Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

viagogo
Posted by: chris47 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:22

Friends! Anybody knows viagogo? How safe is this
to by tickets? Any experiences?
chris, berlin

Re: viagogo
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:27

Very safe based on what was posted here in November, they actually stepped in with other tickets when a seller flaked at the last minute.

Having said that they charge 20% fees I believe so if you have a request, post it in the "Ticket Trader" section first! I had an extra GC/T2 ticket yesterday and passed it on to another IORRian!

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:29

To me it's very unsage... here is why:

- ultimately, even if you buy a promise to have a ticket, you are looking for the actual ticket. When will you get the actual ticket ? No one knows... no one even knows when the true ticket seller will post them... so as it has to first go through the person you're buying from, there's a risk to miss it

- VIAGOGO says they'll manage to find you one ticket if you don't get it from the buyer... hmmm, they can do that for a handful of tickets but if all tickets are sent out 5 days before the show, they're screwed and they won't print 1000 tickets out of thin air to "bail-out" their panicked customers. Bears some similarities with a bank run...

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:31

gotdablouse
they actually stepped in with other tickets when a seller flaked at the last minute.

And where do they find those extra-tickets ? Do they grow on some apple tree ? grinning smiley

That can work as an edge-case and as a plan B for a few customers, but if a show is sold out and tickets promised dont make it to the buyers... they cant print tickets out of thin air !!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:32

Safe enough - just buy way too expensive

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 5, 2013 19:35

beepee2
gotdablouse
they actually stepped in with other tickets when a seller flaked at the last minute.

And where do they find those extra-tickets ? Do they grow on some apple tree ? grinning smiley

That can work as an edge-case and as a plan B for a few customers, but if a show is sold out and tickets promised dont make it to the buyers... they cant print tickets out of thin air !!

I agree, I was a bit skeptical too but you can look up the "ticket drop" thread to see the story of an IORRian whose ticket didn't get posted in time from Milan, Italy (if memory serves) a few days before the show and viagogo came through and the buyer was happy with the result.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1548
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home