Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

sick of complaints
Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: May 10, 2013 01:47

is it me, or is anyone else sick of complaints on this board, its getting absurd. can we have a thread just for complaints and everyone who wants can just go there and yell and scream and do what they want. from ticket prices, to lineups, to song selections to number of songs there playing(yes, that's actually a thread right now that they only played 22 not 23 last night. unreal.

if your so sick of it, go start your own band, play for fifty years, have an unending legacy, then do things your way

Re: sick of complaints
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 10, 2013 01:49

i'd like a few more complaints. not many more, though. we're almost at my comfort level.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:03

Yes, it is a bummer. I was really excited about the Oakland show and looked forward to being part of a community of Stones lovers to talk about how great the show was, all the little things that happened and didn't, and instead the only threads that were happening were complaints about the setlist, Keith getting old, Mick Taylor only getting one song, etc.

I'm glad to see the response to San Jose though, people seem to be getting more into it, and the band keeps getting better.

Date: May 10, 2013 02:10

sonomastone
Yes, it is a bummer. I was really excited about the Oakland show and looked forward to being part of a community of Stones lovers to talk about how great the show was, all the little things that happened and didn't, and instead the only threads that were happening were complaints about the setlist, Keith getting old, Mick Taylor only getting one song, etc.

I'm glad to see the response to San Jose though, people seem to be getting more into it, and the band keeps getting better.

keith was even older at san jose and taylor only got two songs.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:15

If this board was just going to reflect a perennially positive attitude about all things Rolling Stones, it'd be nothing more than an internet circle jerk site. If this board allows anyone to post, then by default people here should expect complaints. Opposing viewpoints are what make things interesting, not shouting someone down because some people think this band can do no wrong. There are some here who think if the Stones released an album where they farted 12 new songs, we should be thankful. Not gonna happen.

This tour has had the potential to be fraught with problems. It's undeniable they horribly miscalculated on ticket prices. Long, long time fans aren't going because they can't afford it. The Stones Machine seems to realize this by reducing prices last minute, thereby angering more than a few people who sucked it up and paid full price when they were first released. Ticket prices have been a fiasco.

Set lists. Set lists with the Stones the last several tours have always been a point of contention, from who actually writes them to how many songs are on it. They started out with 23 songs, setting the bar for this tour, and by the third show, have already cut it to 22. History tells us they never add songs. They might not do a song from one night to the next, but once they reduce the total, there's no adding more again. Is this a function of their age? Curfew? Who knows? But when prices are as high as they've been, and the set lists really aren't appreciably different from the last tour or the tour before that, people have a right to grumble. There's nothing new or exciting about the actual songs they play. That fact, incidentally, besides the high prices, is also keeping people away. Many people already saw this show six, seven years ago.

Mick Taylor. Yeah, he'd add a lot to the music mix. Someone said he fattens the sound, and indeed he does. When he's onstage he's by far the best player. Maybe last night's second song playing on Satisfaction is a portent of things to come. That he's under-utilized is all on whoever makes that call. *cough* Jagger.

Their age. Wood seems fine. Jagger actually seems ok, except more wrinkled, if that were possible. Richards already is his usual shaky self. Is that age or just Keith? A few more shows should tell. But Charlie, Charlie, Charlie. Overall, he's the same old Watts so far, but from everything I've seen, maybe the mind is willing but the body is just getting a step behind. He's notorious for not wanting to do the last couple of tours, and you have to wonder if this tour isn't a bit more than he wanted to handle. Let's face it, he's 72 years old. NOBODY can do what they did at 22, 32, 42, etc . when they're 72, no matter what it is. If this band calls it quits, it's going to be because eof Richards or Watts.

And she's not a Stone, but my goodness, lay off the desserts Aretha Fischer. She sounds great, which is all that counts, but it wasn't that long ago she was a steaming, full bore sex machine. I know, horrible, but still. ... stay healthy Lisa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 02:17 by Long John Stoner.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:15

I'm not sick of complaints I'm only sick of complaints that are not posted in complaints threads.....because I don't read all the complaints threads....

