Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - The Artie Lange Show Musical Guests
Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: May 9, 2013 19:01

At the start reminds me of Can't You Hear Me Knocking. Anyone else think so? Just found out about this group last night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 21:33 by JohnnyBGoode.

Re: OT - Blue Mother Tupelo
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:21

Don't hear the connection to the Stones, but I do hear N'Awlins funk and r&b in the first clip. Reminds me of Allen Toussaint's "Yes, We Can Can", his version and the Pointer Sister's version, along with some Neville Brothers grooves bouncing around. The second clip takes me back to the Southern, r&b and gospel flavored music of Delaney and Bonney's first albums, along with early Bonnie Raitt. Regardless of the influences I hear, these folks are damn good and go to show you don't need a huge stage and animations, back-up singers and a reputation to coast on, to make real music. And what I just said isn't a direct reference to you know who, but many others out there living off of folks nostalgia for days long passed. I do know I will look for the album Artie Lange mentioned these folks put out. I am interested to hear what else they have to offer.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 9, 2013 22:38

How cool to find a post on my favorite Stones Board that's referencing some friends of mine! Ricky & Micol are great people & put on a hell of a show without needing "a show" to do it. Warning: if they are playing a location without a curfew, be preparred to loose some sleep! I've seen them at a couple of clubs here in town where they've literally played until they couldn't stand up. That may have had a bit to do with the hometown location, but, knowing Ricky & Micol, they could bring it out any time the mood hits them.

If I'm not mistaken, they have relocated to Nashville, TN as of a couple of years ago after having been based in Knoxville, TN which is where I knew them. Back in the late 90's we were playing the same blues circuit and, though I'm not 100% sure, I think I either sat in with them or subbed for their bass player back when they still had a full band (which it looks like they may have again based on the clips above). I know we were all participating at the same open mic/blues jams.

As I said before, really cool to see a thread dedicated to them here at IORR. Thanks for posting JohnnyBGoode!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 9, 2013 23:38

The Artie Lange Show has had some awesome music on lately. The Jamie Mclean Band was on there and right after watching them I downloaded their discography. The live album cooks.

I also just downloaded everything Blue Mother Tupelo from iTunes. Awesome, Just awesome.

Date: May 9, 2013 23:42

mr_dja
How cool to find a post on my favorite Stones Board that's referencing some friends of mine! Ricky & Micol are great people & put on a hell of a show without needing "a show" to do it. Warning: if they are playing a location without a curfew, be preparred to loose some sleep! I've seen them at a couple of clubs here in town where they've literally played until they couldn't stand up. That may have had a bit to do with the hometown location, but, knowing Ricky & Micol, they could bring it out any time the mood hits them.

If I'm not mistaken, they have relocated to Nashville, TN as of a couple of years ago after having been based in Knoxville, TN which is where I knew them. Back in the late 90's we were playing the same blues circuit and, though I'm not 100% sure, I think I either sat in with them or subbed for their bass player back when they still had a full band (which it looks like they may have again based on the clips above). I know we were all participating at the same open mic/blues jams.

As I said before, really cool to see a thread dedicated to them here at IORR. Thanks for posting JohnnyBGoode!

Peace,
Mr DJA

When they come around Charlotte I will be going! I noticed they are working on a new album through the pledgemusic website. Will be donating to that!

[www.pledgemusic.com]

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:57

Great act. Great people.

Re: OT - The Artie Lange Show Musical Guests
Date: May 11, 2013 21:33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home