Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O T Elvis Costello
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 30, 2013 14:10

Just recieved news that i have some free tickets for Elvis in sunny Brum tomorrow night.

Anybody seen him on this recent tour and have any views etc

Hope he does tramp the dirt down.

Re: O T Elvis Costello
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: May 30, 2013 14:27

he´s great. saw him, two years ago when he was playin´ solo. he´s a very funny and versatile entertainer, yes!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: May 30, 2013 14:30

Hi Mike,

What a result that is for you!
I'll be seeing E.C. a week on Saturday: if he and the band are half as good as last year then I'll still be grinning as only this idiot can, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Simon.

Date: May 30, 2013 14:35

Thanks Blueinc.

Hi Simon.

Yes a nice result as i was thinking of going to see elvis, looking forward to it.

Enjoy Eric as i know you will.

Are you going to Hyde park by any chance?

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: May 30, 2013 14:50

odean73
Thanks Blueinc.
Hi Simon.
Yes a nice result as i was thinking of going to see elvis, looking forward to it.

...at the minute, nah...although that may well change. If I'm 100% honest, I reckon the main attraction for me would be to meet up with fellow IORRian loons. Present company included, obviously...
I'll see nearer the time and maybe see you down there!

Date: May 30, 2013 15:14

SimonN
odean73
Thanks Blueinc.
Hi Simon.

...at the minute, nah...although that may well change. If I'm 100% honest, I reckon the main attraction for me would be to meet up with fellow IORRian loons. Present company included, obviously...
I'll see nearer the time and maybe see you down there!

It would be nice to meet up again, i will be flying back from spain for the 6th july concert and then flying back on the 7th.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: May 30, 2013 15:46

Saw him in Eindhoven last year (or is it two years already?). Great performance, beatiful voice. Enjoy.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 30, 2013 16:02

Solo or with The Imposters or any of his other bands, he is always entertaining. Enjoy!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 30, 2013 16:16

Pump It Up

Posted by: tnhybrid ()
Date: May 31, 2013 08:52

Have seen him many many (18+) times. Always a great show. Usually high energy, but shorter than normal the last couple times...

Date: May 31, 2013 11:35

Thanks for all the responses.thumbs updrinking smiley

Looking forward to tonight.drinking smiley

Date: June 1, 2013 14:24

Elvis was really good last night.

Even done a great version of ' out of time ' which completed the night for me and I would say a few thousand more on looking at the response from the crowd.

He has a young lady walking round the arena picking out various people to go up on stage and spin a big wheel that contains various songs.

The one guy stated that his song he wanted ' tramp the dirt down ' was not on the wheel, but Elvis duly obliged and done a great version in which the crowd really appreciated, funnily enough I got the feeling Elvis seemed very emotional after singing this song and went off stage for a few minutes immediately after finishing the song.

Elvis also done a walk about around the bottom half or the arena and once again picking people out to join him on stage, there was also a dancing gage on the stage in which a go-go dancer was strutting her stuff and guests were invited to join her in the gage as well.

All in all a great show and if you get the chance to go, please do its well worth it.
Highlight songs for me were,

out of time
Oliver's army
Roses
Ship building
Tramp the dirt down
Pump it up

But they were all decent, apparently according to the local paper he told a story about being at an awards ceremony and Keith Richards and chuck berry were in attendance and he feared the worst as he had heard that Keith and chuck had a bit of history between them, but everything had passed ok that night.
Apologies for going on.

Date: June 1, 2013 14:28

Forgot to mention, that the guy who got us the free tickets works for a certain airline, and had the privilege of looking after Mick, Ronnie and Charlie a few years back and he stated that they were very pleasant and were well mannered.

Date: June 5, 2013 10:15

odean73
Elvis was really good last night.

Even done a great version of ' out of time ' which completed the night for me and I would say a few thousand more on looking at the response from the crowd.

He has a young lady walking round the arena picking out various people to go up on stage and spin a big wheel that contains various songs.

The one guy stated that his song he wanted ' tramp the dirt down ' was not on the wheel, but Elvis duly obliged and done a great version in which the crowd really appreciated, funnily enough I got the feeling Elvis seemed very emotional after singing this song and went off stage for a few minutes immediately after finishing the song.

Elvis also done a walk about around the bottom half or the arena and once again picking people out to join him on stage, there was also a dancing gage on the stage in which a go-go dancer was strutting her stuff and guests were invited to join her in the gage as well.

All in all a great show and if you get the chance to go, please do its well worth it.
Highlight songs for me were,

out of time
Oliver's army
Roses
Ship building
Tramp the dirt down
Pump it up

But they were all decent, apparently according to the local paper he told a story about being at an awards ceremony and Keith Richards and chuck berry were in attendance and he feared the worst as he had heard that Keith and chuck had a bit of history between them, but everything had passed ok that night.
Apologies for going on.

Apparently the story about keith and chuck was taken from a 2012 review. I do Apologies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home