Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hole...Celebrity Skin
Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: February 18, 2013 13:29

Hey Guys...
Anyone know the meaning behind the strong water/drowning theme in this CD??
This is one CD I cant live without!!
Thanks Guys!

Re: Hole...Celebrity Skin
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 18, 2013 16:12

Don't know, but love this album. It got them a short-lived popularity, but alienated their core fanbase. I saw them in a small club in Japan with Melissa Auf de Maur on bass. They were a great band at the time. Too bad it all slipped away.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 18, 2013 18:38

Awesome album. Courtney's band is really rocking here. I saw her and her awesome band on this tour, and they were awesome (Samantha Maloney YOU ROCK!!!). I guess I view this as another sliver in time band, 2-3 great albums and thne gone... like when Jefferson Starship was awesome for 2-3 albums. A sliver of time when it all came together for CL and with Billy Corgan doing some great writing they hit a grand slam home run.

I dont care what kind of nut she may be, or how horrible of a mother they say she may be or any the other stupid stupid stuff that gets said about her (or waht she does), I focus on the music, ESP when I see it live and it is AWESOME, and it was.... heck I even like her follow up album... and then she "went away"... but enough talk... let the music do the talkin...

ah heck, the whole album is great, let it spin....

1. Celebrity Skin [0:00]
2. Awful [02:42]
3. Hit So Hard [05:58]
4. Malibu [09:59]
5. Reasons To Be Beautiful [13:49]
6. Dying [19:09]
7. Use Once & Destroy [22:54]
8. Northern Star [27:58]
9. Boys on the Radio [32:57]
10. Heaven Tonight [38:06]
11. Playing Your Song [41:37]
12. Petals [44:59]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-18 19:07 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 18, 2013 19:03

Hole put out one good album, Pretty On The Inside before becoming another crummy trendhopping pop band.

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: February 18, 2013 22:13

Max'sKansasCity
Awesome album. Courtney's band is really rocking here. I saw her and her awesome band on this tour, and they were awesome (Samantha Maloney YOU ROCK!!!). I guess I view this as another sliver in time band, 2-3 great albums and thne gone... like when Jefferson Starship was awesome for 2-3 albums. A sliver of time when it all came together for CL and with Billy Corgan doing some great writing they hit a grand slam home run.

I dont care what kind of nut she may be, or how horrible of a mother they say she may be or any the other stupid stupid stuff that gets said about her (or waht she does), I focus on the music, ESP when I see it live and it is AWESOME, and it was.... heck I even like her follow up album... and then she "went away"... but enough talk... let the music do the talkin...

ah heck, the whole album is great, let it spin....

1. Celebrity Skin [0:00]
2. Awful [02:42]
3. Hit So Hard [05:58]
4. Malibu [09:59]
5. Reasons To Be Beautiful [13:49]
6. Dying [19:09]
7. Use Once & Destroy [22:54]
8. Northern Star [27:58]
9. Boys on the Radio [32:57]
10. Heaven Tonight [38:06]
11. Playing Your Song [41:37]
12. Petals [44:59]

Awesome post Max!

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: February 18, 2013 22:55

Live Through This is a perfect record. All others? Well...IMO, the debut is rough and nasty, but has it's moments; Celebrity Skin is a pop record...fine if that's what you are into. The most recent "Hole" album, really a solo album pretenting to be a Hole album, is absolutly shite..worst album I have ever purchased. Please for the love of God, do not buy Nobody's Daughter.

Date: February 18, 2013 23:19

68to72

Awesome post Max!

Thanks 68to72smiling smiley
smileys with beer

Date: February 19, 2013 03:38

Thanks to all for your great replies!
Still don't know the theme meaning but Thank You Folks!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 19, 2013 03:48

can't comment on the theme, sorry.

However, I love both Live Thru This & Celebrity Skin ... 2 great albums! Although one of my favorite Hole tracks is on neither of these, the awesome Drown Soda:

Date: February 19, 2013 03:57

WOW...Fantastic! Thanks LeonidP!!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 19, 2013 06:03

When I first saw this on Request Video in 1991 I thought it was just about the greatest thing I had ever heard. Felt about the same way in 1992 when my friend hooked me up with a bootleg demo with an early version of Violet. Was consistently underwhelmed by just about anything else that followed until I stopped paying attention.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 19, 2013 06:21

What a fantastic album - I was just talking about it with a friend this past weekend, saying how I can't stand anything Corgan's been involved with except Celebrity Skin.

I haven't spun it in years. That will change right now. Thanks for the reminder!

Date: February 19, 2013 06:41

JuanTCB
What a fantastic album - I was just talking about it with a friend this past weekend, saying how I can't stand anything Corgan's been involved with except Celebrity Skin.

I haven't spun it in years. That will change right now. Thanks for the reminder!

It really is a good album, a blend of a lot of sounds, it is not all pop sounding, although I like it all... I have been re-listening a couple of times today, I guess I have a lil Jeff Beck in me because I have always loooooovvvvveed hearing great female rock and roll singers sing rock and roll, they are awesome... from Crissy to Joan to Stevie to Lita to Courtney... all of them.

moar moar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-19 06:46 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 19, 2013 17:02

Max'sKansasCity
JuanTCB

It really is a good album, a blend of a lot of sounds, it is not all pop sounding, although I like it all... I have been re-listening a couple of times today, I guess I have a lil Jeff Beck in me because I have always loooooovvvvveed hearing great female rock and roll singers sing rock and roll, they are awesome... from Crissy to Joan to Stevie to Lita to Courtney... all of them.

moar moar

Max I couldn't agree with you more...and don't forget PJ Harvey!!!!!!!!

Date: February 19, 2013 19:35

Cheers ChrisO smileys with beer Rock and Roll

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: February 19, 2013 21:16

hole has a typical grunge career. debut/greatalbum/major. they´re all ok and have great moments. but that was. don´t count the last cd, its a hole fake.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home