Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Message To The Rolling Stones: Fans Want New Songs/Album!
Date: February 13, 2013 16:30

Is it safe to say that the vast majority of us want the Stones to produce a new album? I think so. Now is our chance to speak up and let them know how much a brand new album with all new songs would mean to us.

The band is meeting next month so why don't we let them know what that meeting should really be about! Touring is great, but it's time for a classic new Stones album! Something tells me Jimmy Miller is somewhere out there smiling at the thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-13 21:20 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Re: Message To The Rolling Stones: Fans Want New Songs/Album!
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 13, 2013 17:04

RIGHT ON!!

I agree. Please bring Bill and Mick back and work on putting out a album
we can all love...
Most of us want a NEW Stones album...

WE WANT THE STONES......................................................

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: February 13, 2013 17:55

hot stuff

Please bring Bill and Mick back and work on putting out a album
we can all love...

YES!!! Please do a new Album with Bill & Mick T, which is followed by your Farewell World Tour as a 6-piece-band!!!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 13, 2013 18:00

Watch out - Chuck's wife is reading. Maybe she can tell Chuck to get to Work on a new album. Come on Guys, when everybody else can make lots of new albums, why can't Stones?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 13, 2013 19:33

It would have to be different for there to be any buzz about it. There'd have to be some participation by Mick T and Bill to generate much fan interest. Unless Keith is relentlessly working every day to get his guitar playing up to snuff, it's going to be tired, slashing retro Berryish riffs. His voice has gone from charmingly ragged to past Dylan listenable croak.

No one is excited by another album with Daryyl as bassist. People have basically given up the the idea of the bass on a Rolling Stones record doing anything to enhance the song. The sound of how Charlie's drums are recorded need to be softened. Quit trying to make him sound like Steve Jordan.

The problem for many years is that the Stones sound lacks sensitivity. All that crash and slash needed Bill to round it out. I guess what I'm trying to say is that they don't need to make another album if it's going to be the same old, same old. Jack White could update their guitar sound, but I don't if he could help them create music that touches our hearts anymore. That ship might have sailed.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 13, 2013 19:35

Please don't do an all blues album. Thank you.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 13, 2013 20:11

GumbootCloggeroo
Please don't do an all blues album. Thank you.

+1

Posted by: HearTheWindHowl ()
Date: February 13, 2013 20:30

I like the thought of getting a new album by THE STONES. And I totally agree, that it would be very nice, if Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman could participate in this project, too! But then, they should play on a number of songs and not only on one or two of the recordings. Oh, how I wish that Brian,Nicky & Stu could be on it, too!

Posted by: finn ()
Date: February 13, 2013 21:23

I would say go back to the roots make an blues album!!! with MT & BW

Date: February 13, 2013 21:26

hot stuff
RIGHT ON!!

I agree. Please bring Bill and Mick back and work on putting out a album
we can all love...
Most of us want a NEW Stones album...

WE WANT THE STONES......................................................

That would be fantastic, but I sense, in the case of Bill, they are probably more concerned about hurting Daryl's feelings than many of us might realize.

Date: February 13, 2013 21:28

Ladykiller
hot stuff

we can all love...

YES!!! Please do a new Album with Bill & Mick T, which is followed by your Farewell World Tour as a 6-piece-band!!!

Once again, that would be fantastic, but not realistic.

Date: February 13, 2013 21:34

24FPS
It would have to be different for there to be any buzz about it. There'd have to be some participation by Mick T and Bill to generate much fan interest. Unless Keith is relentlessly working every day to get his guitar playing up to snuff, it's going to be tired, slashing retro Berryish riffs. His voice has gone from charmingly ragged to past Dylan listenable croak.

No one is excited by another album with Daryyl as bassist. People have basically given up the the idea of the bass on a Rolling Stones record doing anything to enhance the song. The sound of how Charlie's drums are recorded need to be softened. Quit trying to make him sound like Steve Jordan.

The problem for many years is that the Stones sound lacks sensitivity. All that crash and slash needed Bill to round it out. I guess what I'm trying to say is that they don't need to make another album if it's going to be the same old, same old. Jack White could update their guitar sound, but I don't if he could help them create music that touches our hearts anymore. That ship might have sailed.

It all comes down to motivation. That's where we come in! To "light a fire" underneath them!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 13, 2013 21:45

Ladykiller
hot stuff

we can all love...

Don'T forget to bring on Brian.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 13, 2013 22:02

Don't forget what matters nost, above production, musician line-up or artistic direction.

