Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fleetwood Mac- bit of Stones content
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 2, 2013 18:01

Last week I spoke with Lindsay Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Mick Fleetwood about their up coming tour - this is a piece of video from our chat - I asked Mick about the upcoming 50th FM anniv.in a couple of years and asked if he might do what the Stones did in bringing back original players...

[www.spinner.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-02 18:01 by hbwriter.

Re: Fleetwood Mac- bit of Stones content
Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 2, 2013 18:24

Nice video clip, Chris - good job with the interview! Hope to see them at Staples Center in July.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 2, 2013 21:27

"I asked Mick about the upcoming 50th FM anniv.in a couple of years and asked if he might do what the Stones did in bringing back original players... "

Here's a couple of the original players.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 2, 2013 21:35

Great post and interview............thanks hbwriter

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 2, 2013 22:44

........yeap the Deluxe Rumours is out ... [www.amazon.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 2, 2013 23:14

Players only love you when they're playing.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 2, 2013 23:17

Nice interview Chris. thumbs up

Date: February 3, 2013 02:21

thanks, all

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 3, 2013 02:27

Christine is to Fleetwood Mac as to what Don Felder is to the Eagles. The ambience they add to the overall sound is so clearly missing without them.

Date: February 3, 2013 06:58

shadooby
Christine is to Fleetwood Mac as to what Don Felder is to the Eagles. The ambience they add to the overall sound is so clearly missing without them.

wrong its lindsay buckingham who is the cog in the fleetwood mac gear. his underrated guitar playing and production gives the band the sound that most fans are familiar with. also his quirky songs even out the albums between stevie nicks gypsy sounding tunes and christine mcvie's soul/r&b influenced ballads. look how hard the first fleetwood mac studio album without buckingham flopped. it was called behind the mask. didn't even go platinum even though it still have c mcvie, j mcvie, nicks and fleetwood in the band. btw yes i know there are pre 1975 fleetwood mac albums without buckingham but i meant behind the mask was the first album without him since he joined.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 3, 2013 11:38

"

My favorite of the Buckingham era!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 3, 2013 17:33

Very nice interview hbwriter, I'm really looking forward to seeing them on tour this year.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: February 3, 2013 21:05

Funnily enough i've just been listening to Fleetwood Mac - Peter Green and Danny Kirwan era. All credit to the band for carrying on,re-inventing themselves and succeeding but for my money the Green-era is among the finest of any band,anywhere at any time. What a shame that Peter and Danny got into such deep personal difficulty.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 3, 2013 21:35

I´d vote for The Chain:

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 5, 2013 11:12

Nice interview !

Pretty excited about that extendend Rumours release and about the tour...too bad that they couldn't convince CMV to come back though, I would have been there in a rush! Do they play her songs witout her like the terrific YMLFun?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: February 5, 2013 13:03

A band I would have loved to see live anytime before 1984. Many bootlegs from that era
are really great. I agree Buckingham adds some good work, but I am kind of allergic
for his stage presentation.
But musically he was doing (Oh) well. I really can't listen to bootlegs from the 1987-88 tour
with Billy Burnett and Rick Vito.

I somehow wished the Stones would have considered John McVie as a bass player, to follow
up Bill Wyman. He's a tasteful player with a nice blues background.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 5, 2013 17:49

gotdablouse
Nice interview !

Pretty excited about that extendend Rumours release and about the tour...too bad that they couldn't convince CMV to come back though, I would have been there in a rush! Do they play her songs witout her like the terrific YMLFun?

They did 'Don't Stop' and 'World Turning' (co-written with Lindsey) on the last two tours without her (2003-04 and 2009), and added 'Say You Love Me' in '09 with Stevie and Lindsey alternating lead vocals.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: February 5, 2013 20:33

From Ultimate Classic Rock:

Mick Fleetwood Says Christine McVie May Rejoin Fleetwood Mac
by Dave Lifton

Since leaving Fleetwood Mac in 1998, Christine McVie has stayed close with the band, but refused all attempts to rejoin the group, largely due to her fear of flying. However, that might be changing. In a new interview, titular drummer Mick Fleetwood said that he is doing his best to lure her back into the fold for their upcoming tour.

“I’m seeing Chris here in London before I leave,” he told the English tabloid the Sun. “And even though she loathes flying and she’s never been back to the United States since the day she left, she is getting on a plane and flying to Hawaii with me. I’m going to hold her hand all the way, even if I have to handcuff it.”

This contradicts McVie’s own words from last month, where the keyboardist/singer said she was content to be out of the spotlight. And both Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, independently of each other, admitted that her return was unlikely, but Fleetwood is hoping that being around her old bandmates will rekindle the desire to get back on stage with them.

“She’s going to come and stay for three weeks in Maui,” he continued. “I’m getting goosebumps just thinking about it. John’s going to come over from Honolulu to see her and then she’s going to L.A. to see Stevie, who misses her terribly and is really excited to see her. But it’ll be her decision. But we’d make her very welcome if she wanted to creep on that stage again.”

Even if McVie decides against a return to the road, she will have the opportunity to see them. The band announced five shows today (Feb. 4) in the U.K. and Ireland in September and October, with tickets going on sale Saturday (Feb. 8).

Fleetwood Mac 2013 U.K. Tour

9/20 – Dublin, Ireland
9/24 – London, England
9/29 – Birmingham, England
10/1 – Manchester, England
10/3 – Glasgow, Scotland

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 5, 2013 21:57

Personally I'd love to see Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer play with them again, even though Peter is not the player he was.(Anyone heard Spencer lately) When I met and spoke with Mick Fleetwood a few years back, he was very keen to make it happen...

