Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
If You Could Write The Future Of The Rolling Stones
Date: May 5, 2013 18:20

Beginning with right after this tour.

The Rolling Stones are simply the greatest live band in the history of rock 'n roll. They have written some of the greatest songs in rock history. They also have the greatest front man of all time. They really have nothing left to prove as a live act. The only thing left to conquer is the Beatles! Time to rip the title of "Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band Of All Time" from their grasp! Here is how it can be done.

#1. Record new album in early 2014.
#2. Do a strictly club and theater tour during the late spring and into the summer of 2014 featuring said album.
#3. Do a live show featuring the Exile and Some Girls bonus tracks only.
#4. Do one PPV arena show with a mix of the classics and new songs.
#5. Beginning in 2015 do club and theater shows featuring greatest albums.
#6. Do one final PPV stadium event in late summer of 2015 and call it a career. Or, keep going recording new music at the beginning of each new year featuring it in clubs and theaters.

So how would you write their future?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 18:33 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Re: If You Could Write The Future Of The Rolling Stones
Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: May 5, 2013 18:33

I'm afraid Hyde Park 13th july will be the last live act by the Stones.
Then, later an album à la Tattoo you.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 5, 2013 18:51

JumpinJackOLantern

The Rolling Stones are simply the greatest live band in the history of rock 'n roll. They have written some of the greatest songs in rock history. They also have the greatest front man of all time. They really have nothing left to prove as a live act. The only thing left to conquer is the Beatles! Time to rip the title of "Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band Of All Time" from their grasp! Here is how it can be done.

#2. Do a strictly club and theater tour during the late spring and into the summer of 2014 featuring said album.
#6. Do one final PPV stadium event in late summer of 2015 and call it a career. Or, keep going recording new music at the beginning of each new year featuring it in clubs and theaters.

MightyRollingstonescrow... is that you?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 18:52

1)A new album in 2014 "Back to the roots";
2)A "Stripped N°2"
3)A theater and club shows, with some shows in enchanting place as Verona Arena or Slovenia anphiteathre in 2014
4)A final PPV Stadium show in 2015
5)Open the Vaults, especially about 1962-1969 era...ABKCO let's go!!!
6)New music, new music, new music, new music...It's 8 years from "ABB", stop with compilations please!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 5, 2013 18:56

I would like to see them dissolve and leave the legacy. I am extremely interested in Keith's solo outings. Mick wants to go do his stuff too. Ron has a lot of music were not hearing because of the ghost ship...

This is all out of love...

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:03

Unless you write about a time machine or fountain of youth, you would be too late to write their future. The last chapter is being written right now, and it has been a hell of a fun story with the best of soundtracks.

Date: May 5, 2013 19:08

1. Do a late fall 2013 mini arena tour Miami, Atlanta, D.C. and three shows at MSG in December.

2. Early 2014: Work on new album.

3. March/ April 2014: Non U.S. 20 show tour. Could be anywhere else in the world...

4, Summer 2014: Release new album.

5. August/September 2014: 10 show U.S. outdoor stadium tour.

6. Nov/Dec 2014: UK and USA Small theater/club show tour.

7. New Years eve show at MSG.

2015 and beyond: Play it by ear...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 19:13 by its good to be anywhere.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: May 5, 2013 19:46

doubledoor
Unless you write about a time machine or fountain of youth, you would be too late to write their future. The last chapter is being written right now, and it has been a hell of a fun story with the best of soundtracks.
thumbs up

Date: May 5, 2013 20:06

jamesfdouglas
JumpinJackOLantern

MightyRollingstonescrow... is that you?

James, if you could write the script for the Stones in 2014 and 2015 what would you like to see from them? What could they do over the next two years that could enhance their legacy?

Date: May 5, 2013 20:07

marclaff
I'm afraid Hyde Park 13th july will be the last live act by the Stones.
Then, later an album à la Tattoo you.

I could live with that.

Date: May 5, 2013 20:09

mailexile67
1)A new album in 2014 "Back to the roots";
2)A "Stripped N°2"
3)A theater and club shows, with some shows in enchanting place as Verona Arena or Slovenia anphiteathre in 2014
4)A final PPV Stadium show in 2015
5)Open the Vaults, especially about 1962-1969 era...ABKCO let's go!!!
6)New music, new music, new music, new music...It's 8 years from "ABB", stop with compilations please!!

thumbs upthumbs up

Date: May 5, 2013 20:14

Munichhilton
I would like to see them dissolve and leave the legacy. I am extremely interested in Keith's solo outings. Mick wants to go do his stuff too. Ron has a lot of music were not hearing because of the ghost ship...

