Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

bob seger tour 2013
Posted by: rknhrse112 ()
Date: March 27, 2013 10:48

looking for new seger tour dvds

Re: bob seger tour 2013
Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: March 27, 2013 15:09

rknhrse112
looking for new seger tour dvds

if you cannot find any go to youtube and type "Bob Seger live 2013". A user named "clubdoc" uploaded almost an entire show. Overall good quality. You can dowload the vids from youtube and make your own. Good luck. I am going to the Brooklyn show with Joe Walsh, and really looking forward to it.

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 27, 2013 17:46

I saw the third night of the current tour a couple weeks back. Bob's in his best form of the modern (2006 til now) touring era. He's shaking up the set-list albeit ever so slightly.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 27, 2013 23:32

Will be seeing him tonight in Vancouver at Rogers Arena with Joe Walsh opening! My brother just saw the Eagles in Vegas. Seger's other shows in Western Canada have had another opening act who I've never heard of so I'm glad Walsh is playing tonight!

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: March 27, 2013 23:45

DGA35
Will be seeing him tonight in Vancouver at Rogers Arena with Joe Walsh opening! My brother just saw the Eagles in Vegas. Seger's other shows in Western Canada have had another opening act who I've never heard of so I'm glad Walsh is playing tonight!

Cool! Would you please provide a little summary of the show in the next few days if you hae time? I am wondering if JW will play any songs with Seger. Also interested in JW setlist. I just got VIP tix for the Eagles in massachusetts. "The History of the Eagles Tour". Can't wait.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 28, 2013 00:02

R
I saw the third night of the current tour a couple weeks back. Bob's in his best form of the modern (2006 til now) touring era. He's shaking up the set-list albeit ever so slightly.
Not that I disagree with you, but I don't think he's really that different than the last tour. He's been pretty consistent since 2011, which many say was better than 2006. Personally, I enjoyed both years, but 2011 was really great and its harder to remember the one from 7 years ago. He was at least just as good which says alot.

Also, I love Bob, but he's hardly shaking up the setlist. If anything, this leg of the tour he's retreated to really only greatest hits, and throwing in some new songs. Maybe its just me, but at this point in life I don't really need to hear Bob do new stuff, unless he wants to put out a proper album. Face The Promise I thought was great and I genuinely wanted to hear the songs live. Now, I'm not really paying to hear songs that I don't know and at this stage in life would probably sound better in the studio. Small complaint though. The only new addition this time around is Like A Rock, which is huge, but not worth the price of seeing another show. I've seen Bob 3 times and loved every one of them. But in 2011, he was digging deeper with songs like Good For Me, Shinin' Brightly, Long Twin Silver Line. Those are all gone now, so while Like A Rock is finally coming out, its not enough for me to see another show. By the third one it was already getting tired, but I love Bob so I couldn't complain. Now, unless he starts shaking it up, at least minorly like he was in 2011, I think I've seen the Bob show enough.

I'm not against Bob this tour, but if you've seen him before, it seems like this leg isn't really offering anything new.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-28 00:03 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 28, 2013 22:13

Great concert last night! Rogers Arena was sold out. A nice sunny day in Vancouver, unlike earlier this month when a few concerts across the prairies had to be postponed due to snow! Definitely older crowd, with average age probably mid 50's. Joe Walsh opened and played around 45 minutes. Not a huge fan but recognized most of the songs. Finished with Life's Been Good and Rocky Mountain Way. Told the crowd to say How You Doing to Bob ( in a Soprano's type voice). Had 2 drummers and a percussionist as part of his band.
Seger came on at 8:45pm and played almost 2 hours. His voice sounded great and the overall sound was great. Lots of hits including Like A Rock, Old Time R'n'R, Travellin Man/Beautiful Loser, Mainstreet, Katmandu. Played 2 new songs and he said an album should be out in August. Second number was one called California Gold I believe and he said lyrics were by Woody Guthrie. Said they recorded it around 6 weeks ago. He said it was a great night, with Joe Walsh, The Silver Bullet Band and the most beautiful city in North America to visit! Said he took a ride out to nearby Shannon Falls the previous day.
Good to see some long time members still with him including Craig Campbell, Alto Reed, Don Brewer and Craig Frost. His 3 backup singers were all older women and I know one of them has been with him for quite a while.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home