Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Bob Dylan
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 24, 2013 22:23

Really admire the "ExpectingRain" the major Bob Dylan fan website.

Dylan fans here who are not aware of this will find it fascinating...I think.

Full disclosure -- no talk of sex tapes, major shags etc.

Re: OT: Bob Dylan
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 24, 2013 22:53

Who would want to see a Bob Dylan sex tape?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 24, 2013 22:55

tatters
Who would want to see a Bob Dylan sex tape?

desperate times call for desperate measures

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: March 24, 2013 23:58

The Dylan website Expecting Rain is one of the best on the web...and one of the longest running too.....check it out, not just Dylan info

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: March 25, 2013 02:02

Expecting Rain is phenomenal. The quality and organization of the boots on there (you have to log in) is the best I've ever seen.

Became COMPLETELY addicted to the site and downloaded tons of amazing Boots -- both shows and outtakes several years ago. If you like Bob, this site is essential trolling.

T@3

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 25, 2013 02:16

Cool. I am going to see him in a couple weeks. Anyone seen a recent show? I hear he has been banging away at the piano a lot, and not playing a lot of tunes from 'Tempest.' Saw him in '99 and loved all the re-arranged classics.

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: March 25, 2013 11:49

The best.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 25, 2013 17:24

It's funny that both the biggest Dylan site on the net, Expecting Rain, and the biggest (?) Rolling Stones site on the net, IORR, are Norwegian. Come to think of it....the most important Elvis site on the web is Norwagian as well! Who would have thunk?

Date: March 25, 2013 18:17

Erik_Snow
It's funny that both the biggest Dylan site on the net, Expecting Rain, and the biggest (?) Rolling Stones site on the net, IORR, are Norwegian. Come to think of it....the most important Elvis site on the web is Norwagian as well! Who would have thunk?

wegians just seemed to be hung up on has-been rockers. i'm sure there's a scientific cultural or sociological explanation for this phenomenon. any scientists out there?

Date: March 25, 2013 18:28

GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow

Norwegians just seemed to be hung up on has-been rockers. i'm sure there's a scientific cultural or sociological explanation for this phenomenon. any scientists out there?

I think the main reason is that none of these artists played here in their prime, so we all live for the (recorded) memories of these artists. Unlike you lucky lot, who's cynical about what these artists did.

Date: March 25, 2013 18:32

i prefer the term "wegians" if you don't mind...

Date: March 25, 2013 18:34

GRNRBITW

That's completely OK. Please don't invade us. That's all I ask

Hey, could you please check your inbox at Hungercity ?

Date: March 25, 2013 18:52

Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW

That's completely OK. Please don't invade us. That's all I ask

Hey, could you please check your inbox at Hungercity ?

The next invasion comes with the next GOP administration. there is frustration building up - it's been way too long since we invaded a sovereign country for the hell of it. I'll put in a word to skip norway and show the swedes how mighty we are.

later today on the hc thing

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 25, 2013 19:04

I don't think there is any plausible reason to skip Norway. They clearly have what they feel are the best web site creators...I'll call my congressman and see if we can get boots on the ground for Easter.

Date: March 25, 2013 19:39

Munichhilton
I don't think there is any plausible reason to skip Norway. They clearly have what they feel are the best web site creators...I'll call my congressman and see if we can get boots on the ground for Easter.

come to think of it, let's just cover all of scandanavia. i'm not sure we should be wasting our time and resources on little onesie-twosie conquests. we can colonize and rename the whole region, "united scandanavia of amercia"

Date: March 25, 2013 19:47

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton

come to think of it, let's just cover all of scandanavia. i'm not sure we should be wasting our time and resources on little onesie-twosie conquests. we can colonize and rename the whole region, "united scandanavia of amercia"

scandawhatia?

I say we liberate the region from such cumbersome titles and name it Upper Texas

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 25, 2013 19:52

Don't mess with the Swedes.

They know how to use guns.

Just sayin.

They also chew tobacco.... which is pretty disgusting... they think putting it in little sachets and storing it in their cheeks all day is cool.

They eat rotten fish which they forced me to do also when I was drunk.

They gave us Abba, so give them a break.

Date: March 25, 2013 19:55

GravityBoy
They also chew tobacco.... which is pretty disgusting... they think putting it in little sachets and storing it in their cheeks all day is cool.

you snus you lus

Date: March 25, 2013 19:56

GravityBoy
They gave us Abba, so give them a break.

!!Let's not make this an all out war...we're just thinking about re-purposing the area...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 25, 2013 19:58

Also... they can slow down time... FACT!!!

I spent a weekend on my own in Linkoping once... the hands on the clock never moved.

Date: March 25, 2013 20:26

GravityBoy
Also... they can slow down time... FACT!!!

I spent a weekend on my own in Linkoping once... the hands on the clock never moved.

how did you know the weekend was over, then? maybe it's still going on

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 25, 2013 23:12

I heard Dylan last year and he was brilliant. I hope that he will play concerts in Germany this year.- Concerning Expecting Rain: I do not wish to offend anyone, but my impression was that a reasonable amount of posts on this site (unlike iorr)are written in a stalking manner. Like "Bob Dylan in 2014(It's never too early to talk Bob"). By the the way: How does one register for that site? I have been a Stones fan for more than 20 years, but in the last yeasrs Dylan became more important to me.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 26, 2013 05:01

He opens his 2013 tour in Buffalo at University of Buffalo College on April 5th. I'm seriously considering going as I have never seen him.

His 2012 set lists have looked pretty good.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 26, 2013 05:32

GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow

wegians just seemed to be hung up on has-been rockers. i'm sure there's a scientific cultural or sociological explanation for this phenomenon. any scientists out there?

I think it's because messing around on the internet is almost free and everything else in Norway is so goddamn expensive. They get very good at it...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 26, 2013 06:23

Bob was great at the Hollywood Bowl last summer. He simply doesn't have to give a shit anymore. He plays what he wants and how he wants. That he does a magnificent job is all the better. Notice that his 50th came and went without a peep. He didn't have to be dragged out of his mansion like members of the Beach Boys and Stones, because he's never off the road. And he still takes musical chances. Nothing is by rote. Nothing is a tired warhorse.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 26, 2013 09:03

The Sicilian
He opens his 2013 tour in Buffalo at University of Buffalo College on April 5th. I'm seriously considering going as I have never seen him.

His 2012 set lists have looked pretty good.

You have to go then! Just listen to some recent bootlegs first to be prepared, not like me when I went to see him the first time, knowing just his "hits" from the studio albums. That show was a big let-down for me. Luckily I started to dig deeper and became a fan. I saw him two more times and had a blast both times. The last time was the last summer at a small outdoor venue in Dresden and it was magnificent. But it is impotrtant to know what Bob sounds today. When you listen to those bootlegs, remember that the show itself is waaaaay better. I have never heard a bootleg that would truly capture a show I attended.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 26, 2013 11:13

Erik_Snow

There is another great Norwegian site, its name starts with H.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 26, 2013 18:53

and now this thread is on the news page of ER! Great site BTW

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home