Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Yeah! Peanut Butter....No Joke!
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: February 26, 2013 17:55

So my finacee told me if you take a little bit of peanut butter and spread it around on a scratched disc, or one that skips, then wash it off that it will fix it.

Needless to say I'm jammin out disc 2 of forty licks I haven't been able to listen to in forever!

It worked for me...hopes this helps with some of your Stones discs guys

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Yeah! Peanut Butter....No Joke!
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 26, 2013 17:58

Bill had a song on Stone Alone called "Peanut Butter Time."

Ironically, I always skip past it...

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: February 26, 2013 18:01

Lmao!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 26, 2013 18:04

I use Peanut Butter for years to correct my old LP's ....no news for me........

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 26, 2013 18:27

A man goes to the doctor with his crown jewels wrapped in cellophane.

The doctor says: "I can clearly see your nuts"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-27 09:46 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 26, 2013 22:21

.....peanut butter is the worst when ya dry and got a hang-over ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 26, 2013 22:28

Elvis loved his peanut butter, jelly and bacon sandwiches...talk about heart attack city.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 26, 2013 22:32

You can play CDs on a vinyl turntable.

Well... some Lou Reed CDs.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2013 23:05

GravityBoy
You can play CDs on a vinyl turntable.

Well... some Lou Reed CDs.

They all end up sounding like Metal Machine Music though. sad smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 27, 2013 00:19

The Marathons put some peanut butter on the A-side of a single back in 1961. I wonder if they put some jelly on the B-side.

A 1966 version by The Five Sounds

The Liverbirds from 1965, an all-girl group from Liverpool....

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: February 27, 2013 04:30

latebloomer
Elvis loved his peanut butter, jelly and bacon sandwiches...talk about heart attack city.

And don't forget the doughnuts & fried bananna sandwiches!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 27, 2013 08:41

Coat the edges of a CD with a green marking pen. smiling smiley

Shm-SACD

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 27, 2013 08:56

Seems like a prank... but this guys shows how...

Date: February 27, 2013 09:05

NICOS
I use Peanut Butter for years to correct my old LP's ....no news for me........

You really did this to an LP, and it worked? really? You apply the paste to the grooves and just wash it off with water. I find the prospect of doing that somewhat horrifying.

I will admit, Early in life I was pummeled (and screamed at)(and beaten) into submission by big brothers to TAKE FKG CARE OF THE RECORDS!!! ONLY TOUCH THE EDGES!!!! DONT STACK THEM!!! IF YOU SCRATCH MY RECORDS YOU ARE DEAD!!!! .... and I loved listening to music as a little kid so much, so I was like, " OK OK OK OK I promise" and I complied and actually I was/am freaky about following the same rules... thus, honestly, I have never had a need to fix any of my records or CDs or DVDs or games... although I used to be a wiz at fixing 8-track and cassettes... I could take em apart, use tape to fix em up, and put em back together and Voila they worked again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-27 09:07 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 27, 2013 09:12

CD's .... take 'em to ya local video store and get um ta buff 'em up on their disc polishing machine... cheap and quick..

Records .... buy yaself a Nitty Gritty ... [www.nittygrittyinc.com]

ROCKMAN

Date: February 27, 2013 09:29

Rockman
CD's .... take 'em to ya local video store and get um ta buff 'em up on their disc polishing machine... cheap and quick..

Records .... buy yaself a Nitty Gritty ... [www.nittygrittyinc.com]
Cool man... I have never heard of a Nityy Gritty machine, but this guy, and his dog, show us how it works.

[www.nittygrittyinc.com]

Holy Moly... Check this dude and his wood glue out... YIKES!!!

Another glue guy... and his baby

Another option-

Keith Monks Record Cleaning Machines
[www.keithmonks-rcm.co.uk]

Exclusive 5 Year Guarantee
A conditional 5 year manufacturer's guarantee is standard on all Keith Monks professional Record Cleaning Machines

Another Option-

VPI Industries Inc. Cleaning Machine Collection
[vpiindustries.com]

The HW-16.5 is the standard in affordable record cleaning machines but neither its build quality nor its cleaning power has been compromised. Its high-torque, 18 RPM turntable motor

or VPI - The HW-17 Cleaning Machine
or VPI - The Typhoon (HW-27) Cleaning Machine

""The principle of a vacuum machine is simple. The record is placed on the platter and the cleaning solution is applied to the surface of the record with a pump which is then worked into the grooves. This solution is crucial as it is an effective degreasing agent removing grease which binds detritus to the surface of the vinyl.

This machine is fan cooled and made of Marine Grade Plywood so it is virtually indestrucable. It was designed to be used in hour after hour cleaning large batches of vinyl without a break. In addition, the motors are the highest quality with integral fan cooling ensuring a long working life. The platter drive motor rotates at 18 RPM and is bi-directional. The bi-directional function was installed in this machine to ensure that dirt which is in the bottom of the groove in one direction could be loosened by cleaning in the opposite direction.

The fluid is applied to the vinyl via a pumped cleaning fluid reservoir built into the machine. This fluid applicator has been designed to apply a very even layer of fluid across the record without risking contamination of the label. The twin arms on top of the machine contain a vacuum slot and a cleaning brush. Both of these arms are self adjusting allowing optimal operation on a variety of vinyl thicknesses without user intervention.

This critically acclaimed machine is standard equipment in record libraries such as the US Library of Congress and numerous radio stations. This is one of the finest record cleaning machines in the World.""

Or the ole DIY method....

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-27 10:34 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 27, 2013 09:37

Yikes!!! After watching the videos...Me NO likes any of that...

Personally I am sticking with the policy "dont let the records/disc get dirty to start with".

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 27, 2013 14:06

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 27, 2013 14:22

I've never heard of using peanut butter, but I have heard of using toothpaste. I tried it once, but I don't think it worked. I also once bought a scratch cleaning kit which came with some paste you put on the disc and spread around, and that didn't work for me. The scratch I tried to repair was pretty bad, so it may have been too severe for what they had in mind. But on all my CD players it takes a pretty severe scratch before it can't be read.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 27, 2013 16:35

Joke...I'll will stay with YES...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 27, 2013 16:56

NoCode0680
I've never heard of using peanut butter, but I have heard of using toothpaste. I tried it once, but I don't think it worked. I also once bought a scratch cleaning kit which came with some paste you put on the disc and spread around, and that didn't work for me. The scratch I tried to repair was pretty bad, so it may have been too severe for what they had in mind. But on all my CD players it takes a pretty severe scratch before it can't be read.

Yeah, I used toothpaste with a damp cloth. Helps on some, but not deep scratches.

Hey, didn't they say CDs were indestructible?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 27, 2013 17:10

Toothpaste is abrasive!

Not a good idea.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 27, 2013 22:13

GravityBoy
Toothpaste is abrasive!

Not a good idea.

Uh oh! Thanks for the advice. I'd better stop brushing my teeth with that stuff. No wonder people get cavities. Starting today, I'm going to brush my teeth with peanut butter instead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1681
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home