Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie in LA - May 16
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:03

Ronnie, the missus and a gauntlet of paparazzi.

Ronnie Wood
We Didn't HAVE to Slash Ticket Prices ...

The Rolling Stones weren't FORCED to drastically lower ticket prices for their current concert tour due to slow sales, they CHOSE to bring the cost down ... this according to guitarist Ronnie Wood.

The story has been everywhere -- more than 1,000 seats for a recent Stones show were slashed to $85 at the last minute ... and according to reports, it was all because the concert was drastically undersold.

But on the way out of Fred Segal in L.A. yesterday, Wood insisted the move wasn't motivated by $$$ -- instead, Wood says, the band just simply "wanted" to do it ... for the fans.

You buyin' that?

[www.tmz.com]

Re: Ronnie in LA - May 16
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:12

Yes, I'm sure Ronnie is constantly on the phone with AEG getting hourly status reports of how ticket sales are going and yes, AEG has nothing to do with the slashing of prices, after all, they are the ones who's profit is on the line.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:15

I'm looking at Ronnie's hair.

That's all.

Date: May 17, 2013 22:17

GravityBoy

That's all.

I'll have to check that out when I get home....my work computer filters out about 80% of all photos.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:20

BluzDude
GravityBoy

That's all.

I'll have to check that out when I get home....my work computer filters out about 80% of all photos.

Let's just say that, from what I can see in the photo, the hair spray he uses before going on stage must be loaded with black dye.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:26

"We didn't have to, we wanted to"!

What a crock of bullshit Ronnie! cool smiley

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:36

We 'wanted' to lower $600 tickers to $280 the week before because we are nice guys. It was just coincidence that they were not sold yet with a week to go. Great seats are still available because we want them to be availabe.

Keep on shoveling it.

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:50

I'm sure Ronnie has as much to do with the ticket prices as the finance team has to do with the soloing on Start Me Up.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:53

bye bye johnny
Ronnie, the missus and a gauntlet of paparazzi.

Ronnie Wood
We Didn't HAVE to Slash Ticket Prices ...

The Rolling Stones weren't FORCED to drastically lower ticket prices for their current concert tour due to slow sales, they CHOSE to bring the cost down ... this according to guitarist Ronnie Wood.

The story has been everywhere -- more than 1,000 seats for a recent Stones show were slashed to $85 at the last minute ... and according to reports, it was all because the concert was drastically undersold.

But on the way out of Fred Segal in L.A. yesterday, Wood insisted the move wasn't motivated by $$$ -- instead, Wood says, the band just simply "wanted" to do it ... for the fans.

You buyin' that?

[www.tmz.com]

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:22

Yes, I take everything Ronnie Wood says literally because all of his statements have proven to be correct in the past.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:29

BluzDude
Yes, I'm sure Ronnie is constantly on the phone with AEG getting hourly status reports of how ticket sales are going

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:35

71Tele
Yes, I take everything Ronnie Wood says literally because all of his statements have proven to be correct in the past.

Sigh.... as another Taylorite chimes in nasty stuff about Ronnie, I guess to make himself feel better because Mick Taylor quit the band, and will forever (maybe)(if he is lucky) be relegated to a 1 song guest spot with his former band, unless the Taylorites non stop begging can get him a bigger handout, more charity work, on two songs.

Then later the Taylorites claim they never talk shit about Ronnie, saying "wha wha wha, why does anyone talk shit about Micky Taylor?, it is so unfair, just because Taylor quit doesnt mean you can talk shit about him, we never say shit about Ronnie, except when we constantly do".

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:50

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

Sigh.... as another Taylorite chimes in nasty stuff about Ronnie, I guess to make himself feel better because Mick Taylor quit the band, and will forever (maybe)(if he is lucky) be relegated to a 1 song guest spot with his former band, unless the Taylorites non stop begging can get him a bigger handout, more charity work, on two songs.

Then later the Taylorites claim they never talk shit about Ronnie, saying "wha wha wha, why does anyone talk shit about Micky Taylor?, it is so unfair, just because Taylor quit doesnt mean you can talk shit about him, we never say shit about Ronnie, except when we constantly do".

No one is talking smack about Ron Wood's guitar playing. A man who has said that Peter Green begged him to join Led Zeppelin and had to settle for Jimmy Page, and has said that more than once, and has also said he was at the Stones' Hyde Park concert in '69 when he couldn't possibly have been, may not always be the most consistently honest person. That's all that's being said.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:57

Fred Segal Feet ..... so that means Ronnie was in Melrose Ave ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 17, 2013 23:59

marianna
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

No one is talking smack about Ron Wood's guitar playing. A man who has said that Peter Green begged him to join Led Zeppelin and had to settle for Jimmy Page, and has said that more than once, and has also said he was at the Stones' Hyde Park concert in '69 when he couldn't possibly have been, may not always be the most consistently honest person. That's all that's being said.

