Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Some real Rolling Stones generosity. Thanks
Posted by: three16 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 07:36

Perhaps.

Youtube and the net is filled with Rolling Stones boots, song outtakes, official video uploads, official full albums etcetera. They are totally cool with it all. As they are with 600 dollar tickets. But, that's for another thread. Still, with regard to abovementioned, I appreciate their generous behavior through their career. They are also generous this tour inviting younger artists to sit in. Just as they promoted the blues cats in the past. And of the past for that matter, hence the focus on pop/rock up and comers or semi-icons of today. And for the MT freaks, yes I think they have been quite generous with him this tour too. As with Bill Perkins. Where's Wayne anyway? He could be lighting up Hand of Fate or something. Anyway, thanks Rolling Stones. Keep Rockin

Re: Some real Rolling Stones generosity. Thanks
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 10, 2013 07:45

I know they are being very generous in allowing everyone to bring in cameras. That is totally cool! Some groups, like Tom Petty, are down right militant about NO CAMERAs, whereas Mick is saying cameras are no problemo... and the result is tons and tons and tons of awesome photos and videos from many many angles and persepctives. And in the long run it is best for everyone, and rooted in being generous. What goes around comes around.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 08:06

Max'sKansasCity
I know they are being very generous in allowing everyone to bring in cameras. That is totally cool! Some groups, like Tom Petty, are down right militant about NO CAMERAs, whereas Mick is saying cameras are no problemo... and the result is tons and tons and tons of awesome photos and videos from many many angles and persepctives. And in the long run it is best for everyone, and rooted in being generous. What goes around comes around.

I agree Max, good point with the current videos. Prince for another example doesn't allow anything on youtube. I can imagine Mick at least, maybe Ronnie too looks at some of the videos of their last performances for various reasons. Good for all like you say.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 10, 2013 08:16

I agree, but it is calculated. With the quality of iPhones and such, the warhorse is out of the barn. If you want a younger crowd in particular, they wouldn't come if they couldn't bring there phone....its like a pacemaker to them. Maybe they also figured out that the Dead encouraged crowd recordings and still sold two copies of Europe 72' to every Deadhead.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 10, 2013 08:29

How many gigs of Rolling Stones material is sitting on your hard drive? I have a lot, probably 100 gigs. cool smiley

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 10, 2013 08:32

MileHigh
How many gigs of Rolling Stones material is sitting on your hard drive? I have a lot, probably 100 gigs. cool smiley

.....and burned copies for backup.....but as a fan, I will honor and buy their release too....and the DVDs..... fan recordings are really just free advertisements.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 10, 2013 11:03

three16
Perhaps.

As with Bill Perkins. Where's Wayne anyway? He could be lighting up Hand of Fate or something. Anyway, thanks Rolling Stones. Keep Rockin

I think you mean Bill Perks, don't you?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 10, 2013 17:31

Silver Dagger
three16
As with Bill Perkins. Where's Wayne anyway? He could be lighting up Hand of Fate or something. Anyway, thanks Rolling Stones. Keep Rockin

I think you mean Bill Perks, don't you?

Why, man? Maybe he meant drummer Charles What.

In any case yes, the Stones make music with a warm heart and breadth of spirit,
and give everyone courage for years and years and years. Thanks and praises, Rolling Stones.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 10, 2013 20:11

So, since wHEN do they allow & welcome cameras!?? In Dec at the Brooklyn show, the guard told me NO CAMERAS! That's what they were told...of course after the show started, everyone had their cell phones going off left & right so I did whip out my Nikon and shot away....but don't you think if this is policy, and Mick is allowing it, it should be told to the management of these venues?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 10, 2013 20:13

BTW, the Stones used to have militant security when it came to recorders/cameras as well. There used to be a real art to getting things in....

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 10, 2013 20:19

three16
Max'sKansasCity

I agree Max, good point with the current videos. Prince for another example doesn't allow anything on youtube. I can imagine Mick at least, maybe Ronnie too looks at some of the videos of their last performances for various reasons. Good for all like you say.
They want to share this tour with everyone.. Warts an all... This tour is a landmark for audience participation. They should be thanked..

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 10, 2013 20:19

Because of smartphones, the era of policing for no pictures and videos at concerts is over. However, now that the medium of choice is HD, people that want quality will be willing to pay for a Bluray. So flooding YouTube with smartcamera concert clips probably only puts a small dent in Bluray sales.

The Stones will not sell a lot of Blurays if they release one. They are just a niche player. Rihanna and her generation drive download sales and Bluray sales and get the video hits on YouTube.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: June 11, 2013 00:07

It's a fact: We have plenty of videos ,just some hours after the concert and even complete concerts (at the Max,Bremen,Las vegas,Checkerboard lounge) for free on Youtube....THANKS the Stones....

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: June 13, 2013 09:32

Would love a boot of the Anaheim show... Should I check Dime...?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home