Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Putting 50th Anniversary Year Into Perspective
Date: May 12, 2013 09:02

I think it's really important for many of us (including myself) to take a deep breath and consider what this 50th anniversary year was all about in the first place. I mean, before we become too critical about set lists let's try and remember that this year (which officially ends at midnight on July 11) was about celebrating 50 years of the greatest live rock 'n roll band of all time. Of course we were going to get the "classics". What did we expect? That they would do a tour performing new songs and rarities? The good news is that once this 50th anniversary year is over (plus two days) we can begin to look to the future and a new direction. I don't see any reason why this band is going to pack it in after July 13. They are on fire! Like Keith said, that is the best time to hit the studio and record a new album. They are just playing too damn good not to get their skinny English asses into the studio and bang out that last great Stones album that so many think is next to impossible. With the Stones, all things are possible! And don't forget that! For as long as there is breath, there is hope! You have the sun, the moon, and the Rolling Stones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-12 09:03 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Re: Putting 50th Anniversary Year Into Perspective
Date: May 12, 2013 09:28

JumpinJackOLantern
I think it's really important for many of us (including myself) to take a deep breath and consider what this 50th anniversary year was all about in the first place. I mean, before we become too critical about set lists let's try and remember that this year (which officially ends at midnight on July 11) was about celebrating 50 years of the greatest live rock 'n roll band of all time. Of course we were going to get the "classics". What did we expect? That they would do a tour performing new songs and rarities? The good news is that once this 50th anniversary year is over (plus two days) we can begin to look to the future and a new direction. I don't see any reason why this band is going to pack it in after July 13. They are on fire! Like Keith said, that is the best time to hit the studio and record a new album. They are just playing too damn good not to get their skinny English asses into the studio and bang out that last great Stones album that so many think is next to impossible. With the Stones, all things are possible! And don't forget that! For as long as there is breath, there is hope! You have the sun, the moon, and the Rolling Stones!

I promise! I won't forget!

Date: May 12, 2013 09:32

In fact, I will say so, under oath!

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: May 12, 2013 09:38

The 50th Anniversary Tour is simply a blatant cash grab. There will be no new direction afterwards. If they had anything new in them they would have put it out and sold it on the back of the 50 years hype. Once this tour is over they will slip back into post A Bigger Bang mode. Then it will be another series of archive releases.

But anyway onto more serious issues, what's the latest on Sons of The Beatles?

Date: May 12, 2013 10:02

BlackHat
The 50th Anniversary Tour is simply a blatant cash grab. There will be no new direction afterwards. If they had anything new in them they would have put it out and sold it on the back of the 50 years hype. Once this tour is over they will slip back into post A Bigger Bang mode. Then it will be another series of archive releases.

I see them recording a new album in early 2014. More shows next year. Only next time around it will be more theaters and clubs. Not to say they they won't do an arena show or two or some outdoor festival. However, if this is truly it, then they went out performing at an amazingly high level, especially when you consider their age. I am proud of each and every one of them. We should all be proud.

The Sons of the Beatles should happen. It's a no-brainer. Will it happen? I think so, but only time will tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-12 10:07 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: May 12, 2013 10:16

I hear and I obey. This is serious business.

Date: May 12, 2013 10:25

Glammy
I hear and I obey. This is serious business.

About all we can do as fans is stay on them and remind them how important it is for them to record that one last great album, for the road.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 12, 2013 16:13

I'd like to able to agree with you Jack but I don't think you are correct about the future. You are spot on about the high level they are playing at though.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 12, 2013 18:54

Jumpinjackolantern, don't you get tired of spewing the same stuff over and over again? you've been essentially talking about the same thing for months and months now. do you have talking points saved in a .txt file that you copy and paste everytime you come here? it's a legitimate question. i'm not trying to put you down. just curious, that's all.

Date: May 12, 2013 20:01

GumbootCloggeroo
Jumpinjackolantern, don't you get tired of spewing the same stuff over and over again? you've been essentially talking about the same thing for months and months now. do you have talking points saved in a .txt file that you copy and paste everytime you come here? it's a legitimate question. i'm not trying to put you down. just curious, that's all.

I don't mind you questioning my methods, but at least have enough class to acknowledge the results.

This has all been explained to you before.

Don't you have more important things to do? Like keeping the neighbor kids off your lawn? "Get Off My Lawn!"

Date: May 12, 2013 20:05

slew
I'd like to able to agree with you Jack but I don't think you are correct about the future. You are spot on about the high level they are playing at though.

Well, if this is it, then they damn well are going out in a blaze of glory, doing what they love most, putting on a great show. Greatest show on earth! I guess it isn't so bad finishing a close second to the Beatles for greatest band of all time.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 12, 2013 20:08

Would you please reply to this post? I think it's funny how you keep bumping your topics by replying especially when it's replying to your own post

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 12, 2013 20:24

BlackHat

Don't forget the Sons of Batman...

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: May 12, 2013 20:27

sonomastone
Would you please reply to this post? I think it's funny how you keep bumping your topics by replying especially when it's replying to your own post

I suggest you discuss this with Gumboot.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: May 13, 2013 20:22

I respectfully suggest that a Sons of The Beatles tour is more likely than a new studio album from the Stones.

Date: May 14, 2013 01:32

BlackHat
I respectfully suggest that a Sons of The Beatles tour is more likely than a new studio album from the Stones.

At the moment both appear to be long shots, but that could change in a heartbeat. We should have our answer (one way or the other) about the Stones within a year or so. If they haven't released or announced a new album by July 12, 2014 then I think it would be safe to assume that they never will. My gut feeling tells me that they will record a new album sometime in the spring of 2014. As far as the sons of the Beatles are concerned there are some significant obstacles to overcome, but I think they will eventually come together sometime within in the next seven years. Personally, I would like to see them come together in 2014 and celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Beatles coming to America, however, a Beatles family concert seems more likely at the moment. The first order of business is to get James and Paul on the same stage together in concert this summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-14 01:38 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 14, 2013 01:43

JumpinJackOLantern

That they would do a tour performing new songs and rarities?

No I don't expect they do new songs (what new songs) I expect that they do 70% HITS and 30% rarities (rarities for me are well know songs never performed Live ) "We Love You", "What a Shame" "Dandelion" to name a few

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1470
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home