So you are satisfied with their legacy, as it stands today? If they quit after this tour how do you think they will be viewed by rock historians in about ten years?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:14

2013: 50 & Counting.....

2023: 60 & Kicking Ass

Date: May 5, 2013 20:15

doubledoor

So this is the end? No new album? No future club and theater tours?

Date: May 5, 2013 20:15

its good to be anywhere
1. Do a late fall 2013 mini arena tour Miami, Atlanta, D.C. and three shows at MSG in December.

2. Early 2014: Work on new album.

3. March/ April 2014: Non U.S. 20 show tour. Could be anywhere else in the world...

4, Summer 2014: Release new album.

5. August/September 2014: 10 show U.S. outdoor stadium tour.

6. Nov/Dec 2014: UK and USA Small theater/club show tour.

7. New Years eve show at MSG.

2015 and beyond: Play it by ear...

I can dig it. thumbs upthumbs up

Date: May 5, 2013 20:17

uhbuhgullayew
2013: 50 & Counting.....

2023: 60 & Kicking Ass

That's the spirit! smileys with beer

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:26

Jumpingjack - If the Stones dissolve after 50 and counting their legacy is that they are at the top of their game as a live act and that after the Beatles they are the best band of all-time. Record new music or not they are not going to surpass the Beatles with any music critics or anything like that. I can live with where the legacy is right now and I am sure that the Rolling Stones can too!

Date: May 5, 2013 20:28

JumpinJackOLantern
Munichhilton

So you are satisfied with their legacy, as it stands today? If they quit after this tour how do you think they will be viewed by rock historians in about ten years?

I think they will be viewed with great respect and awe. I think most people will disregard most of post-1999 and simply think of the iconic images that easily come to mind... I guess they will be Rock n Roll's Brett Favre.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:28

JumpinJackOLantern

If they quit after this tour how do you think they will be viewed by rock historians in about ten years?

It'll be viewed in the same fashion as a painter's or a film-maker.
Take Hitchcock : his best films are still remembered enjoyed and written about while the rotten last part of his career (say after 1972's "Frenzy") is overlooked/forgotten.

I bet the same will happen to the Stones : keeping doing shows does not taint an outstanding career at all. Otoh 600$ tix does, Mick! (just kidding) >grinning smiley<

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:29

I am wondering if they are finished with the whole concept of "World Tour".
I kind of got that watching interviews with Mick prior to this 2013 tour.
I saw the BBC one from late last year. Given their ages, I would think that might be true. But I don't see them making a huge announcement about anything in that regard.
Maybe a new album. Another smaller tour at some point. Next year? I think not.
They may have other undisclosed plans.
I think any live concerts will be smaller tours. Smaller than the present one, I mean.

One other thing. JumpinJackOLantern. This bit: "The only thing left to conquer is The Beatles." What is that? I have always felt the title "the Greatest Rock and Roll band of All Time" belongs to the Rolling Stones and no other band.
The Beatles were the Greatest Band of all time. They were/are a phenomenon.
This does not take away anything that the Rolling Stones have achieved at all.
If you ask Mick or Keith about the Beatles, what do they say? Basically that the Beatles were IT. The pinnacle. I just feel that The Rolling Stones have nothing to prove to anybody. They have outlasted everyone and their legacy is timeless to be sure. Their music is pure and brilliant.

Date: May 5, 2013 20:32

dcba
JumpinJackOLantern

If they quit after this tour how do you think they will be viewed by rock historians in about ten years?

It'll be viewed in the same fashion as a painter's or a film-maker.
Take Hitchcock : his best films are still remembered enjoyed and written about while the rotten last part of his career (say after 1972's "Frenzy") is overlooked/forgotten.

I bet the same will happen to the Stones : keeping doing shows does not taint an outstanding career at all. Otoh 600$ tix does, Mick! (just kidding) >grinning smiley<

Fantastically put.

So are they Old Favre or Old Hitchcock?
Or Old Spice?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:37

Windyhorses - Perfectly stated.