So people if you have complaints don't post them on the regular threads

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 02:18 by NICOS.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:16

GRNRBITW
sonomastone

I take it you were at San Jose ?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:21

Long John Stoner
Set lists. Set lists with the Stones the last several tours have always been a point of contention, from who actually writes them to how many songs are on it.

Especially with who actually writes them......

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:23

Is this where we're meeting tonight?
I'll grab a chair and a beer...

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:33

I'd like to complain about Grin-biter. he's a menace

Date: May 10, 2013 02:34

Tonstone
GRNRBITW
sonomastone

how do you take that?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:34

ozziestone
I'd like to complain about Grin-biter. he's a menace

Now you're just egging him on...

Date: May 10, 2013 02:37

GRNRBITW
Tonstone
GRNRBITW
sonomastone

how do you take that?

You tell me ? where you there or not ?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:39

Just use the ignore button.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 10, 2013 02:55

I'm sick of people complaining about complaints. Ruins it for us complainers.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 10, 2013 03:06

Ya know, I have noticed that Mick and the guys are trying so hard to please.
They introduced the $85 seats and added more later.
They have now have MJ on one other song.
They listen to all the requests for special song requests and they played one at San Jose.
I think they are terribly sweet and thoughtful.

Date: May 10, 2013 03:09

Tonstone
GRNRBITW
Tonstone
GRNRBITW
sonomastone

how do you take that?

I NOT BE GRILLED LIKE A COMMON CRIMINAL!

Date: May 10, 2013 03:10

WindyHorses
Ya know, I have noticed that Mick and the guys are trying so hard to please.
They introduced the $85 seats and added more later.
They have now have MJ on one other song.
They listen to all the requests for special song requests and they played one at San Jose.
I think they are terribly sweet and thoughtful.
Awh Windy - you make a grown Man Cry.I would buy a ticket from you.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:42

NICOS
I'm not sick of complaints I'm only sick of complaints that are not posted in complaints threads.....because I don't read all the complaints threads....

So people if you have complaints don't post them on the regular threads

And another thing, if that frisbee comes over here one more time I'm keeping it!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:48

We also need a thread for all the "I'm sick of complaints/whiners/negativity" threads.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 10, 2013 04:53

I've been protesting since I was born.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: May 10, 2013 05:13

Long John Stoner
If this board was just going to reflect a perennially positive attitude about all things Rolling Stones, it'd be nothing more than an internet circle jerk site. If this board allows anyone to post, then by default people here should expect complaints. Opposing viewpoints are what make things interesting, not shouting someone down because some people think this band can do no wrong. There are some here who think if the Stones released an album where they farted 12 new songs, we should be thankful. Not gonna happen.

This tour has had the potential to be fraught with problems. It's undeniable they horribly miscalculated on ticket prices. Long, long time fans aren't going because they can't afford it. The Stones Machine seems to realize this by reducing prices last minute, thereby angering more than a few people who sucked it up and paid full price when they were first released. Ticket prices have been a fiasco.

Set lists. Set lists with the Stones the last several tours have always been a point of contention, from who actually writes them to how many songs are on it. They started out with 23 songs, setting the bar for this tour, and by the third show, have already cut it to 22. History tells us they never add songs. They might not do a song from one night to the next, but once they reduce the total, there's no adding more again. Is this a function of their age? Curfew? Who knows? But when prices are as high as they've been, and the set lists really aren't appreciably different from the last tour or the tour before that, people have a right to grumble. There's nothing new or exciting about the actual songs they play. That fact, incidentally, besides the high prices, is also keeping people away. Many people already saw this show six, seven years ago.

Mick Taylor. Yeah, he'd add a lot to the music mix. Someone said he fattens the sound, and indeed he does. When he's onstage he's by far the best player. Maybe last night's second song playing on Satisfaction is a portent of things to come. That he's under-utilized is all on whoever makes that call. *cough* Jagger.

