Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
My #1 Guest choice by a mile: Chuck Berry
Posted by: goodvibe61 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:15

I understand a big reason they have younger artists come out on stage with them is to make them more accessible to young fans. I get that. I even get the whole pop star element of it (personally I can do without it).

But if I could have my choice of ANYONE coming out there to play with them, my choice would be Chuck.

i imagine what it would have been like to see Howlin' Wolf with the Stones. Bo Diddley. John Lee Hooker. Muddy. Those would have been incredible.

I would have loved seeing Tom Waits the other night, that's about as close to bliss as I could imagine. Jack White would be good, but the generation gap there is too big for it to be that big a deal to me.

Well, Chuck is still around. He's a major part of the Stones' legacy. There's a great deal of history there. A GREAT deal in fact.

To me, it would be a genuine thrill if Chuck Berry walked out onstage to play with the Rolling Stones. That would part a charge into me for sure. Can you imagine Little Queenie, Carol, my god that would be like time standing still!

Re: My #1 Guest choice by a mile: Chuck Berry
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:18

I concur.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:19

thumbs up on that. even if he played terrible and they came to blows on stage (both possibilities) he would be the most worthy and fitting guest they could have.

Date: May 19, 2013 22:21

goodvibe61
I understand a big reason they have younger artists come out on stage with them is to make them more accessible to young fans. I get that. I even get the whole pop star element of it (personally I can do without it).

But if I could have my choice of ANYONE coming out there to play with them, my choice would be Chuck.

i imagine what it would have been like to see Howlin' Wolf with the Stones. Bo Diddley. John Lee Hooker. Muddy. Those would have been incredible.

I would have loved seeing Tom Waits the other night, that's about as close to bliss as I could imagine. Jack White would be good, but the generation gap there is too big for it to be that big a deal to me.

Well, Chuck is still around. He's a major part of the Stones' legacy. There's a great deal of history there. A GREAT deal in fact.

To me, it would be a genuine thrill if Chuck Berry walked out onstage to play with the Rolling Stones. That would part a charge into me for sure. Can you imagine Little Queenie, Carol, my god that would be like time standing still!

Great idea!

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:22

If I could have my choice of anyone coming out there to play with them, I would pick Erwan Nijhoff.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:23

You may get your wish at the Chicago concert smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:32

Well there's one out here who know more ....CBII ?

Date: May 19, 2013 22:39

Would also like to see Bob Dylan guest on Like A Rolling Stone.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:48

I'd love to see it.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:51

I admit hope is fading for Tom John Woodward...damn Welshman

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:08

Can you imagine Chuck stopping Little Queenie after a few bars, making wild gestures with his arms indicating that the drummer hit the wrong beat? And then once more because a spotlight is pointed so that he can't see the audiance? That would be a laugh.

No really, I love him. I've seen him some years ago and it was good fun in every way.

Date: May 19, 2013 23:13

Limbostone
Can you imagine Chuck stopping Little Queenie after a few bars, making wild gestures with his arms indicating that the drummer hit the wrong beat? And then once more because a spotlight is pointed so that he can't see the audiance? That would be a laugh.

No really, I love him. I've seen him some years ago and it was good fun in every way.

Chuck was a perfectionist and we love that...but if he attempts to stop a song none of the Stones will notice...did you hear Little Red Rooster with Waits?

That stopped and started somewhere around 12 times...nobody knew where the hell they were...

Date: May 19, 2013 23:15

Limbostone
Can you imagine Chuck stopping Little Queenie after a few bars, making wild gestures with his arms indicating that the drummer hit the wrong beat?

Actually I think they should do Carol.

"If you're gonna play it then play it right..."

Could be great.

Date: May 19, 2013 23:17

GravityBoy
Limbostone
Can you imagine Chuck stopping Little Queenie after a few bars, making wild gestures with his arms indicating that the drummer hit the wrong beat?

Could be great.

Do you still have the sweater vest from your photo?
Its lovely...

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:19

Stoneage
I concur.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:23

I love CB.
His playing and his legacy is brilliant.
But, in truth, he's not a nice guy.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:24

Munichhilton
Limbostone

Chuck was a perfectionist and we love that...but if he attempts to stop a song none of the Stones will notice...did you hear Little Red Rooster with Waits?

That stopped and started somewhere around 12 times...nobody knew where the hell they were...

i think they learned after she's so cold at wembley that if you close your eyes and just keep playing sooner or later the song will end and 90% of the audience won't notice or care...

Date: May 19, 2013 23:40

Munichhilton
GravityBoy
Limbostone

Could be great.

Its lovely...

Sadly no.. it was lovely though.

Brown and white and red...

Brown will make a comeback one day I hope.

Date: May 19, 2013 23:42

GravityBoy
Munichhilton
GravityBoy
Limbostone

Could be great.

Its lovely...
Sadly no.. it was lovely though.

Brown and white and red...

Brown will make a comeback one day I hope.

Actually... I sued to wear it with my brown corduroy jacket and red.. (yes)... corduroy trousers.

I was a babe magnet.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 23:43 by GravityBoy.

Date: May 19, 2013 23:43

Brown is the new normal...

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:44

Berry can barely walk.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:48

Well he don't have to run a marathon..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 00:05 by NICOS.

Date: May 19, 2013 23:50

Plus he still duckwalks fine...that's all we need on stage.
I say bring him and Tom and I will buy a ticket...

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:27

JumpinJackOLantern
Would also like to see Bob Dylan guest on Like A Rolling Stone.

again? wasn't it disastrous enough already?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:29

sonomastone
Munichhilton
Limbostone

i think they learned after she's so cold at wembley that if you close your eyes and just keep playing sooner or later the song will end and 90% of the audience won't notice or care...

reminds me of a remark from carolyn wonderland (fabulous local gal done good)...she's intro'ing a new song..."I hope you like it, but if you don't it's ok, it's not very long." the stones should employ this intro for the two new songs.

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:36

HELL YEAH!!!! why not Chuck? Pretty sho he would decline.....but if he was smart he would embrace THE STONES and where they took his music....just sayin

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:25

I agree with the sentiment to have Chuck Berry come out on stage, but to have him actually play anything?
Hmmmmm....I wish he could.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:07

Chuck Berry? Absolutely not.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:08

A nice visual experience for the romantics, who are also 100% assured of major disappointment. I prefer a classic rocker who can add value - like Tom Petty or John Mellencamp or frequent Stones coverer Lindsey Buckingham.

Actually: JANELLE MONAE over all of the above.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-20 04:05 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: May 20, 2013 03:11

I love Chuck Berry, have seen him many times over the years and am eternally grateful for his performances he has given us. I wanted to play guitar because of him and his musical progeny. I am very sad to say he simply cannot play anymore. I saw him not long ago at the Howard Theatre in DC with three other guitar player friends. As much as we love him and what he gave the world he has slowed down to the point of perhaps considering having his son, a gifted player/performer cover all the guitar parts as it is painful to hear. I mean no harm and have the utmost respect for him and his lovely family and wish them all the best. Now Eddie Vedder would be fun to hear on CYHMK!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home