Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New album thoughts
Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: May 10, 2013 21:19

...well...after reading that article in Rolling Stone...all of us...(ESPECIALLY ME)...that were hoping that they would at least come together and try and write an LP that makes up for "A Bigger Bang"...have Mick Taylor on it...and go out on a high note...can finally put that idea to bed...

i honestly don't think they can sit down and write together...especially after the 'small dick" comments and how they still sting....these shows will probably wipe them out physically and mentally...and the backlash over the ticket prices and attendence...plus the fact that Mick has read that article...and saw where Keith sorta made fun of his 'apology'...

Keith is an idiot sometimes...saying a bunch of dumb crap that only hurts the band...but then again...they are 70 years old...and they were sick of each other a long time ago..

sad though...but if the only choice was another half Mick/half Keith LP it wouldn't be worth a damn anyway...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 12:51 by bv.

Re: NEW ALBUM
Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 10, 2013 21:36

Do you have a link for that Keith article?

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: May 10, 2013 21:41

Hope, if there will be a new album that would be like their first album til Aftermath!

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: May 10, 2013 21:50

sanQ
Do you have a link for that Keith article?

it's just the new Rolling Stone cover story...i think it is linked elsewhere ion here

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 10, 2013 21:59

You should change your thread title to 'NO new album'. smiling smiley

I agree with you. It is unfortunate that grown men can't get past all that stuff and just be friends again. That is really what it takes in order to get in the studio and crank out some great music. Right now they can't even be adventurous with their setlists, so I can't see them wanting to take a risk in the studio. I don't think they have it in them. We would all love to be proved wrong though. Summer is a great time to write...

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: May 10, 2013 22:10

cowboytoast
...well...after reading that article in Rolling Stone...all of us...(ESPECIALLY ME)...that were hoping that they would at least come together and try and write an LP that makes up for "A Bigger Bang"...have Mick Taylor on it...and go out on a high note...can finally put that idea to bed...

i honestly don't think they can sit down and write together...especially after the 'small dick" comments and how they still sting....these shows will probably wipe them out physically and mentally...and the backlash over the ticket prices and attendence...plus the fact that Mick has read that article...and saw where Keith sorta made fun of his 'apology'...

Keith is an idiot sometimes...saying a bunch of dumb crap that only hurts the band...but then again...they are 70 years old...and they were sick of each other a long time ago..

sad though...but if the only choice was another half Mick/half Keith LP it wouldn't be worth a damn anyway...

I dont agree on anything you say, - i honestly can see them writing together, why not, thepersonal probleams dont have anything to with professional job, I'm sure Keith can write music and give it to Mick - what would stop Mick from writing lyrics on Keith's melody and riffs, nothing.

Specially as the worst thing they ever said to each other is childish'small dick" comments - that only 12 year old child could be upset about. No real grown up man is gonna carry hard feelings over something silly as that. I would make fun if someone would cry over something as silly as that.

Half Mick/half Keith album would be great - Mick just wrote one of the best Rolling Stones songs in decades with Doom And Gloom. Lets not forget that these guys are still creative, -Keith just recorded one of the best Tom Waits albums ever.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 10, 2013 22:14

seitan
cowboytoast

I dont agree on anything you say, - i honestly can see them writing together, why not, thepersonal probleams dont have anything to with professional job, I'm sure Keith can write music and give it to Mick - what would stop Mick from writing lyrics on Keith's melody and riffs, nothing.

Specially as the worst thing they ever said to each other is childish'small dick" comments - that only 12 year old child could be upset about. No real grown up man is gonna carry hard feelings over something silly as that. I would make fun if someone would cry over something as silly as that.

Half Mick/half Keith album would be great - Mick just wrote one of the best Rolling Stones songs in decades with Doom And Gloom. Lets not forget that these guys are still creative, -Keith just recorded one of the best Tom Waits albums ever.

No, the OP is right. The point of the article is that they have a truce to do the tour but they can barely stand being in the same room. They have not written together in decades, why on earth would you think they would do so now, at the end of their career?

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 22:22

not sure whats really going on behind the scenes regarding mick and keith but they must be on ok terms otherwise they wouldnt be doing the current tour.

love to see them do another album or 2, and theres no pressure to do long world tour gigs like they used to.

