Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is Crossfire Hurricane worth getting for the 72 tour material ?
Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: June 4, 2013 11:30

I have been watching L and G and CS blues for about 40 years now and am a little tired of the same old material. Is there anything new on here from the 72 tour that would want to make me go out and buy this ?

Re: Is Crossfire Hurricane worth getting for the 72 tour material ?
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 4, 2013 11:52

tornnfrayed
I have been watching L and G and CS blues for about 40 years now and am a little tired of the same old material.

You mean on repeat?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2013 12:28

....good ad for whatever brand of VCR are ya playin' it on ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 4, 2013 12:29

Well, the film starts with Dick Cavett going backstage and Mick explaining what sort of pills were being handed out on trays....

There are some outtake footage clips from CS Blues, but the film is 2 hours and covers 15 years so they don't spend a whole lot of time on the '72 tour.

I would recommend it because it's a well-made, authorized film biography that tells the story--at least of the "black hat" phase of their career--from their own points of view.... oh yeah, and Keith clears up the myth of "Popeye the sailor man" once and for all.

It's not like L&G in that there are not extended clips of concert performances, and it's not like CS Blues in that it doesn't linger on disjointed rambling scenes for any great length--it is a fast-paced film with lots of quick edits. It's not a film you would grow tired of very quickly, even though you may have seen most of the footage before. As the director Brett Morgen has pointed out in a recent interview, unlike with The Beatles, there really is no more Rolling Stones footage to be discovered and newly screened, aside from further outtakes from CS Blues.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: June 4, 2013 16:12

Does Robert Frank own the outtakes from CS Blues?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1154
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home