Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Has anyone had rear view seats? We're they worth it?
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 16, 2013 22:45

I only ask because I was offered seats in Boston in section 20 (rear view) by a buddy who can't make the show for less than face value.

Are they worth it or will you not be able to see anything? Not really sure how the stage looks or if I would even be able to see the band. Seems like they could be great seats or the worst in the house. I'd hate to pay a lot of $ (even below face they are pricey) and not be able to see anything.

Just wondering + thanks in advance.

Re: Has anyone had rear view seats? We're they worth it?
Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:05

They're not bad, especially if you've seen a band before, if you can get them for a cheap price. They were $50 tickets back in 2002, so not too bad compared to the rest of the house (now they're at least $85, or maybe close to $200 if you can't get $85 seats).

You see things you don't notice as much if you watch from the front, such as how the band interacts and cue each other. You may or may not get a partial view of the screen. The sound isn't the best, either, but it wasn't bad. It was worth it for me, though, because it was a show that featured some less frequent songs on the setlist, such as three songs in a row from "Exile on Main Street." I haven't been to the latest tour partly due to the rather boring setlist (and the ticket prices, and a couple of other issues that I'd rather not bring up due to people complaining about complainers).

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:23

You'll probably end up better off checking for $170 or $85 tix on Ticketmaster a day or two before the show.
Without fail, good seats have come up that way for every show.

If you get 85's that suck, just worm your way up to better seats...it's not that hard given there's open rows throughout the arena at each show.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:28

Rear view might have been fine in the past when there was no staging in the arena and you could essentially see everyone's back on stage. Not this time. The stage is solid and they don't even have screens for those seats back there. Just be careful. Check a seating chart for the show and see if rear is just another term for the dreaded LIMITED VIEW.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:28

Looking at the stage design rear view would suck...be careful.

I will say that Mick does a good job at working the room.

So you will see Mick running and singing and approximately 13 asses and 2 or 3 bald spots...

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:31

depends on whose rear one is viewing, right?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2013 00:40

Rear stage view? Sounds depressing...seriously, why even bother.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 17, 2013 01:49

The $85.00 tickets I drew for Oakland were side view and slightly behind the stage but I was able to get an upgrade by asking guest services. Went from section 220 to 110, lower level. Farking awesome upgrade!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 01:50 by ChrisM.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 17, 2013 01:50

Ok, on a totally unrelated topic, WHY is the date May 17 for most of the latest posts when it's only Thursday ay 7PM here in the USA? Are you all Europeans?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 17, 2013 01:51

Oh, I see the clock is set by Oslo time!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out It makes sense! BV lives in that time zone...DUH!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 17, 2013 01:53

mickschix
Ok, on a totally unrelated topic, WHY is the date May 17 for most of the latest posts when it's only Thursday ay 7PM here in the USA? Are you all Europeans?

Check your settingsdrinking smiley

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 17, 2013 02:00

ChrisM
The $85.00 tickets I drew for Oakland were side view and slightly behind the stage but I was able to get an upgrade by asking guest services. Went from section 220 to 110, lower level. Farking awesome upgrade!

getting your section cut in half is somehow an upgrade?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 17, 2013 02:24

I had rear view once in Boston probably back in the mid-90's. I won't do that again. people just sat there watching the screen, that's all you could see. if someone stood, no one could see the screen and it was annoying.

It was a very annoying experience IMHO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home