Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Something I found at the record store
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 05:32

I went to the record store today and found a few Stones things. They had quite a bit of stuff, like reprints of the Israeli version of Aftermath, and a bunch of other stuff, but the main thing is this bootleg box set that I saw. They had it locked away (I guess I could have had them take it out but I didn't) so I couldn't really tell what all was included. But it looked like a box set containing 3 book-sized box sets. One of which, and the only one I can find any information on, is "Blues By Blues", it also had a box called "Mick Taylor And The Rolling Stones...And More" or something along those lines. The last one was something to do with Voodoo Lounge, it was the middle box in the three, so I couldn't see anything but the spine. I don't know if it's live stuff, outtakes, or what. The three boxes were all together in a bottom part of a box, like a base, that kept them together. The whole thing was $50, is this reasonable, and of the two boxes that I know are in there, is it worth that? From another thread I gather what "Blues By Blues" contains, but I can find nothing about this Mick Taylor thing. Anybody heard of that, and if you're familiar with this 3 boxset compilation, do you know that the Voodoo Lounge thing is? I'm tempted to buy this thing, but without any knowledge of what it is or the quality, I don't want to drop $50.

Re: Something I found at the record store
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 12, 2013 05:54

Could you tell if it was the WLR set from 2009?
[www.iorr.org]

It might be a mish mash thrown together by the store...either way you could probably resell it for more then $50

Date: April 12, 2013 06:00

Munichhilton
Could you tell if it was the WLR set from 2009?
[www.iorr.org]

It might be a mish mash thrown together by the store...either way you could probably resell it for more then $50

That appears to be the same material, I specifically remember the titles of discs 9 and 10, but this was in a book/wallet style box. It may have been thrown together by the store, but the three boxes were all identical size so that they fit in that box bottom perfectly uniform, so I thought it may have meant to be a set like that.

Date: April 12, 2013 06:13

WLR is not very good, in fact lossy sometimes if I remember...
You may need to suck it up and go back to take a better look

Date: April 13, 2013 00:48

Munichhilton
WLR is not very good, in fact lossy sometimes if I remember...
You may need to suck it up and go back to take a better look

I went back and looked today, all three of the boxes are WLR.

The other box is this one I guess, though it's in different packaging...

I still don't know what the third one was, it's just called "Voodoo".

Date: April 14, 2013 00:28

Its the usual WLR repackaging of other stuff

Top one is here:

[www.stonesvikingrob.com]

Voodoo is here:

[www.iorr.org]

I say get them and sell them during the Stones current uprising!
$50 for all three isn't bad especially if you still need the Voodoo stuff.

Date: April 14, 2013 00:32

Munichhilton

Top one is here:

Voodoo is here:

[www.iorr.org]

Yeah, I might get it. I don't have any of this stuff (I'm not much of a collector or into many bootlegs besides the time tested ones, Brussels, etc) not just the Voodoo stuff.

Date: April 14, 2013 00:34

NoCode0680
Munichhilton

Top one is here:

Voodoo is here:

[www.iorr.org]

Yeah, I might get it. I don't have any of this stuff (I'm not much of a collector or into many bootlegs besides the time tested ones, Brussels, etc) not just the Voodoo stuff.

What is your spirit animal telling you to do....don't ignore your spirit animal...

Date: April 14, 2013 01:38

Munichhilton
What is your spirit animal telling you to do....don't ignore your spirit animal...

I must ignore my spirit animal. Spirit animal makes suggestions that end with me in county jail. He'd probably tell me to steal it, he's not getting any money from it anyway. Unfortunately this little record store keeps their box sets, or anything more than 2-CD's, behind lock and key. They also don't seem to sell too many of them, as they have a box set I traded in 3 years ago still in there, right next to the box set I considered trading it in for 3 years ago. This is why I haven't been in too big of a rush to grab this box. As long as some other Stones fan doesn't catch on, it will probably be there 3 years from now too.

Date: April 14, 2013 01:57

NoCode0680
Munichhilton

I must ignore my spirit animal. Spirit animal makes suggestions that end with me in county jail. He'd probably tell me to steal it, he's not getting any money from it anyway. Unfortunately this little record store keeps their box sets, or anything more than 2-CD's, behind lock and key. They also don't seem to sell too many of them, as they have a box set I traded in 3 years ago still in there, right next to the box set I considered trading it in for 3 years ago. This is why I haven't been in too big of a rush to grab this box. As long as some other Stones fan doesn't catch on, it will probably be there 3 years from now too.

I understand. My spirit animal is a turkey vulture...I don't bring it up at parties much...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1230
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home