Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lennon and Jagger sex tape!
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 24, 2013 03:27

Okay, maybe not. But it was an attempt tongue sticking out smiley

Re: Lennon and Jagger sex tape!
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 24, 2013 03:41

John hated "all that fag dancing." Yeah, right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 03:43 by tatters.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 24, 2013 03:56

John is in love!

Date: March 24, 2013 04:00

I Want To Hold Your Gland?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 24, 2013 04:38

This thread sucks

Date: March 24, 2013 06:30

I wonder if someday there will ever be a death-bed confession revealing the true extent of John and Paul's friendship. It would be interesting to see how Beatles fans deal with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 06:35 by tatters.

Date: March 24, 2013 06:44

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 24, 2013 06:54

tatters
I wonder if someday there will ever be a death-bed confession revealing the true extent of John and Paul's friendship. It would be interesting to see how Beatles fans deal with that.
Whats there to reveal? Its very much known they were very close at the beginning of the Beatles, and grew to be back towards that as well through the 70s up until John's death. No matter what, and even if they continued to hate each other, they would always be a part of each others lives. I don't think there's any gay stuff (if thats what you're implying) to come out in the future. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there doesn't seem to be ANY signs of that whatsoever from the past. Just two bandmates that were very close in the 60s (they were pretty much the first two man duo songwriting team frontmen, so it makes perfect sense) and were more very good friends at the most.

I don't mean for this to sound like some big thing I'm taken aback by and trying to justify, although I can see how it comes across that way. I just don't see what there is for Beatles fans to deal with and how there's anything more about the true nature of John and Paul's relationship that has yet to come out to the public. I'm pretty sure we know just about everything.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 24, 2013 07:00

GumbootCloggeroo

Just a couple of mates clowning about. Why was this thread even attempted?

Date: March 24, 2013 07:02

RollingFreak
tatters
Whats there to reveal? Its very much known they were very close at the beginning of the Beatles, and grew to be back towards that as well through the 70s up until John's death. No matter what, and even if they continued to hate each other, they would always be a part of each others lives. I don't think there's any gay stuff (if thats what you're implying) to come out in the future. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there doesn't seem to be ANY signs of that whatsoever from the past. Just two bandmates that were very close in the 60s (they were pretty much the first two man duo songwriting team frontmen, so it makes perfect sense) and were more very good friends at the most.

I don't mean for this to sound like some big thing I'm taken aback by and trying to justify, although I can see how it comes across that way. I just don't see what there is for Beatles fans to deal with and how there's anything more about the true nature of John and Paul's relationship that has yet to come out to the public. I'm pretty sure we know just about everything.

Maybe, but there have been hints from Paul about one particular night in a Jacksonville, Florida hotel room during the 1964 tour. I just wonder what people's reaction would be if he ever came out with it. Would Beatles fans be aghast, or would it make their legacy even more fascinating than it already is? Elton lost much of his fan base when he came out in '76, though it now seems hilarious that much of his fan base, myself included, had no idea he was gay. It was something that just never occurred to me. I just thought he was really into clothes! LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 07:06 by tatters.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 24, 2013 07:07

tatters
RollingFreak
tatters

Maybe, but there have been hints from Paul about one particular night in a Jacksonville, Florida hotel room during the 1964 tour. I just wonder what people's reaction would be if he ever came out with it. Would Beatles fans be aghast, or would it make their legacy even more fascinating than it already is? Elton lost much of his fan base when he came out in '76, though it now seems hilarious that much of his fan base, myself included, had no idea he was gay. It was something that just never occurred to me. I just thought he was really into clothes! LOL
I guess I see what you're saying. With the Elton thing, it reminds me of my dad. He was the same as you. Had no f'in idea he was gay and just thought "well its the 70s" as it was happening, which obviously I find hilarious now. Didn't know about any hints, but if it were to come out, I don't think it would really mean anything to their legacy at this point. Its so far down the line, and clearly it didn't overshadow any of their work, so I don't think it would make much of an impact (although it would certainly be a hell of a story to hear after all these years!). I've heard Paul talk about how in the early days they would sleep on top of each other in their tour buses, but that was because they were broke and that was early life on the road. I never took it to mean anything more than they were very close with each other as friends, not just Lennon and McCartney but all of them, although I guess I could be completely wrong. I just figure if there was a genuine hint of that sort of relationship between them, we'd know about it by now.