Their age. Wood seems fine. Jagger actually seems ok, except more wrinkled, if that were possible. Richards already is his usual shaky self. Is that age or just Keith? A few more shows should tell. But Charlie, Charlie, Charlie. Overall, he's the same old Watts so far, but from everything I've seen, maybe the mind is willing but the body is just getting a step behind. He's notorious for not wanting to do the last couple of tours, and you have to wonder if this tour isn't a bit more than he wanted to handle. Let's face it, he's 72 years old. NOBODY can do what they did at 22, 32, 42, etc . when they're 72, no matter what it is. If this band calls it quits, it's going to be because eof Richards or Watts.

And she's not a Stone, but my goodness, lay off the desserts Aretha Fischer. She sounds great, which is all that counts, but it wasn't that long ago she was a steaming, full bore sex machine. I know, horrible, but still. ... stay healthy Lisa.

Some good insights and comments, Long John. As you mentioned, OF COURSE, they cannot possibly sound, look, or perform like they did "back in the day". I am often at the same time amused and baffled by those who talk about how they have lost a step, they aren't bringing it like they once did, etc. Frankly, I am astounded that, at their age, they can still perform at the level at which they now perform. I am 62, in good health, exercise every day, travel extensively abroad, with lots of 15-hour flights, and yet I am in awe of what MJ is able to do on stage. He is the consummate performer. And, Keith, after so many years of the drugs, alcohol, and generally abusing his body and health, to be able to also perform is pretty amazing. Granted, it is not a pretty sight, nor does it always sound good, but he is out there doing it.

I don't think they can do it again after this tour, other than the occasional appearance, but they are not a group of Peter Pans. I am not quite ready to eulogize them, but the end is coming, and I am thankful to see them out there again. (Biggest mistake of the tour is definitely ticket prices). There is NO setlist that will please everyone, so why not just enjoy the songs you like? Good grief, it is not rocket science.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 10, 2013 09:11

I'm sick of Complans.

Except strawberry obviously.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 10, 2013 09:27

GRNRBITW
Tonstone
GRNRBITW
Tonstone
GRNRBITW
sonomastone

how do you take that?

I NOT BE GRILLED LIKE A COMMON CRIMINAL!

Quite right. You're definitely an uncommon criminal.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 10, 2013 09:31

Yes, please put all toxic matter in proper bio-hazard containers.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 10, 2013 09:38

sick of complaints ????????????

Best not read IORR in that case. Try reading a book, or watching a movie, going for a bicycle ride perhaps ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: May 10, 2013 09:46

my complaint is that after seeing the San Jose show I can't go to Vegas!!!

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: May 10, 2013 10:10

This place is full of "I know best" whiners, always have been. Let 'em troll around.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 10, 2013 10:21

DaveG
Long John Stoner

Some good insights and comments, Long John. As you mentioned, OF COURSE, they cannot possibly sound, look, or perform like they did "back in the day". I am often at the same time amused and baffled by those who talk about how they have lost a step, they aren't bringing it like they once did, etc. Frankly, I am astounded that, at their age, they can still perform at the level at which they now perform. I am 62, in good health, exercise every day, travel extensively abroad, with lots of 15-hour flights, and yet I am in awe of what MJ is able to do on stage. He is the consummate performer. And, Keith, after so many years of the drugs, alcohol, and generally abusing his body and health, to be able to also perform is pretty amazing. Granted, it is not a pretty sight, nor does it always sound good, but he is out there doing it.

I don't think they can do it again after this tour, other than the occasional appearance, but they are not a group of Peter Pans. I am not quite ready to eulogize them, but the end is coming, and I am thankful to see them out there again. (Biggest mistake of the tour is definitely ticket prices). There is NO setlist that will please everyone, so why not just enjoy the songs you like? Good grief, it is not rocket science.

You have to respect their continuing ability to tour. They've got 30 years+ on me but I'm not certain I could keep up with the rigours of touring, even a relatively lightly-paced tour like this one.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 10, 2013 12:29

Murphy's Law #47982

If you start a thread complaining about complaints, it will be full of

COMPLAINTS

(plus the inevitable post claiming that the only alternative to 75% complaints is 100% mindless gushing adoration)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home