Exactly, talking smack... while saying "No one is talking smack"

meanwhile the Taylor beggars march onwards.... talking shit abour Ronnie, while begging for Taylor.... Poor old charity case Mick Taylor. Maybe someone should start a foundation or something to help out the poor fella, maybe help him over come his poor life choices.... compared and contrasted to Ronnie Wood (who no matter what the smack talkers try to claim) has kept his steady job for 30 years, unlike "fly by night Taylor", who is pretty much a job skipper, job quitter, and now needs people to beg for him.

As Taylorites continue to beg....
"Oh please please help poor Mick Taylor, he needs your help and support, he is the most worthy charity case on the planet. Oh please please Mr Jagger, please give Mick Taylor more songs, please, we are begging you."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 00:09 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 18, 2013 00:10

Rockman
Fred Segal Feet ..... so that means Ronnie was in Melrose Ave ....

Yes, but the Strip is more or less on the other side of Fairfax, sure you know that anyway.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 18, 2013 00:13

GravityBoy

Me I'm looking at Ron's daught...errr girlfriend!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:23

Another $85 ticket drop?!?!?!?!

Date: May 18, 2013 02:44

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

As you know, I was making a joke on the veracity of Ronnie's various public pronouncements over the years, which (as you know as well) have proven to be less than reliable. I have made humorous comments about Mick and Keith's statements over the years as well, and have even had a laugh or two at Taylor's expense. I think laughter is good. Pompously making a sacred cow out of one band member is not.

I am sorry having a small laugh at factual information bothers you so much. But that is your problem, and I leave you to it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 02:49 by 71Tele.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:51

marianna
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

Exactly. Any joke about Ronnie and one person gets hysterical. You could set your watch to it.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:53

What did Peter Green have to do with Led Zeppelin anyway?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:56

Peter Grant, not Peter Green.

Date: May 18, 2013 02:59

71Tele
marianna
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

Exactly. Any joke about Ronnie and one person gets hysterical. You could set your watch to it.

You dont seem to understand the meaning of of hysterical... but one thing you do understand, and love doing, is talking shit about Ronnie, no matter the thread or topic... like pavlovs dog.... You see Ronnie's name must make snarky comment while at the same time always being hyper-sensititve to anyone saying anything about your charity case, Mick Taylor.

Poor Mick Taylor, he cant even afford a guitar and amp, he has to go begging for one to play.

Date: May 18, 2013 03:07

bye bye johnny
Peter Grant, not Peter Green.

We all know that, but the comment was Peter Green

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:15

Sorry, got Peter Grant's name mixed up.

Ron should have said a simple no comment. He's not responsible for ticket prices being set at $600 or being put on sale for as much as 75% off and more when they didn't sell out.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:26

I wonder if the Stones wanted to drop Anaheim FLOOR tickets at $150 which are available right now!

Thanks Ronnie! winking smiley

Date: May 18, 2013 03:26

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
marianna
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

You dont seem to understand the meaning of of hysterical... but one thing you do understand, and love doing, is talking shit about Ronnie, no matter the thread or topic... like pavlovs dog.... You see Ronnie's name must make snarky comment while at the same time always being hyper-sensititve to anyone saying anything about your charity case, Mick Taylor.

Poor Mick Taylor, he cant even afford a guitar and amp, he has to go begging for one to play.

It's interesting how anything about Ron Wood must be replied to with nastiness about Mick Taylor, no matter how irrelevant to the topic or thread.

Date: May 18, 2013 03:30

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
marianna
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

It's interesting how anything about Ron Wood must be replied to with nastiness about Mick Taylor, no matter how irrelevant to the topic or thread.

As interesting as you replying to anything about Ronnie Wood with a nasty comment?

You dont have to come into Ronnie Wood threads, I have started to avoid the seemingly endless supply of stupid, begging, praying, "lets make Mick Taylor a chairty case" threads... mainly to avoid the hyper sensitve Taylorites who love to bash Wood at every opportunity (while denying it as they do it), but whine incessantly when they perceive, or imagine, anyone saying anything about their precious Mick Taylor.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 18, 2013 03:38

One thing I love about the Stones being in Southern California: when I'm just out and about anywhere, people are wearing their Stones T-shirts (including myself) and I've had a number of spontaneous conversations and shout-outs—"Love your T-shirt," "Saw them Wednesday!" "Seeing them Saturday!" It's great.

Date: May 18, 2013 03:39

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
marianna
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

As interesting as you replying to anything about Ronnie Wood with a nasty comment?

You dont have to come into Ronnie Wood threads, I have started to avoid the seemingly endless supply of stupid, begging, praying, "lets make Mick Taylor a chairty case" threads... mainly to avoid the hyper sensitve Taylorites who love to bash Wood at every opportunity (while denying it as they do it), but whine incessantly when they perceive, or imagine, anyone saying anything about their precious Mick Taylor.

I will make a joke about whomever I want: You, me, Mick Taylor, Ron Wood, Jesus. As Mick Jagger said when given a hard time about the lyrics to the title track of Some Girls: "F u c k them if they can't take a joke". That's what I love about this band. A couple of people on this board, not so much.

Have a nice evening.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1181
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home