Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Which rock or pop-bands you really dont like?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 25, 2011 03:40

Captain Teague
Shezeboss
really : 1 led zep 2 u2 3 beatles 4 queen 5 acdc 6 e.street band 7 oasis 8 blur 9 rem 10 jackson 5

I don't see how any self respecting fan of rock music can dislike all of these bands, especially 1-6. Don't know a great deal about 7-9. I don't like the child molester with or without his brothers.

In most cases, its bands who have at various times been on the same level of commercial success as the Stones or have exceeded it. I would guess its some kind of personal affront!

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 25, 2011 08:09

I started a new job a couple of months ago and my co-workers are still getting to know me. One guy downloaded some albums to his ipod the other day and was all excited about one in particular, and he showed me his ipod with the album cover art on it.

It was Journey's greatest hits.

without even thinking about it, my body recoiled in horror, as though I was a vampire and he was holding a cross up to me. It was weird having such a strong involuntary reaction to it, but I REALLY HATE THAT BAND!

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: January 25, 2011 08:18

Hahaha Keefan, that sounds like an awful moment. I remember last year starting a new job, and after work one day a new colleague drove me to the pub where we were all having a cold beer. Before entering his car, I was thinking "This guy seems pretty cool, what a relief to make a friend at work so quickly"... Anyway upon entering the car I immediately noticed his CDs in the car:

- Phil Collins live
- Lionel Ritchie
- Bryan Adams

And he started playing the Phil Collins CD and drumming his fingers on the steering wheel to the music. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-25 08:18 by bolexman.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 25, 2011 08:22

>without even thinking about it, my body recoiled in horror, as though I was a vampire and he was holding a cross up to me. It was weird having such a strong involuntary reaction to it, but I REALLY HATE THAT BAND!

HA I am *exactly* the same way. During the Golden Globes I was hoping "Glee" would not win any more awards because they played a Journey song every time they won. There is something gut-wrenchingly awful about that band; the only band that even comes close imo is Styx.

Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: January 25, 2011 12:03

Gazza
Captain Teague
Shezeboss
really : 1 led zep 2 u2 3 beatles 4 queen 5 acdc 6 e.street band 7 oasis 8 blur 9 rem 10 jackson 5

I don't see how any self respecting fan of rock music can dislike all of these bands, especially 1-6. Don't know a great deal about 7-9. I don't like the child molester with or without his brothers.

In most cases, its bands who have at various times been on the same level of commercial success as the Stones or have exceeded it. I would guess its some kind of personal affront!

They're really not the best of bands; it needs not be anything personal. Commercial success says very little about the quality of the music. They have *some* qualities, or made *some* good tracks, but IMO too few to appreciate much.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: January 25, 2011 12:12

Most progrock, especially Yes and ELP, don't mind Pink Floyd though.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 25, 2011 15:15

lsbz
Gazza
Captain Teague
Shezeboss

They're really not the best of bands; it needs not be anything personal. Commercial success says very little about the quality of the music. They have *some* qualities, or made *some* good tracks, but IMO too few to appreciate much.

none of which is exactly enough to warrant them being the worst ten acts on the planet.....

Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: January 25, 2011 15:22

Gazza
lsbz
Gazza
Captain Teague
Shezeboss

none of which is exactly enough to warrant them being the worst ten acts on the planet.....

That's not what I, nor the original poster, nor I think anyone else in this thread wrote. I would more call them overrated, and the thread is about "not liking".

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 25, 2011 15:25

In my music heyday of teens and early 20's:

Fleetwood Mac
Bruce Springsteen
Journey
Supertramp
Phil Collins

As I settled into my core likes of music I discarded:

Styx
Kansas
REO Speedwagon
Asia
All Hair bands
Bon Jovi
ZZ Top

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home