Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Defending Hyde Park set-up
Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 16, 2013 14:31

Lots of bad press regarding the set-up at hyde park, mostly because of the seating arrangements and prices.

In the pub last week a bloke was complaining about the price of Stones tickets for the gig, turns out he'd only been reading the red tops and got the £300 ticket price, told him that the vast majority of tickets were £95, and thats for three stages, bands all day, festival style arrangment. It's a pretty good deal. Day ticlets for Donnington are around £85 for a single day, with Maiden headlining. not much difference. Sabbath tickets for just a night gig is £65. Isn't Bon Jovi £65 so you know what, for £30 quid more for the whole following day to finish off by seeing the greatest rock band in history is pretty sweet.

Seating arrangment is good with me too. More like in the past, Fans to the front please! see you down there

\m/

Re: Defending Hyde Park set-up
Posted by: CalGonz ()
Date: April 16, 2013 14:35

It's not the arrangement itself that annoyed people it's the fact that expensive tickets were deliberately sold with a misleading description of how the site would be laid out.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 16, 2013 14:51

It's still a lot of money. The Stones are greedy bastards.
Last year Springsteen charged around £60 with a far better support including John Fogerty. And the year before McCartney also charged around that amount and had Crosby Stills and Nash on the bill.

And both of those headliners played a hell of a lot longer than the just about 2 hour show the Stones will put on.

Yes, we love the Stones but let's get thing in perspective here. Times are still very tight for a lot of people.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 16, 2013 15:38

I just love open-air-non-seated-summer-shows.

It's the way I like my rolling stones.

I was afraid all this was gone forever.

Thank god I was wrong!

C

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home