Expect?
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 5, 2013 11:24

Rehashed Mick demos and Keith demos.

Nothing that will require any more time together than humanly possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 11:25 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 5, 2013 11:27

GravityBoy
Rehashed Mick demos and Keith demos.

that's best case. worst case is just rehashed mick demos.

i'm angling for them to do an entire album of covers. (sorry, i know you specifically asked NOT for what we wanted...)

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 5, 2013 11:40

A lame Jagger solo try with guest musicians Matt Clifford, Chuck Leavell, Charlie Watts, Ron Wood, Waddy Wachtel, Lisa Fischer, Bobby Keys, Darryl Jones,and last but not least Keith Richards, in this order of importance.

Not to forget one slow and very very sad Keith ballad - ('I can't get no) inspiration - and one or two Keith-Songs with recycled 5-string-open-g-riffs. And what's important: all that knocked together quick and dirty, without passion, fun or love, in two studio days as they can't stand each other for longer in 5 years. Please add some more uninspired solos by Ron and most important: a sloppy poppy slimy production by Don Was.

All that in some very special very limited and different editions to squeeze every possible cent out of the remaining fans (f.ex. every song on ist own cd will make the super deluxe edition for, let's say, 100 Euros. Including a free ticket nosebleeds for the 2021 Lower Manhattan Tour, for 800 Euros.

They stopped being relevant musically 1981. That will never come back again. I can easily live without another big disappointment and rip-off by our beloved band.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 11:55 by micawber.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: July 5, 2013 12:17

don't expect much. eye popping smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 5, 2013 12:34

1. A 60-minute-plus collection of songs, the merits/shortcomings of which will be debated on IORR for years to come.

2. A 4-CD bootleg version of the album, 3 CDs of which will show that the material they left off the album is far superior to the material that made it onto the finished commercial release of the album.

3. Three or four very good songs, two or three of which will be played on their very next tour, but which will be dropped and forgotten for all subsequent tours.

4. A number 1 album that no one wants to hear played live.

5. All of the above.

Date: July 5, 2013 13:00

Wooah! I guess they better not bother then!

Date: July 5, 2013 14:32

It will be hailed as their best album since exile
Or it will be hailed as their best album since some girls
Or it will be hailed as their best album since tattoo you
That it what it expect
And you know what....it just might be

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 5, 2013 14:36

I expect it will make ABB seem like a masterpiece.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 5, 2013 14:38

Best new album ever?

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: July 5, 2013 14:40

stonehearted
1. A 60-minute-plus collection of songs, the merits/shortcomings of which will be debated on IORR for years to come.

2. A 4-CD bootleg version of the album, 3 CDs of which will show that the material they left off the album is far superior to the material that made it onto the finished commercial release of the album.

3. Three or four very good songs, two or three of which will be played on their very next tour, but which will be dropped and forgotten for all subsequent tours.

4. A number 1 album that no one wants to hear played live.

5. All of the above.

I rest my case without having to say anything.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 5, 2013 15:09

micawber
A lame Jagger solo try with guest musicians Matt Clifford, Chuck Leavell, Charlie Watts, Ron Wood, Waddy Wachtel, Lisa Fischer, Bobby Keys, Darryl Jones,and last but not least Keith Richards, in this order of importance.

Not to forget one slow and very very sad Keith ballad - ('I can't get no) inspiration - and one or two Keith-Songs with recycled 5-string-open-g-riffs. And what's important: all that knocked together quick and dirty, without passion, fun or love, in two studio days as they can't stand each other for longer in 5 years. Please add some more uninspired solos by Ron and most important: a sloppy poppy slimy production by Don Was.

All that in some very special very limited and different editions to squeeze every possible cent out of the remaining fans (f.ex. every song on ist own cd will make the super deluxe edition for, let's say, 100 Euros. Including a free ticket nosebleeds for the 2021 Lower Manhattan Tour, for 800 Euros.

They stopped being relevant musically 1981. That will never come back again. I can easily live without another big disappointment and rip-off by our beloved band.

Yep. It's not like they'd take a left turn at this late stage.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: July 5, 2013 15:12

micawber

I would expect a lot of moaning on this board typified by the above comments before a new sound has even been heard. Of course they are not musically relevant (who is over the age of 30?) but this does not mean they could not knock out a half decent album of new material

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 5, 2013 15:20

Keith will say in interviews that he and Mick have done more writing together for this album than at any time since the late 60's. A few listens to the album will indicate this to be unlikely.

One or two controversial or topical songs will be included to get a bit of media attention. The songs in question will never be performed in front of an audience in case some delicate fans get offended or their tour sponsors get nervous.

Mick will write a song which will be musically far removed from 95% of the Stones' musical canon. It will be either the best song on the album by a mile or the worst.