Date: May 10, 2013 22:33

Rokyfan
seitan
cowboytoast

No, the OP is right. The point of the article is that they have a truce to do the tour but they can barely stand being in the same room. They have not written together in decades, why on earth would you think they would do so now, at the end of their career?

How is that different from Emotional Recue, Voodoo Lounge, Dirty work - they hated each other back then and still made records, They werent in same room when they recorded Bridges To babylon either..that was half Keith/half Mick album - so how is this different now, it's not - and some stupid childish small dick joke is not gonna change that, - Come on, it didnt stop them from going on tour either...

Are you people trying to tell me, that Stones will stop million dollar biz, cause due to a sense of humour issues..hahah ...it's million dollar biz, huge brand that makes a load of money, but they dont want it anymore, cause Keith told small penis joke. - HAHAHAH do you really believe that ? This is so funny.
Are you really trying to tell me that they refuse to take millions of dollars of money, cause Mick didnt like Keith's penis joke. Will I get kicked out of IORR if I say that everybody here has a small dick...or are they gonna close down this forum if we talk about small dicks, hahah. So silly - come on - these are grown men with family and kids, but they cant take penis jokes, heheh. How macho...

Imagine somebody writing a rolling stones book or article with a headline/ title:
Penis joke destroyed the rolling stones, it had lasted over a 50 years but questions about small penis was too much !! - it was a penis joke that destroyd the million dollar corporation What's next - Bill Gates is gonna retire and start crying if one of his employees tells a bad joke at the office, - Did the Pope just quit after hearing a bad penis joke ? He couldnt take that either..

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 23:02 by seitan.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 10, 2013 23:10

No, its not the penis joke, that was the tip of the iceberg. they do not work together anymore. They haven't in ages. If Mick shoots Keith a semblance of a kind look onstange it's news here, with the photo printed to show "look, he doesn't really hate his guts." The LP's you cite demonstrate the difference between those thrown together paste jobs and the stuff they produced when they actually worked together. But they don't have to do even that anymore and they won't. And you seem more hung up on the small penis thing than anyone else. It's much bigger than that (pun intended). Wasn't it crystal clear from that article that they are holding their tempers for the sake of the big paycheck? And you think Keith admitting in print that he lied when he apologized to Mick just to get him back on the road helps?

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 10, 2013 23:27

Rokyfan
No, its not the penis joke, that was the tip of the iceberg. they do not work together anymore. They haven't in ages. If Mick shoots Keith a semblance of a kind look onstange it's news here, with the photo printed to show "look, he doesn't really hate his guts." The LP's you cite demonstrate the difference between those thrown together paste jobs and the stuff they produced when they actually worked together. But they don't have to do even that anymore and they won't. And you seem more hung up on the small penis thing than anyone else. It's much bigger than that (pun intended). Wasn't it crystal clear from that article that they are holding their tempers for the sake of the big paycheck? And you think Keith admitting in print that he lied when he apologized to Mick just to get him back on the road helps?

it is impossible not to ask - what's wrong with him? what his focking problem?
revolting man,pooh!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 10, 2013 23:33

Yeah that really takes the cake but he already said it in a RS article last year (I'd apologize to God) actually that new article is a complete rehash of that one, except Mick had mentioned he wanted to record a new article last year ...I think they might get down to business of a new album in the fall...if they get a "good offer".

I don't think the Stones should necessarily try to pull an album together
Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: May 10, 2013 22:17

Instead within the next week they should try to record 2-3 of their very best ideas - if they have any - ala Muscle Shoals cut them in a day or two rough and ready in the studio and then debut them and release them live and on radio, YouTube whatever...that would be enough if they have any gas left in the creative tank.

Re: I don't think the Stones should necessarily try to pull an album together
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 22:18

I think they should do a covers album. They are playing Great.

Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: May 10, 2013 22:35

I am not a huge fan of covers album at all I would like something original but if the did go that route I would hope it was inspired.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: May 11, 2013 00:19

I'll have nothing and be happy

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 11, 2013 01:18

As Mick Jagger has stated repeatedly in recent months, he and Keith have a strong working relationship--it doesn't imply that they have a strong writing relationship.

Mick isn't about to spend any more time than is necessary with Keith, especially not on the futile effort in taking months working at close quarters on disposable product like a new album.

