Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Crossfire Hurricane bonus features query
Posted by: bobcat ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:34

Can someone clarify or confirm whether there are more extras on the US DVD/Blu-rays than on the UK ones?

Re: Crossfire Hurricane bonus features query
Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:33

I can't even find the DVD in local stores. Target & Walmart, they don't even have it in the stock list in their computers.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 5, 2013 17:42

In the US mine has I Wanna Be Your Man and Tell Me from the Arthur Haynes show, Not Fade Away, I Just Wanna Make Love to You, an I'm All Right from NME '64. Pain In My Heart and the Last Time from NME '65. Also there is Satisfaction and I'm All Right from Germany, 1965. And an interview with Brett Morgen, the director.

Date: June 5, 2013 18:52

Many thanks 24FPS

Anyone in the UK?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 5, 2013 21:06

spsimmons
I can't even find the DVD in local stores. Target & Walmart, they don't even have it in the stock list in their computers.

Those stores banned it because they're mad at T. Swift for stooping so low...try Bottles n Bins...I think they have it...

Date: June 5, 2013 21:26

Per a review on Amazon UK, the US version is not only cheaper, it has more features. The reviewer said the UK version only has the two numbers from Germany, and the interview with Brett Morgen.

Date: June 6, 2013 13:45

24FPS
Per a review on Amazon UK, the US version is not only cheaper, it has more features. The reviewer said the UK version only has the two numbers from Germany, and the interview with Brett Morgen.

Yes, I saw that review also....but what about the UK Blu-ray?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 6, 2013 13:55

Japanese Hurricane ........

ROCKMAN

Date: June 6, 2013 15:43

Rockman

Japanese Hurricane ........

So that one has far fewer bonus performances than the US DVD....

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: June 6, 2013 15:51

The NME footage has been circulating for years

Date: June 6, 2013 18:59

cookwazzahoe

Sure, but it's nice to get an official release of it....whether it's in official release quality is another matter....

Date: June 6, 2013 19:00

bobcat
cookwazzahoe

Sure, but it's nice to get an official release of it....whether it's in official release quality is another matter....

and whether it's on the UK Blu-ray is what I am trying to find out!

Date: June 6, 2013 21:49

bobcat
cookwazzahoe

Some of the NME is in better shape than others. The Arthur Haynes video is a little flat, but come on, it's classic.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 10, 2013 01:25

Just bought the dvd from walmart for $10 but only bonus features are the 2 tracks from Germany. Who has the one with the extra NME footage???

Date: June 10, 2013 02:55

I have the NME footage here in the states. After thinking about it, maybe they couldn't get licensing rights at a good price in the UK for NME footage and whoever controls Arthur Haynes footage.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 04:31

Just bought a copy last night, Found it at Barnes and Noble.
I haven't really been 'into' the Stones right now, so I was just going to put it on the shelf, but then i thought...WTF, I'll skim through it. I was expecting just the usual, standard stuff, stories, clips, footage we've all seen before so I thought I could just breeze through on fast-forward.
I was wrong. I found myself engrossed, really digging the footage - stuff we really haven't seen....
Like the extended early stuff on tour...the studio footage with Brian, Anita ....and then Brian walking away, out the door with his guitar with Mick's sensitive, sort of wistful and meloncholy voiceover...it was a nice epitaph for Brian, very poignant. And all that amazing 72 footage....Bobby, Mick T.,The black chick, Mick and Bianca with their arms around each other backstage, Keith in various states of ..well, whatever. You really got a sense of that time, and the craziness and excitment of that tour.
The dvd was truly worth it. I also love how they focused primarily on period up to 72-73....I mean, that was the crossfire hurricane of their career, so it was perfect.
Anyone who hasn't gotten it, or think its just another retread doc - it's about as much as we'll ever see behind the Stones' curtain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-10 04:38 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 10, 2013 04:41

It's Suki in the Brian 1967 studio footage. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-10 04:42 by His Majesty.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 06:42

His Majesty
It's Suki in the Brian 1967 studio footage. smiling smiley

Yes! I eventually realized that - its amazing how much she looked like Anita though...

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 10, 2013 13:48

24FPS
I have the NME footage here in the states. After thinking about it, maybe they couldn't get licensing rights at a good price in the UK for NME footage and whoever controls Arthur Haynes footage.

On yours, is the NME footage listed on the back as a bonus or just Germany? I haven't opened mine yet so I can still return it.

Update: Best Buy has the version with the bonus tracks, they are all listed on the back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-10 20:41 by shadooby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2445
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home