There will be an expanded version of the album released a few months later.

Jann Wenner will give the album a glowing review in Rolling Stone and even suggest that its a contender for album of the decade.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 5, 2013 15:21

lazzzybones
Wooah! I guess they better not bother then!

When you ask the usual suspects on iorr what they expect, well, what do you expect?

I think stonehearted probably has it about right.

PS: I expect something I'll enjoy discovering, anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 15:22 by Green Lady.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: July 5, 2013 15:23

this is what is called the 'wisdom' of a Rolling Stones fan grinning smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 5, 2013 15:44

Green Lady

When you ask the usual suspects on iorr what they expect, well, what do you expect?

That's abpout right, mainly because I think it's about 50/50 whether MJ knows. today. whether they will be doing a new album. So nobody here has a @#$%& clue (I suspect half of the responses are tongue in cheek and half the readers don't realize it).

The best is the comment that nobody over 30 makes relevant music.

The thing about the internet is people used to be a little embarrassed about ignorance, now with the anonymity they broadcast it.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:11

It will sell fewer than 100,000 copies, yet will still rocket to the top of the Billboard chart, since no one except really old people buy CDs anymore.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:15

I have got no expectationscool smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:20

As I am ever hopeful, I have great expectations.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:37

A new Stones album will probably have the usual 3-4 duds/throw away songs, 3-4 awesome great rock and rolling Stones songs, 1-2 Mick head scratcher OK songs and include the standard 1-2 mellow Keith ballads where he is telling some woman to not love him, which only make her love him more.

It will be a fine album, just like all the other Stones albums.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:43

another solid album like most of them have been. I mean lets get real they are not going to produce a classic but even Bigger Bang had some good tracks on it. If they could make one as good as that I would be happy

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 5, 2013 16:48

Ket
another solid album like most of them have been. I mean lets get real they are not going to produce a classic but even Bigger Bang had some good tracks on it. If they could make one as good as that I would be happy

thumbs up I would be delighted for that. I liked a lot on Bigger Bang.

ps
and who knows, lightning might strike and they create a masterpiece...
who knows... they might as well give it a whirl, there is just no telling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-05 16:49 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: July 5, 2013 17:09

Enormously loud Charlie Watts drums. The whole thing will be mastered so loud that you won't be able to put the volume past 5.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 5, 2013 17:27

OK, perhaps the negative tone of this thread shouldn't be all that surprising but just to be different I'll take the contrarian view.

In a stock market, when everyone is dumping their stocks and the market is crashing, that is the time to buy.

On that basis, I'll say that MJ and KR will probably bring their own songs, but heavily involve Ronnie and MT in the writing process, perhaps even giving them credits.

It will result in a bluesy, hard rocking album that will surprise the hardest core fans.

It will be compared to Exile, that's unavoidable, but in fact it will bear similarities. The musicianship will be great, Mick will sound fantastic, there will be a radio hit that will be similar to a Start Me Up. A follow-up single, a ballad, will break into the top twenty.

It will hit number 1 for two weeks, but stay in the top 10 for 2 months.

Critically, it will be well received and it will become critics choice for album of the year.

It will be sold at all Starbucks locations in physical format and that will drive the Gen X and Baby Boomer Sales.

It will be a top seller at Amazon and ITunes.

Total units sold, 4 million, making it the third best selling album of new material in their career, behind Some Girls and Tattoo You.

When they tour, they'll play a total of 7 of the 12 cuts on the album, revolving several songs out but including the two singles at every show.

The thread announcing the album will become a sticky and have the most number of views and posts ever on IORR, except for the Rockman, "Some Kinda Stones Connections" thread.

While generally well received by this board, several posters will deride it because it has too much Taylor, not enough Keith, and Mick failing to enunciate.

MightyRollingLondonStreetKidsJumpinWackoLantern will announce that the album has officially put the Stones ahead of the Beatles and will begin a campaign for an all girl 'Daughter of Rolling Stones Band' featuring Georgia May on lead vocals.

OK, I'm spent.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 5, 2013 18:10

What do I expect if they do a new LP:

A lot of hype pre-release, a single with a hodge podge video, possibly one decent remix and a plethora of awful remixes and then... nothing.

And no 'The' in The Rolling Stones, unfortunately.

What do I hope for is entirely different.

Date: July 5, 2013 22:09

I hope you're right treaclefingers!Bravo!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 5, 2013 22:23

A collaboration with The Muppets.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 5, 2013 22:24

I would expect a really crap cover.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 5, 2013 22:29

I'd like something that sounds like the Stones... they need a producer who'll mix it up with them in the studio....even though Don Was gets kudos for pushing Jagger to give him Doom & Gloom

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home