Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stop, with Love.
Posted by: EG1964 ()
Date: April 27, 2013 12:08

I have read the treads on the prices of tix.... I have to say I get it. However, its the STONES... could you image the price of tix IF BEATLES where still together, it would be the BEATLES.... How much would you pay to see JOHN, PAUL, RINGO GEORGE on Stage NOW?? I know its alot of money, but...its MICK, KEITH, RONNIE, CHARLIE.. and MICK TAYLOR ( I know not all original) this could very well be the end of THAT era... and if so, its well worth it... I live outside Philly... these 2 shows will be my 41st and 42nd show since 81...and IMHO, you cant put a price on this band....it is what it is.. THEY EARNED IT! They toured, they gave,they lost, made a crap load of money but.. they put money into the stages, did free concerts, lived out of hotels and luggage etc... they have given us sooo much.... Hell, I lost my virginity to Wild Horses....I am 48... the musical memories that this band for me has provided is incredible(MY TONGUE TATOO IS ON MY BUTT)..... I really cant afford the prices, but I found a way.... and yes... I paid 600 a ticket(5 all together) for both shows....I didnt want to, but I also didnt want to pass up the real possible last chance to see my hero's...for me, and I can only speak for me... every legend ie: Presley, SINATRA, Streisand... etc.. are worth their due...Streisand got 1,500 a ticket at MSG.... and it sold out.... I think when the boys take the stage next week and the opening cord is struck....OMG!!! Reality with set in... and tickets will fly off the shelf... I cant wait... I am so excited... I cant stand it...I miss them soo much, and now at ages getting to over 70???? Really, THIS COULD BE THE LAST TIME! And for that, from this band, and that ERA... they are the last for the most part,and they are together....Again... IMHO...THEY EARNED IT! Remember, next week it begins... I cant wait to hear the reviews on this board... we all rather not hear MISS YOU or some other horses... but you know what my STONES friends... 10 years from now.... I know I would kill to hear that song.........LIVE. Please ENJOY this band... Love them.... GOD KNOWS OVER 50 YEARS... THEY LOVED US!!! ESPECIALLY PHILLY....lol Peace!

Re: Stop, with Love.
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 27, 2013 12:36

EG1964
I have read the treads on the prices of tix.... I have to say I get it. However, its the STONES... could you image the price of tix IF BEATLES where still together, it would be the BEATLES.... How much would you pay to see JOHN, PAUL, RINGO GEORGE on Stage NOW?? I know its alot of money, but...its MICK, KEITH, RONNIE, CHARLIE.. and MICK TAYLOR ( I know not all original) this could very well be the end of THAT era... and if so, its well worth it... I live outside Philly... these 2 shows will be my 41st and 42nd show since 81...and IMHO, you cant put a price on this band....it is what it is.. THEY EARNED IT! They toured, they gave,they lost, made a crap load of money but.. they put money into the stages, did free concerts, lived out of hotels and luggage etc... they have given us sooo much.... Hell, I lost my virginity to Wild Horses....I am 48... the musical memories that this band for me has provided is incredible(MY TONGUE TATOO IS ON MY BUTT)..... I really cant afford the prices, but I found a way.... and yes... I paid 600 a ticket(5 all together) for both shows....I didnt want to, but I also didnt want to pass up the real possible last chance to see my hero's...for me, and I can only speak for me... every legend ie: Presley, SINATRA, Streisand... etc.. are worth their due...Streisand got 1,500 a ticket at MSG.... and it sold out.... I think when the boys take the stage next week and the opening cord is struck....OMG!!! Reality with set in... and tickets will fly off the shelf... I cant wait... I am so excited... I cant stand it...I miss them soo much, and now at ages getting to over 70???? Really, THIS COULD BE THE LAST TIME! And for that, from this band, and that ERA... they are the last for the most part,and they are together....Again... IMHO...THEY EARNED IT! Remember, next week it begins... I cant wait to hear the reviews on this board... we all rather not hear MISS YOU or some other horses... but you know what my STONES friends... 10 years from now.... I know I would kill to hear that song.........LIVE. Please ENJOY this band... Love them.... GOD KNOWS OVER 50 YEARS... THEY LOVED US!!! ESPECIALLY PHILLY....lol Peace!

mick... is that you....?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 27, 2013 12:42

EG1964
(MY TONGUE TATOO IS ON MY BUTT)

This was the point at which I stopped reading your post.

Date: April 27, 2013 12:43

LMAO.. I wish...just a drunk STONES fan... living... watching the sun getting ready to come up, listening to 100 Years AGO....

Thanks for reading my post, simple.....OHHH what I wouldnt give to see so many I never got to see.....

Date: April 27, 2013 12:49

Tatters- Thats cool, its all good... I have 2 girls 23 and 18... we all have the tongue.....going to shows over the years with some on this board and Stonesdoug crew... the theme was show us your TONGUE...Please dont take that in anyway other than my love for them....I dont need a Tatoo, it just seemed the right thing for me and my girls. is what it is

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 27, 2013 13:09

Interesting question about what the demand would be to see the Beatles today if, like the Stones, they had never broken up, never stopped touring, never stopped recording, and never died. I don't think the demand would be all that great. If their solo albums are any indication, they would have made their last good album sometime around 1974. The demand to see them now might not be any greater than it is to see, for instance, the Beach Boys.

Only Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd could justifiably charge $600 a ticket and expect people to pay it, and that's only because there's now two generations of fans who are too young to have ever seen them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-27 13:12 by tatters.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 27, 2013 13:14

tatters
Interesting question about what the demand would be to see the Beatles today if, like the Stones, they had never broken up, never stopped touring, never stopped recording, and never died. I don't think the demand would be all that great. If their solo albums are any indication, they would have made their last good album around 1974. The demand to see them now might not be any greater than it is to see, for instance, the Beach Boys.

Only Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd could justifiably charge $600 a ticket and expect people to pay it, and that's only because there's now two generations of fans who are too young to have ever seen them.

you gotta admit... the beatles knew when to quit.

Date: April 27, 2013 13:17

Tatters- I think your right, but Zeppelin has been gone for a long time...2007 show was amazing for what it was....Pink Floyd the same thing..looking back on great bands that are no longer here.... The Stones will be there...anyway- love the Beach Boy reference.....saw them 2 years ago... amazing... harmonies, not perfect... but still great.

Date: April 27, 2013 13:23

I think the Beatles would have survived.... and IF carried on...they would have done the same as the Stones.... maybe, maybe not....but hey.... we still have the boys......for one more go around..... Honesty, as much as I want to see them... I really dont think they want to do it.....it something that has to happen...shows will be great, but I dont have that fuzzy fuzzy feeling.... just my opinon...I am excited anyway...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 27, 2013 15:53

I would pay big money to see Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra...not the Beatles. Damn boring music...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 27, 2013 16:16

EG1964

For the 100th time : don't take LSD and post at IORR!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home