Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Best Stones Video (For A Song/Single)
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 10, 2011 01:03

For some reason I've always loved Neighbours, closely followed by Anybody Seen My Baby, Waiting On A Friend and all three Undercover videos as far as them actually doing something other than stupidly miming along like the rest of the horrible videos they did for Tattoo You.

Just how many videos do they have anyway? Anyone know? Of course, I'm including what they did for IORR and Black And Blue, those on stage single films they did...

Re: Best Stones Video (For A Song/Single)
Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: January 10, 2011 01:10

I always liked the Sex Drive video.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 10, 2011 01:13

klrkcr
I always liked the Sex Drive video.

Yes indeed, the song is not that exciting, but the girls, Mick, the therapist Charlie, Bill Wyman's last appearance as a stone plus Keith and Ron make the video really funny.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 10, 2011 01:26

We Love You

I think this is a special one,made in a time when there hasnĀ“t been a "market",whatever,
for such projects...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 10, 2011 01:30

I always loved the "Love Is Strong" video

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 10, 2011 01:36

Lets Work.....

Full honours to Mick for taking all them folks out jogging on such a busy highway.. camera crew and all.....Talk about dangerous

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 10, 2011 01:38

All the ones with the New York backdrops - Love is Strong (even though they did their scenes in Toronto), Anybody Seen My Baby, Waiting On a Friend, etc.

Of the earlier ones - Lady Jane, We Love You, Jumpin' Jack Flash, IORR.

They seem to have given up on putting together decent videos since 'Saint of Me'.

There have been some made since which must have cost as much as five quid to put together.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 10, 2011 02:36

Gazza
They seem to have given up on putting together decent videos since 'Saint of Me'.

There have been some made since which must have cost as much as five quid to put together.

For the most part I agree but I think this one's exceptional:

Date: January 10, 2011 03:02

Ah yeah, that wasnt a bad one at all.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 10, 2011 03:10

When "Harlem Shuffle" was new they played it at a theatre in Santa Monica which was showing the Terry Gilliam film "Brazil." Saw it twice (before and after "Brazil" ) one afternoon.

It looks really, really good on a big screen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-10 03:11 by loog droog.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 10, 2011 03:27

Waiting on a Friend
Harlem Shuffle
Dancing in the Streets
Streets of Love..Especially that Canadain Nightclub scene

Date: January 10, 2011 03:35

Rockman
Lets Work.....

Full honours to Mick for taking all them folks out jogging on such a busy highway.. camera crew and all.....Talk about dangerous

Talk about NOT Stones...

Date: January 10, 2011 03:36

Ah yes, Harlem Shuffle. That was excellent.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 10, 2011 04:21

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 10, 2011 11:19

Waiting on a friend + It's only rock'n'roll

2 1 2 0

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 10, 2011 11:19

I think Like a Rolling Stones is one of their best. Also like the Don't Stop video, but my favourite is IORR.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: January 10, 2011 12:43

Glam Descendant
Gazza

For the most part I agree but I think this one's exceptional:

Insert: Rain Fall Down by Jonas Akerlund

I agree completely. It seems they abounded the idea, like many other, of spending big bucks on videos when the revenue from cds dived around 2000. But the Rain Fall down video is a great exception. Interesting side note, on the BBC Art Review 2010 they did a little piece on the re-release of Exile and Mick had a nice little quote about the income of musicians. He said something along the line of " You have to remember, in the history of music there was this very short timespan where musicians were actually well paid, and that was from...lets say from the 1970s upto 1998. But then again, we were paid very handsomely in that period." (My recollection of him)

I used to do music videos, but today the budgets of reasonably big national artist are 10% of what they were in 2005. The main broadcast medium is no longer TV, but You Tube, which changes the budgets and aesthetics of the videos quite dramatically. So its quite understandable Stones go in this direction.

My fav Stones video: Anybody Seen My Baby

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: January 10, 2011 13:43

Love Is Strong by David Fincher is really good

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: January 10, 2011 15:14

Following The River

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: January 10, 2011 15:20

Another vote for Love is Strong. I did not know there were 3 versions of Undercover.

Date: January 10, 2011 15:53

spsimmons
Another vote for Love is Strong. I did not know there were 3 versions of Undercover.

I think he means all three videos from the Undercover album. ("Undercover", "She Was Hot" and "Too Much Blood")

Oh, I meant to say "Like a Rolling Stone" was good. And I like the mid 70's, like "Angie", "Aint too proud to beg", "Till the next goodbye". The 4 mini films of the Black & Blue tracks too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-10 15:56 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: January 10, 2011 17:57

"Aint too proud to beg", "Till the next goodbye"
The 4 mini films of the Black & Blue tracks too.

I've not seen any of it. But I like Faraway Eyes very much

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: January 10, 2011 18:03

I think he means all three videos from the Undercover album. ("Undercover", "She Was Hot" and "Too Much Blood"

Didn't even think of that. That makes much more sense! LOL Those are some great videos.

Date: January 10, 2011 18:29

Proudmary, the B&B videos are of "Hot Stuff", "Crazy Mama", "Hey Negrita" and "Fool to Cry". They were done in Kiel in '76 (break from the tour?) on a studio stage; the band in real live get-up; I think Jagger changes outfit for each song: singing @ keyboard for "Fool", silver lame pants for "Mama", the whole fan & feather bit for "Negrita". With live vocals.
The IORR tracks are from Don Kirshner's show. "Till the next goodbye" has Jagger in a black T-Shirt, playing acoustic guitar; "Ain't too proud to beg" is vintage 70's with Jagger in a white bowler, with knee-length trousers gyrating in front of something big; seems I recall a lot of polka dots too.
Needless to say I;m sure you can find them on youtube.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: January 10, 2011 18:29

The Jumpin' Jack Flash promo film with the warpaint and crazy sunglasses is near the top of my list. Especially when you look at it compared to what else was going on at the time -- it raises the bar in terms of weirdness that was going around in those days, and points in a new direction, headed towards glam and '70s decadence. Very important clip. Other "psychedelic" promo films from the same time period, like the Beatles "Strawberry Fields Forever" or "Baby You're A Rich Man" look incredibly tame in comparison.

Date: January 10, 2011 18:59

Palace Revolution 2000
"Ain't too proud to beg" is vintage 70's with Jagger in a white bowler, with knee-length trousers gyrating in front of something big; seems I recall a lot of polka dots too.
Needless to say I;m sure you can find them on youtube.

Wow! You mean this one? This is the most hilarious Mick's outfit ever! Pink-green tuxedo is just unbelievable.

Thanks, you made my day

Date: January 10, 2011 19:03

leteyer
I think Like a Rolling Stones is one of their best. Also like the Don't Stop video, but my favourite is IORR.

Seriously?

That one with the kids driving a car?

Must be a candidate for worst video ever by anyone.

Date: January 10, 2011 19:07

spsimmons

I think he means all three videos from the Undercover album. ("Undercover", "She Was Hot" and "Too Much Blood"

Didn't even think of that. That makes much more sense! LOL Those are some great videos.

There were two videos of 'Undercover'.

The second one had some of the more violent scenes removed and featured more footage of the Stones 'performing' at the Bains-Douches club in Paris.

Every video made for a song on that album ended up being banned or censored by somebody. The 'She was hot' one even got censored for advertising the Tab soft drink.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 10, 2011 19:18

The Jumpin' Jack Flash promo film .
Love is Strong
IORR

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 10, 2011 19:19

Palace Revolution 2000
silver lame pants for "Mama", .
I loved the spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsilver lame pants .....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home