Date: March 24, 2013 12:34

stonehearted
GumbootCloggeroo

Lennon is the only person I have ever seen who very obviously pushes Jagger into a corner, and flat-out can embarrass him. I see that in all R&R Circus clips with Lennon and Jagger.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2013 15:50

RollingFreak
tatters
RollingFreak
tatters

I guess I see what you're saying. With the Elton thing, it reminds me of my dad. He was the same as you. Had no f'in idea he was gay and just thought "well its the 70s" as it was happening, which obviously I find hilarious now. Didn't know about any hints, but if it were to come out, I don't think it would really mean anything to their legacy at this point. Its so far down the line, and clearly it didn't overshadow any of their work, so I don't think it would make much of an impact (although it would certainly be a hell of a story to hear after all these years!). I've heard Paul talk about how in the early days they would sleep on top of each other in their tour buses, but that was because they were broke and that was early life on the road. I never took it to mean anything more than they were very close with each other as friends, not just Lennon and McCartney but all of them, although I guess I could be completely wrong. I just figure if there was a genuine hint of that sort of relationship between them, we'd know about it by now.

Yes exactly! And Liberace, who'd have ever thunk he was gay?! Never saw that one coming!

Date: March 24, 2013 15:53

This is Paul's explanation for the "What about the night we cried?" line in Here Today. Sounds pretty gay to me.

We were in Key West in 1964. We were due to fly into Jacksonville, in Florida, and do a concert there, but we'd been diverted because of a hurricane. We stayed there for a couple of days, not knowing what to do except, like, drink. I remember drinking way too much, and having one of those talking-to-the-toilet bowl evenings. It was during that night, when we'd all stayed up way too late, and we got so pissed that we ended up crying - about, you know, how wonderful we were, and how much we loved each other, even though we'd never said anything. It was a good one: you never say anything like that. Especially if you're a Northern Man.

Paul McCartney, June 2004
The Guardian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 15:57 by tatters.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: March 24, 2013 16:31

tatters
This is Paul's explanation for the "What about the night we cried?" line in Here Today. Sounds pretty gay to me.

We were in Key West in 1964. We were due to fly into Jacksonville, in Florida, and do a concert there, but we'd been diverted because of a hurricane. We stayed there for a couple of days, not knowing what to do except, like, drink. I remember drinking way too much, and having one of those talking-to-the-toilet bowl evenings. It was during that night, when we'd all stayed up way too late, and we got so pissed that we ended up crying - about, you know, how wonderful we were, and how much we loved each other, even though we'd never said anything. It was a good one: you never say anything like that. Especially if you're a Northern Man.

The Guardian

To me it sounds like they got drunk and emotional. I don't see the gay-thing at all. I don't see what's wrong with loving a close friend.
I mean I don't love my parents the same way that I love my wife and I don't love my cat the same way as I love my closest friends. But I love them all in different ways. It's not something I talk about with my friends. But when you're drunk you don't stick to your normal social codes. You say things and do things you don't normally do.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 16:36 by tonterapi.

Date: March 24, 2013 16:36

tonterapi
tatters

The Guardian

To me it sounds like they got drunk and emotional. I don't see the gay-thing.
I mean I don't love my parents the same way that I love my wife and I don't love my cat the same way as I love my closest friends. But I love them all in different ways.

Interesting thing about that "Here Today" song, though. When he sings it now, he could just as easily be singing about Linda. He wouldn't have to change a single word for it to be about a woman. There's an interview with Diane Sawyer where he talks more about that night in Key West, but I can't find it on youtube. Paul says they had too much too drink and said way too much about the true nature of their relationship and they both started crying. As for the song, the interview ends with Sawyer saying, "It's a love song," and Paul says, "Yeah."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 16:43 by tatters.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2013 16:41

tatters
tonterapi
tatters

The Guardian

I mean I don't love my parents the same way that I love my wife and I don't love my cat the same way as I love my closest friends. But I love them all in different ways.

