Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1963: ..and Along Came Andrew Oldham
Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: April 28, 2013 15:44

April 28 1963.

At tonights Richmond gig in the Station hotel - Andrew Oldham turned up with Eric Easton to see the Rolling Stones. Eric Easton was conspicuous among the crowd of student mods - in his disguise as a school headmaster wearing a grey charcoal suit. Only thing he didn't have was cane under his arm. I doubted at the time he even new what R & B was etc, but he could recognize a ticket buying crowd. Eric and Andrew also didn't dance which also made them look suspicious.

Andrew joined us after the gig at the restaurant on the corner of Richmond bridge - the now regular end to Sunday nights. Was also easy for Stu to park the van there - at the bottom of the very road where Mick Jagger now has Richmond house. Eric disappeared immediately after the gig and I presume back to his home in Acton.

The meal was mostly accompanied by frivolous conversation and Andrew trying to remember who was in the band and what there names were. I guess it must have kinda of looked like everyone in the restaurant was in the band. -)

Somewhere during that meal a proposal must have taken place between Andrew , Mick and Brian about a management deal. All I can say it was not a prolonged issue. After Andrew left we stood by the van - the conversation was "what do you think of the is guy etc?" - "Should we meet up him etc?". There enthusiasm for Andrew gradually grew - I think mainly because he identified age and fashion-wise with band.

A meeting was arranged for the next day. The speed of what took place was all a bit impetuous really and the event not thought out that well. Considering the amount of time spent over the previous few weeks in protracted manager discussions with Giorgio Gomelsky - this was like getting on the first bus that came along and not knowing where it was going.

The ride starts here....

Re: 1963: ..and Along Came Andrew Oldham
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 28, 2013 15:49

smileys with beer

Re: 1963: ..and Along Came Andrew Oldham
Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: April 28, 2013 16:06

This is the sort of history they should teach to kids in school!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home