Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tickets for Toronto - 2nd show
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 28, 2013 05:31

I was just looking to see if any $85 seats for Toronto's 2nd show were available on ticket master, and there were't any, but for $266 there were one's in the arena's restaurant? Does anyone know what this is?

SectionRESTRowRLSeats18Description Price Level 3
Seating within the Air Canada Club Restaurant
ALCOHOL PERMITTED SECTION
TypeFull Price Ticket
Ticket PriceCA $266.50 x 1
Price Details
SUBTOTAL*CA $266.50

They also had tickets for $266 in section 104, at the opposite end of the arena from the stage.

Step up to the next price level for $466 and the search returned:

Section117Row5Seats4Description Price Level 2
Reserved Lower Level Seating
PLATINUM
SIDE VIEW SEATING
ALCOHOL PERMITTED SECTION
TypeFull Price Ticket
Ticket PriceCA $466.50 x 1
Price Details
SUBTOTAL*CA $466.50

A side-view for $466?

Trying to figure out, based on what people know of Air Canada Centre or who have been at other shows this tour, are there any good/bad locations for sound?

I have seen the Stones several times in Toronto at Rogers Centre and the sound there could be OK in some spots, nothing but a muddy echo in others. IF I can find a cheaper ticket, I would like to go, primarily to see Taylor play with them. But I actually want to hear it...any advice on location? Where in the arena is the restaurant seating? I appreciate any help.

Re: Tickets for Toronto - 2nd show
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 28, 2013 05:36

The restaurant at the ACC has an view from the back of the floor, above the first level of tickets. You are basically seated at a counter that looks into the arena - open, no windows. I had a seat there for Springsteen a few years ago, and it wasn't bad. You can have food or drinks at your seat if you want.

I had Sec 117 side view on Saturday, and the seat you were offered is a GOOD seat! However, that section is under a few large, ceiling-mounted speakers and I am still waiting for my ears to stop ringing. I've ordered earplugs for the June 6th show as I'm in the same area on the other side of the stage. I hope it helps - the sound on Saturday was muddy as hell where I was sitting.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: May 28, 2013 05:59

I sat in that section, twice actually, this past Saturday, and in 1999, it's a great seat. The side ramp is right there, and on Saturday Mick came over a lot. The only downside I saw was being near the speaker, but I didn't think the sound was muddy, I was in row 14, row 5 would be great I think. The big screen isn't a full view, but I could see it fine from seat 5 in the row, there's a smaller screen also right above the section. You can see everyone, also. I have $85s for the June 6th show, so I don't know where I'll be then.

Date: May 28, 2013 15:21

Thanks!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 28, 2013 16:17

I wonder if the beer and nachos orders spike during Keith's set?

Date: May 28, 2013 18:11

Yikes! Went to Stub Hub and their map shows the Air Canada Club Restaurant directly behind the stage - between the lower bowl and balcony. Worst seats in the house.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 28, 2013 18:21

I had side view on the other side for Saturday's show. Great seats... these were close to the aisle so they were by the front of the stage.
I didn't have the sound issues at all. Sound was great.

Same $450 price range but I got them right before the show for $150.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 28, 2013 19:02

buffalo7478
Yikes! Went to Stub Hub and their map shows the Air Canada Club Restaurant directly behind the stage - between the lower bowl and balcony. Worst seats in the house.

Yes, but the wait service is fantastic!

Date: May 29, 2013 19:32

andrewt
I had side view on the other side for Saturday's show. Great seats... these were close to the aisle so they were by the front of the stage.

I am going to try what you did Andrew and wait till showtime and see what happens. Worst case is I don't get tix and have to hang out in Toronto overnight, enjoying Canadian beer.....

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 29, 2013 20:26

buffalo7478
andrewt

I am going to try what you did Andrew and wait till showtime and see what happens. Worst case is I don't get tix and have to hang out in Toronto overnight, enjoying Canadian beer.....

That wouldn't be so bad but it will work out. Check Craigslist often as showtime gets close. Also,once the shows starts (9PM) scalpers outside will be freaking, and you can still make it to your seat only missing Get Off Of My Cloud. I might even see you in the Real Sports bar (insanely overpriced but next to the box office) if I decide to go down the same road again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home