Look at ABB--they're most recent album, no longer a part of their live performance. Mick has recently bemoaned--and accepted--the fact that the audience is no longer interested in new Stones material.

These days, they work together, but they create separately. There may be Jagger, Richards, and Wood solo albums, but no more new Stones--it would be like working for free, a product with no payday.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 11, 2013 01:23

No need to write a new album
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 11, 2013 01:29

I'd like to see them do something similar like Johnny Cash did at the end of his life/career with his American Recordings. Completely stripped down, raw, originals and covers. I think they could make it work

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 11, 2013 01:30

stonehearted
As Mick Jagger has stated repeatedly in recent months, he and Keith have a strong working relationship--it doesn't imply that they have a strong writing relationship.

Mick isn't about to spend any more time than is necessary with Keith, especially not on the futile effort in taking months working at close quarters on disposable product like a new album.

Look at ABB--they're most recent album, no longer a part of their live performance. Mick has recently bemoaned--and accepted--the fact that the audience is no longer interested in new Stones material.

These days, they work together, but they create separately. There may be Jagger, Richards, and Wood solo albums, but no more new Stones--it would be like working for free, a product with no payday.

mick hates keith, which is fine with keith, cos he hates mick.

Date: May 11, 2013 01:32

GRNRBITW
stonehearted

mick hates keith, which is fine with keith, cos he hates mick.

And as the Davies brothers noted, Hatred is the only thing that keeps them together.

Date: May 11, 2013 01:35

Marhsall
I'd like to see them do something similar like Johnny Cash did at the end of his life/career with his American Recordings. Completely stripped down, raw, originals and covers. I think they could make it work

I don't know. I think I'd rather see GRRR! Part 2 before I see The Stones covering Nine Inch Nails.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 11, 2013 01:35

Oh sure, mention a song from the last Kinks studio album...

Date: May 11, 2013 01:36

I dont see any probleam in writing new album, nothing stops Mick or Keith from writing songs on their own - nothing stops Mick from writing lyrics to Keith's melodys and riffs, any personal probleams between those two should never matter, they should rise above their petty, childish fights and insults, get over and stop crying, move on and write new stuff..

They have written good songs in the past during diffucult times...even Dirty Work has it's moments, well not really..but after Doom And Gloom - I dont see any probleams.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 11, 2013 01:39

It's been pointed out before that the current contract, while mentioning new material, did not mention new studio albums. Finishing up outtakes and throwing together two new GRRReat songs is likely all we'll get.

Date: May 11, 2013 01:43

Rocky Dijon
It's been pointed out before that the current contract, while mentioning new material, did not mention new studio albums. Finishing up outtakes and throwing together two new GRRReat songs is likely all we'll get.

and it's all we deserve. just look at us.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 11, 2013 01:44

If they can simply write good new songs... and they feel up to it enough to work together for nothing more than the joy of creating... I say let them. Mick says that people don't care about new songs. I think a lot of us would agree... we would if they were good new songs.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: May 11, 2013 01:45

Rocky Dijon
Oh sure, mention a song from the last Kinks studio album...

The last Kinks studio album was actually To The Bone. The live tracks were recorded in Konk Studios, and there were 2 extra (non-live) studio tracks as well.

By the way, did you know that Ray broke up The Kinks because of his brother's outlandish autobio Kink? Never underestimate the destructive element a musician's memoir can have on the band in which he plays.

So it's amazing that The Stones regrouped post-Life. Were it not for the incentive of a lucrative tour that they didn't have to bother recording a new album to go out in support of, they might not have....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-13 00:02 by stonehearted.

Date: May 11, 2013 01:52

jamesfdouglas
If they can simply write good new songs... and they feel up to it enough to work together for nothing more than the joy of creating... I say let them. Mick says that people don't care about new songs. I think a lot of us would agree... we would if they were good new songs.

one of them vicious circles

Date: May 11, 2013 02:43

bigbitch
Instead within the next week they should try to record 2-3 of their very best ideas - if they have any - ala Muscle Shoals cut them in a day or two rough and ready in the studio and then debut them and release them live and on radio, YouTube whatever...that would be enough if they have any gas left in the creative tank.

A new album is an absolute must and would be the perfect ending. Maybe even two new albums over the next three or four years?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home