Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Social D goes Stones?
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 16, 2011 07:45

LeonidP
CrazyDadda
IMO, Mike Ness is the modern day Johnny Cash.

True that!

Good stuffthumbs up

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 22, 2011 23:56

Whole album is incredible

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 23, 2011 00:12

mickscarey
Whole album is incredible

including the bonus tracks!

Can't wait to see them next week!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: January 23, 2011 01:33

Unreal album

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 27, 2011 04:37

Actually their new album is more like Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band meets the Clash, than the Rolling Stones, IMHO

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: January 27, 2011 05:28

BluzDude
Actually their new album is more like Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band meets the Clash, than the Rolling Stones, IMHO

Agreed.

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 27, 2011 05:44

bustedtrousers
BluzDude

Agreed.

I'll third that - - and they sound waaay more Bruce & E Street Bandish than Clashy. (it even sounds like Max Weinberg on the skins).

I liked Social D's stuff a lot more 25-30 years ago. They don't have the fire and attitude that they used too, and this does sound a bit "phoned in".

Date: January 27, 2011 05:47

Keefan
bustedtrousers
BluzDude

Agreed.

I'll third that - - and they sound waaay more Bruce & E Street Bandish than Clashy. (it even sounds like Max Weinberg on the skins).

I liked Social D's stuff a lot more 25-30 years ago. They don't have the fire and attitude that they used too, and this does sound a bit "phoned in".
Well after a while,the punk as fuk stuff gets old and they're not junkies anymore. It's called growing up.

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 27, 2011 05:50

sweetcharmedlife
Keefan
bustedtrousers
BluzDude

Agreed.

Well after a while,the punk as fuk stuff gets old and they're not junkies anymore. It's called growing up.

Well musically their new stuff is quite predictable and 'stock'. It is possible to grow up without g rowing stale, y'know.

Date: January 27, 2011 05:56

To each their own. As far as I'm concerned,their new material is as good as anything else I've heard this year. Admittedly I'm not a long term huge die hard Social D fan. But all I know is that this good material to listen to. Again,to each their own.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home