Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The son of Brian Jones. A novel by Jesús Ferrero
Date: May 30, 2013 13:32

The son of Brian Jones: a novel by Jesús Ferrero, a well-known spanish novelist.

According to some reviews the author did not want to write either an essay, as it could be regarded as too documentary, or a novel about Brian Jones life (it would have been pedantic ). Thus the novelist has ben able to lay out a three layered plot, with Brian Jones inbetween acting as the epicentre.

Julian, the son of Brian Jones gardeners who died in a car crash, travels to Broadway in order to shed light on his origins. There he gets to know Lu, the Brian Jones lover, and her (and Brian's) son Alexis, a especial and one of a kind boy, endowed with sensitivity and trained in german Romanticism.

This is the start point of the Jones' life in the Swinging London (guided by both the memories of those who knew him and the notes of Lu) and on the other hand the Alexis life in Manhattan. Julian's famity quest is set as the third level of the story.

links (in spanish....that's all we got..)

news paper review

A literary blog review

Re: The son of Brian Jones. A novel by Jesús Ferrero
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 30, 2013 18:15

well good luck to the author. reckon he's a Stones fan?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 30, 2013 19:22

While this sounds like an interesting novel for people who like to read (and I do) it also reminds me of too many fantasy posts I've read here about members of the Rolling Stones.

A good friend of mine who Brian deeply admired said to me in 1968: "I am afraid that Brian is headed for disaster. He's his own worst enemy."

Brian is dead and, hopefully, at peace. But I continue to feel very sad for the people who loved him despite their constant worry and concern. To my mind, it is cruel to drag his children/his women into novels or IORR posts. They deserve to lead happy,non-neurotic PRIVATE lives.

Date: May 30, 2013 21:53

This is an interesting point stonesrule.

I just tried to share this finding to this fan community as I think there must be a big number of fans interested in Brian Jones (spanish or learners of spanish by the way).

This novelist is a stones fan, in some way. He delves a lot ih the sixties topic.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 31, 2013 11:30

Seems like a use of a famous name to try and get extra sals to me. grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1249
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home