Also how do you conquer a band that broke up 43 years ago? You can't some Stones fans can not live with the fact that the Beatles were bigger than the Stones or anyone else for that matter. Live with it. I don;t think Mick and Keith care one damn bit.

Date: May 5, 2013 20:42

slew

Also how do you conquer a band that broke up 43 years ago? You can't some Stones fans can not live with the fact that the Beatles were bigger than the Stones or anyone else for that matter. Live with it. I don;t think Mick and Keith care one damn bit.

Neither did Elvis...Historians know the truth...its only emotionally compromised fans that are confused...

Date: May 5, 2013 20:44

slew
Jumpingjack - If the Stones dissolve after 50 and counting their legacy is that they are at the top of their game as a live act and that after the Beatles they are the best band of all-time. Record new music or not they are not going to surpass the Beatles with any music critics or anything like that. I can live with where the legacy is right now and I am sure that the Rolling Stones can too!

I agree. IF they shut things down right after 50 and Counting and record no new great music then I am afraid they will always be slightly in the Beatles shadow. However, I firmly believe that if they continue on and become "artists" again and roll for at least a couple more years or longer then I think they will ultimately get the nod over the Beatles.

Date: May 5, 2013 20:50

JumpinJackOLantern
slew

I agree. IF they shut things down right after 50 and Counting and record no new great music then I am afraid they will always be slightly in the Beatles shadow. However, I firmly believe that if they continue on and become "artists" again and roll for at least a couple more years or longer then I think they will ultimately get the nod over the Beatles.

Are you saying you're emotionally compromised?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:56

2014 - Using the profits from their tour the Stones recruit a mercenary army from various Stones forums.

2015 - Stones Army invades Cuba, setting up a base and air strips

Late 2015 - South America, Mexico and portions of the U.S. under Rolling Stones control, martial law and curfews enforced.

2016 - All of the Americas conquered, Jagger declares himself "Emperor of South/North Meximericanada", Miss You adopted as national anthem.

2017 - Using an army of Taylor clones as cannon fodder, China is conquered.

2019 - Secretary Of War Keith Richards attempts a coup to overthrow Jagger, beginning of the 5 year "Glimmer War".

2021 - Woody (allied with the Republic of Keith) pilots an experimental bomber call sign "Claudine" over London and drops the first antimatter bomb. Jagger bombs Keith's house in Connecticut in retaliation.

2024 - Treaty of The Memory Motel is signed, hostilities are put on hold.

2025 - The sons of Beatles join the fight and destroy both sides and we all hold hands singing "All You Need Is Love".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 20:59 by NoCode0680.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 20:59

A good new studio album "Back to the roots" should be very important to close the circle in the perfect way!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:05

WindyHorses
I am wondering if they are finished with the whole concept of "World Tour".
I kind of got that watching interviews with Mick prior to this 2013 tour.
I saw the BBC one from late last year. Given their ages, I would think that might be true. But I don't see them making a huge announcement about anything in that regard.
Maybe a new album. Another smaller tour at some point. Next year? I think not.
They may have other undisclosed plans.
I think any live concerts will be smaller tours. Smaller than the present one, I mean.

One other thing. JumpinJackOLantern. This bit: "The only thing left to conquer is The Beatles." What is that? I have always felt the title "the Greatest Rock and Roll band of All Time" belongs to the Rolling Stones and no other band.
The Beatles were the Greatest Band of all time. They were/are a phenomenon.
This does not take away anything that the Rolling Stones have achieved at all.
If you ask Mick or Keith about the Beatles, what do they say? Basically that the Beatles were IT. The pinnacle. I just feel that The Rolling Stones have nothing to prove to anybody. They have outlasted everyone and their legacy is timeless to be sure. Their music is pure and brilliant.

"people think I'm . . . . cray - - zee"

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:06

drbryant

"people think I'm . . . . cray - - zee"

I'm not sure what's crazier, having the cord plugged into your ear, or still having a phone with a cord.

Date: May 5, 2013 21:09

slew

The Beatles will probably always be more popular (bigger) than the Stones but I am not talking about a popularity contest. I am talking about a panel of rock historians sitting down some day and deciding who the actual greatest rock 'n roll band of all time truly was/is. Popularity would only be part of the criteria.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home