Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Moonlight Mile for Tony Soprano tonight
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 21, 2013 20:53

It could be a coincidence, but does anyone else think they might do that for Gandolfini tonight? I hadn't thought of it, but my dad reminded me of its amazing usage in that show. One of the top musical moments of the series. You think they remembered? That would be incredible if thats why.

Re: Moonlight Mile for Tony Soprano tonight
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 21, 2013 21:04

Thru & Thru could be an alternative, or, and I'm stretching it, Make No Mistake.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 21, 2013 21:16

RollingFreak
It could be a coincidence, but does anyone else think they might do that for Gandolfini tonight? I hadn't thought of it, but my dad reminded me of its amazing usage in that show. One of the top musical moments of the series. You think they remembered? That would be incredible if thats why.

If they play it, it will only be because it topped the 'By Request' poll.

And we all know the Stones would never fix anything like to happen.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 21, 2013 21:25

thru and thru

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 21, 2013 22:41

I just wanted to add the clip, but after I saw it I changed my mind..............

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 21, 2013 23:13

Gazza

Is that one of the choices? I'm surprised the Keith would want that one as a choice. I don't believe he's even on that song (but I could be wrong about that).

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 21, 2013 23:16

CindyC
Gazza

Is that one of the choices? I'm surprised the Keith would want that one as a choice. I don't believe he's even on that song (but I could be wrong about that).

He's on it with a Japanese mask, so nobody has recognized him yet.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 21, 2013 23:17

kleermaker
He's on it with a Japanese mask, so nobody has recognized him yet.

Ah, the old Japanese mask routine, I should have known.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 22, 2013 00:44

CindyC
Gazza

it was actually a piece of keith's guitar playing, called "japanese thing", that inspired the track i believe.

Date: June 22, 2013 01:07

so much talk about mick taylor and MM. i know he played a part in writing it, and it's a great tune, but i always thought the truly classic performance on this track was charlie watts' drumming.

as far as it being played live, they'd have to change the arrangement quite a bit to pull it off. i'd be curious to see what they come up with.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 22, 2013 01:18

i'm riding down your moonlight mile

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 22, 2013 01:47

They'll probably surprise everyone and do Some Girls!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 22, 2013 01:52

For those of us over eighteen a good reminder, if you got pains and aches, get 'em checked out.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 22, 2013 01:54

CindyC
Gazza

hes not on the record. Its effectively a Jagger-Taylor song. The Stones did play it at about half of the No security US shows in 1999 however. They didnt quite pull it off in fairness, but they had a good go at it. Its also been on the 'by request' shortlist at a few shows this tour and they did rehearse it in Hollywood.

Date: June 22, 2013 02:06

Gazza
CindyC
Gazza

hes not on the record. Its effectively a Jagger-Taylor song. The Stones did play it at about half of the No security US shows in 1999 however. They didnt quite pull it off in fairness, but they had a good go at it. Its also been on the 'by request' shortlist at a few shows this tour and they did rehearse it in Hollywood.

What is the "Japanese thing" guitar piece by keith that Taylor credits as inspiration?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home