Interesting thing about that "Here Today" song, though. When he sings it now, he could just as easily be singing about Linda. He wouldn't have to change a single word for it to be about a woman.

...and how many stones songs follow that formula?

Date: March 24, 2013 16:43

treaclefingers
tatters
tonterapi
tatters

The Guardian

Interesting thing about that "Here Today" song, though. When he sings it now, he could just as easily be singing about Linda. He wouldn't have to change a single word for it to be about a woman.

...and how many stones songs follow that formula?

I don't know. Name a few that do. Are there really any Rolling Stones love songs written about a man that without changing a single word could just as easily be about a woman?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 21:21 by tatters.

Date: March 24, 2013 17:08

This is a small excerpt of the much longer Diane Sawyer interview I was talking about. Unfortunately, it doesn't include the bit about Key West.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 17:09 by tatters.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 24, 2013 17:14

Palace Revolution 2000
stonehearted
GumbootCloggeroo

Lennon is the only person I have ever seen who very obviously pushes Jagger into a corner, and flat-out can embarrass him. I see that in all R&R Circus clips with Lennon and Jagger.

Yep, Lennon could do that with everyone on this poor earth, maybe not Miles Davis...they were kind of equal that way...

2 1 2 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 17:18 by Come On.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 24, 2013 19:20

The only one to really consider as a male sex partner for John was Brian Epstein, who of course commited suicide. That story has some truth to it, I think.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 24, 2013 19:24

Didn't Anita hint at something between Keith and Brian?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 24, 2013 20:18

tatters

You know something we don't?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 24, 2013 20:24

It's a shame that Western culture seems to not want to deal with love between two friends without putting the label "gay" on it. There can be all kinds of love, deep bonds, emotions, and it doesn't necessarily mean it is sexual love. Unfortunately man men are taught to repress any display of deep emotion (even with women) as not "manly", so it only can acceptably come out between friends when one is drunk. I would hope people as close as John and Paul would have had the opportunity to tell each other how they felt. To call it "gay" (not that there's anything wrong with that) is absurd.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 24, 2013 20:35

if it were Bowie-Jagger sex tapes, then that would be true..

jeroen

Date: March 24, 2013 21:20

mickschix
The only one to really consider as a male sex partner for John was Brian Epstein, who of course commited suicide. That story has some truth to it, I think.

Yes, but which version of the story is true? The version that has them having had only a single encounter in 1963, or the version that has them having had a long-term relationship that ended only when Brian died?

Date: March 24, 2013 21:26

71Tele
tatters

You know something we don't?

Nah, just kidding, but if there is some Great Beatle Secret, I do hope it's not taken to the grave. Actually, I'd be much more interested in knowing whether or not the story about John killing Stuart Sutcliffe is true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 21:45 by tatters.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 24, 2013 21:32

tatters
Elton lost much of his fan base when he came out in '76, though it now seems hilarious that much of his fan base, myself included, had no idea he was gay. It was something that just never occurred to me. I just thought he was really into clothes! LOL

Elton lost much of his fan base because of the albums after BLUE MOVES. I'm sure some were lost to his sexuality but the music he was
putting out in the 80s & 90s (even though he had a few pop hits) was NOTHING compared to his 70s music.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: March 24, 2013 21:33

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 21:46 by tatters.

Date: March 24, 2013 21:35

sweet neo con
tatters
Elton lost much of his fan base when he came out in '76, though it now seems hilarious that much of his fan base, myself included, had no idea he was gay. It was something that just never occurred to me. I just thought he was really into clothes! LOL

Elton lost much of his fan base because of the albums after BLUE MOVES. I'm sure some were lost to his sexuality but the music he was
putting out in the 80s & 90s (even though he had a few pop hits) was NOTHING compared to his 70s music.

That's true. His records sales nosedived after 1976 mainly because he started putting out crap like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 21:37 by tatters.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1273
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home