GOOD SONGWRITING.

An all-blues album? Yawn, no thanks. The Rolling Stones aren't a blues band. They're a rock and roll band... with a HELL of a catalouge of good ORIGINAL songs. Throw a dart at anything they composed from 1968-1973... we can all agree how AMAZING they were.

We know that it's very hard to reach these heights again... but just once, Dear Rolling Stones, please put out something that makes us believe that you actually tried.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 13, 2013 22:05

I think Mick and Keith should also let Ronnie show up in the songwriting sessions, and possibly Mick Taylor too. Be a BAND, not session players for 1 control freak and 1 unmotivated pirate.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 13, 2013 22:11

"Message To The Rolling Stones: Fans Want New Songs/Album!"

Remember the last time (if ever you did) make a demand of your Grandpa or Grandma in such a fashion? Remember where they told you to go?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 13, 2013 22:13

If the band is meeting next month to discuss concert plans for 2013, which are expected to commence this summer, there will be no time to write, record, mix, package, and release a new full album of original material to tour behind. Besides, they are still to be performing under the "50 and Counting" banner. If there is to be a new album at all, expect it toward the end of 2014 at the earliest.

Date: February 13, 2013 22:17

JumpinJackOLantern
Jimmy Miller is somewhere out there smiling.

Out where?

James "Jimmy" Miller (23 March 1942 - 22 October 1994) was a Brooklyn, New York-born record producer and musician....

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: February 13, 2013 22:24

Indeed, we do want another album of new material from this band.

Darryl Jones is fine with me, though. Just don't keep him on a leash, creatively that is.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 13, 2013 22:31

Let's face it, it's a dysfunctional band. The band's songwriting duo hates each others guts. They can't be in the same room for more than one or two days at a time.
They are separate entities more than a functional band. A business corporation so to speak. The creativity is gone.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: February 13, 2013 23:42

New album? Yeh, it could be great but in all likelihood we'd get A Bigger Bang Part 2. I'd buy whatever they put out but you can gaurentee that the day it was released the IORR intellectual elite would tear it apart and pronounce it to be a dud.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 13, 2013 23:54

BlackHat
New album? Yeh, it could be great but in all likelihood we'd get A Bigger Bang Part 2. I'd buy whatever they put out but you can gaurentee that the day it was released the IORR intellectual elite would tear it apart and pronounce it to be a dud.

Hell no, why the other day, I just about to spin Loving Cup when I realized Don't Stop would hit the spot so much better.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 14, 2013 00:05

[b
BlackHat[/b]]

Intellectual elite? What's intellectual about hearing bad Stones music? You feel it in your gut or you don't.

jamesfdouglas - An all-blues album? Yawn, no thanks. The Rolling Stones aren't a blues band. They're a rock and roll band...

Since when? They're a pop band. On any given day they've been an R&B band, a ballad band, a blues band, an Elizabethan band, an electric folk band, a psychedelic band, a country & western band, a reggae band, a disco band, an electonica band a jazzy band, a hard rock band, and just about any kind of band except polka. That 'Greatest Rock & Roll Band In The World' was just for marketing. They weren't any better at rock and roll than Led Zeppelin. But 'The World's Greatest Chameleon Pop Group' doesn't sell as well. But that's what they are.

Date: February 14, 2013 02:25

stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern

Out where?

James "Jimmy" Miller (23 March 1942 - 22 October 1994) was a Brooklyn, New York-born record producer and musician....

What do you think I meant by "somewhere out there"?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 14, 2013 04:32

JumpingjakOlantern - I'd love a new album as well but does anyone here really think the Stones read this board?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 14, 2013 04:34

the question is simple: can they do better than Doom & Gloom and One Last Shot?

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: February 14, 2013 04:41

I'm wanting a new album by this band this year. You don't get to this point now and let it fall apart...keep rockin' guys!!

Date: February 14, 2013 04:56

JumpinJackOLantern
stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern

Out where?

What do you think I meant by "somewhere out there"?

Out in the desert, out on the town, out on an errand, somewhere out "there", "there" being a definite point of place in 3-dimensional time and space--because the realm beyond physical existence is a nonlocalized sub-quantum holographic thought-form dimension that is neither here nor "there"....

The physical realm.

The quantum realm.

The astral realm.

The ethereal realm.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: February 14, 2013 05:41

No time for a new lp before June tour,,,4 months is not enough time to get the job done right.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 14, 2013 05:52

I second that emotion

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1752
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home