Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Advises from a humble fan (2013 Tour)
Posted by: star star 1 ()
Date: April 21, 2013 01:42

1.- Don´t be nostalgic. You have never been. You have been always one step ahead. No more sixties or other bands photos. You don´t need them.
2.- Keep on being raw and simple.
3.- No more "miss you", "paint it black", "you got me rocking". You are boring us with these songs. We can stand still "Tumblin' dice", "Only RnR",... but do them in a more challenge way.
4.- Bring back your really truly roots: "Down the road apiece", "You got to move" or some 50' cover version.
5.- Dont forget your "last" material: "One hit", "Ploundered my soul", "Saint of me", "She saw me coming", "Highwire"...
6.- Some of your precious gems: "Time waits for no one", "Trough the lonely nights", "I got the blues" or "Let it loose"...
7.- Keith, you are the boss, don´t let Chuck leads the band, you are the leader and the director of the band. Remenber 1981? I guess you don´t.
8.- Well, no more complaining, thanks you for being there and playing and to make us very happy and exciting, THANK YOU ROLLING STONES¡ (thank you Mick...)

Re: Advises from a humble fan (2013 Tour)
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 21, 2013 02:22

star star 1
1.- Don´t be nostalgic. You have never been. You have been always one step ahead. No more sixties or other bands photos. You don´t need them.
3.- No more "miss you", "paint it black", "you got me rocking". You are boring us with these songs. We can stand still "Tumblin' dice", "Only RnR",... but do them in a more challenge way.
4.- Bring back your really truly roots: "Down the road apiece", "You got to move" or some 50' cover version.
5.- Dont forget your "last" material: "One hit", "Ploundered my soul", "Saint of me", "She saw me coming", "Highwire"...
6.- Some of your precious gems: "Time waits for no one", "Trough the lonely nights", "I got the blues" or "Let it loose"...
7.- Keith, you are the boss, don´t let Chuck leads the band, you are the leader and the director of the band. Remenber 1981? I guess you don´t.
8.- Well, no more complaining, thanks you for being there and playing and to make us very happy and exciting, THANK YOU ROLLING STONES¡ (thank you Mick...)

Where the hell would they be without nostalgia? You think chumps are going to pay $650 a ticket to hear One More Shot? Their last major hit was in Ronald Reagan's first term. Challenging? They can barely stroll through their catalogue. Precious gems? There are people who think 'Melody' is a rarity. The only thing they're looking for at 70 years old is a soft chair. These are the cash laps around the globe, grabbing the last big pay day before settling in for weak tea with grumpy old Bill. If you've never seen them, I'd grab the chance. You won't know what you missed, and you can tell the grandkiddies you saw an approximation of the greatest rock and roll band of all time.

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: April 21, 2013 02:29

24FPS
star star 1

Where the hell would they be without nostalgia? You think chumps are going to pay $650 a ticket to hear One More Shot? Their last major hit was in Ronald Reagan's first term. Challenging? They can barely stroll through their catalogue. Precious gems? There are people who think 'Melody' is a rarity. The only thing they're looking for at 70 years old is a soft chair. These are the cash laps around the globe, grabbing the last big pay day before settling in for weak tea with grumpy old Bill. If you've never seen them, I'd grab the chance. You won't know what you missed, and you can tell the grandkiddies you saw an approximation of the greatest rock and roll band of all time.

Well said 24FPS....thumbs up

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 21, 2013 02:39

You have to know they are playing everything in your #3 (YGMR maybe) and if they play one of any of all the others you mention it will be an absolute shock. I mean, I agree with you, but they have never done this and will not now. It's all hits all the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-21 02:40 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 21, 2013 02:58

They seem to have done fine without all the 'advice' offered.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 21, 2013 03:55

24FPS
you can tell the grandkiddies you saw an approximation of the greatest rock and roll band of all time.

Your grandkiddies will laugh and tell you that whatever band they happen to like that week is the greatest band of all time.

Date: April 21, 2013 08:00

tatters
24FPS
you can tell the grandkiddies you saw an approximation of the greatest rock and roll band of all time.

Your grandkiddies will laugh and tell you that whatever band they happen to like that week is the greatest band of all time.

And then they grow up.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 21, 2013 09:21

Seems nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 21, 2013 14:18

star star 1

as much as i agree with many of the sentiments here, does anyone else find it ironic that of the songs listed as being from their "last" period, one is 27 years old (one hit), another 23 years old (highwire), and a third 17 years old (saint of me)?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 21, 2013 21:56

24FPS
tatters
24FPS

And then they grow up.

And whatever they liked when they were in high school, is what they're going to like when they're in a nursing home. Just. Like. Us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-21 21:56 by tatters.

Date: April 22, 2013 00:09

tatters
24FPS
tatters
24FPS

And then they grow up.

And whatever they liked when they were in high school, is what they're going to like when they're in a nursing home. Just. Like. Us.

I didn't like Sinatra, didn't know who Bix Beiderbecke was, didn't care for any country music (still don't post 1970). My tastes changed greatly after High School. A more accurate statement would be that my tastes expanded after High School.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 22, 2013 00:15

TMONTANA
24FPS
star star 1
5.- Dont forget your "last" material: "One hit","Ploundered my soul", "Saint of me", "She saw me coming", "Highwire"...

Well said 24FPS....thumbs up

smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2066
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home