Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger to Make Movie About James Brown
Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: April 25, 2013 01:06

Somebody just sent me this. Mick's a big fan of James Brown, so hopefully he will do the movie some justice.

Mick Jagger, along with Brian Grazer, Jagged Film’s Victoria Pearman and Imagine Entertainment’s Erica Huggins, are producing a biopic about musical genius James Brown. Tate Taylor is in negotiations to direct THE UNTITLED JAMES BROWN PROJECT for Imagine Entertainment and Jagged Films based on a screenplay by Jez Butterworth & John-Henry Butterworth.

Taylor most recently directed the Oscar-nominated The Help, which he also wrote and executive produced. The Butterworths’ credits include Fair Game, directed by Doug Liman and which starred Naomi Watts and Sean Penn. Brian Grazer said, “I am thrilled to be celebrating one of the most electric, exciting stage performers of all time.”

Said Brown’s daughter, Deanna Brown Thomas, “My father’s music has been a beacon to people all over the world and now his life story will impact future generations and show WHY he is respected as The Godfather of Soul, Mr. James Brown!”

“I am deeply honoured that Mick Jagger and Brian Grazer, two of my husband James Brown’s favourite people, have entered into a partnership to bring his inspirational story to the big screen,” added Brown’s widow, Tommie Rae Brown.

Logline: The unforgettable story of James Brown – Soul Brother Number One, Mr. Dynamite, The Hardest Working Man in Show Business – A man possessed with unstoppable drive and boundless originality. Across six decades and countless genres (many of which he invented), the story charts a young boy’s incredible rise from extreme poverty and violence to become the most influential black artist in history.

Re: Mick Jagger to Make Movie About James Brown
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: April 25, 2013 08:15

JB almost made the majors as a pitcher. From Augusta GA, home of the masters golf tournament. Be damn demanding acting role.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 25, 2013 14:24

Will it be about how he ripped off his moves?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 25, 2013 14:26

....no more than likely it'll be about how he ripped off his cape ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 25, 2013 15:12

Rockman
....no more than likely it'll be about how he ripped off his cape ....

I thought that was just a nasty rumour!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 25, 2013 15:18

It is entertaing to listen to JB for five minutes, listening to him longer is nerve-wracking.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 25, 2013 16:33

I like the Jungle Groove and Soul On Top albums.

However, I read a recent GQ profile on Brown, and he seemed, albeit angel dust enhanced, certifiable.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 25, 2013 19:02

Seeing this thread reminded me of the movie that Jagger and Scorcese were supposed to make together- The Long Play. It was originally supposed to be a movie but apparently HBO is thinking about doing it as a dramatic series set in 1977.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 25, 2013 21:04

If there is a scene of James Brown at the T.A.M.I. show, and if so, will Mick play himself? But with other actors portraying the rest of The Stones of course....

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 26, 2013 13:56

Will it mention his boyfriend? lol

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 26, 2013 14:12

However, I would rather a movie on James Carr than James Brown.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2013 14:22

... Carr lived a pretty deep..dark shattered life
...Dunno if there's a movie in there but it'd be a damn fine doco ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 26, 2013 15:09

Good retirement project for Mick. This will keep Mick busy. He likes being seen as dynamic and a man of action. Now he'll be occupied with making a movie and if it has success he can rake in a few million. Easier money than what Bill Wyman pulls in.

Date: April 26, 2013 16:14

Should be an intersting movie. Brown had a lot of ups and downs in his life. Did he go to jail? I got to see him on stage once amd he was full of energy and had a great command of the audience. Very experienced musician who knew his stuff. Needs a strong actor who can do him justice.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 27, 2013 04:16

windmelody
It is entertaing to listen to JB for five minutes, listening to him longer is nerve-wracking.

(rolls eyes)

And you're proud of this admission? You can't even finish "The Payback" in 5 minutes!

(Speaking of, THE PAYBACK album is a personal favorite.)

Posted by: chop ()
Date: April 27, 2013 05:45

Can't wait for the scene where he pulls a gun on some guy who used his bathroom

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1332
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home