Date: February 5, 2013 23:03

Hopefully that trip to Maui (heaven on hearth if I've ever seen it!) will indeed change her mind. They'll sell at least one more ticket for their upcoming tour!

Thanks Jah Paul, pretty meagre, but probably best to not play her songs without her, unlike Supertramp with Hodgson's songs...

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 6, 2013 05:43

Rockman

yep...disk 2 seems to be the same as the previous (2004) reissue. I listened to the live stuff on RS magazines site...sounds good.
may have seen the doc....back in the day. since i have the 2004 reissue...guess i'll wait for it to show up on youtube.

(nice job Chris)

IORR............but I like it!

Date: February 6, 2013 07:10

sweet neo con
Rockman

yep...disk 2 seems to be the same as the previous (2004) reissue. I listened to the live stuff on RS magazines site...sounds good.
may have seen the doc....back in the day. since i have the 2004 reissue...guess i'll wait for it to show up on youtube.

(nice job Chris)

there is a 3 cd set of Rumours that contains the album, the live stuff and 1 disc of unreleased outtakes. the 4 cd/1dvd set adds the 2004 disc of outtakes plus a dvd

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-06 07:10 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: February 6, 2013 11:27

ChrisM
Personally I'd love to see Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer play with them again, even though Peter is not the player he was.(Anyone heard Spencer lately) When I met and spoke with Mick Fleetwood a few years back, he was very keen to make it happen...
I heard a bit of Jeremy's recent playing and he sounded pretty good.He could certainly participate and come out with great credit if he was willing to do it. Unfortunately i don't get the impression that Peter can really do it anymore which is desperately sad as i think he may have been the finest guitarist of his generation. I saw him twice in the last decade and it broke my heart although in fairness the second time he seemed really happy and up for it. I'm very sad to say that i can't see him pulling a Brian Wilson so to speak.
There has been no news of Danny Kirwan for a long long time but i think his participation is out of the question. Last i heard he was getting looked after a bit better and not sleeping rough or in a hostel but i don't know for sure. I saw him a few years ago in Covent Garden. He didn't look well and i really didn't want to freak him out by saying hi etc.
I've said it before on this board and others - that Green/Kirwan combination was the best we ever had, better than Keef and Mick T or anyone you care to name. Danny was even under consideration for the Stones at one point (possibly when MT left). In the words of the late great Reg Presley i wish we could sprinkle some magic fairy dust and make it all better but sadly the story of Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac is one of personal tragedy. The live tapes that survive (around 60 to 70 concerts) are testament to this band's greatness. It's a shame they can't receive a wider audience because it seems that apart from those in the know they are largely forgotten by the general public.
What would the Buckingham/Nicks crowd make of them at a 50th anniversary concert ?
They probably wouldn't even know who they are. Their legacy has been completely overshadowed by the Rumours line-up who by the way i am not dissing. Can you imagine the Stones going on to greater success without Mick and Keith or The Beatles without John and Paul. That's what Fleetwood Mac did and all credit to them. I know the situation regarding Peter/Danny is something that bothers Mick Fleetwood and John McVie to this day. They know what they lost and it still hurts.
Have i cheered you all up ?

Date: February 6, 2013 11:41

This is a band I really grew to appreciate in last years. Probably has something to do with age. LOL To call Lindsey a 'secret weapon' is a understatement. It is obvious he is the production genius behind their popular sound. Still - the best original writing comes from the two ladies. A great team, those guys.
One of favorite entertainment for me and my girlfriend is to watch LB, and to laugh our heads off. I respect all he does but he is just so idiotic and goofy. In interviews he is so full of himself, and that weird stuff he does on stage. There is a concert video of them in recent years, where they have a big jam at the end (might be "Chain" or "Go Your Own Way") and he and Stevie act out this fight and reconciliation, which is one strange piece of theatre; confused smiley

Oh, but always - GREAT job Chris.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-06 11:41 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: February 6, 2013 16:21

ash
I've said it before on this board and others - that Green/Kirwan combination was the best we ever had, better than Keef and Mick T or anyone you care to name. Danny was even under consideration for the Stones at one point (possibly when MT left). In the words of the late great Reg Presley i wish we could sprinkle some magic fairy dust and make it all better but sadly the story of Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac is one of personal tragedy. The live tapes that survive (around 60 to 70 concerts) are testament to this band's greatness. It's a shame they can't receive a wider audience because it seems that apart from those in the know they are largely forgotten by the general public.

Was that captured on official live albums?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 6, 2013 17:49

Maybe Christine could start a band with Bill Wyman.

Date: February 6, 2013 18:10

Check out the Boston Box set from the 1970 shows or you should be able to find and download a set called Underway which is a bbc live concert recorded a few weeks before Green left. Stunning stuff.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: February 6, 2013 19:34

Ticket Sale -GERMANY- IS ON

[www.eventim.de]-[Ticketalarm_2013]

KÖLN - LANXESS arena - So, 06.10.13, 19:00 Uhr - Tickets ab € 47,50

STUTTGART - Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle - Mo, 14.10.13, 20:00 Uhr - Tickets ab € 51,80

BERLIN - o2 World Berlin - Mi, 16.10.13, 20:00 Uhr - Tickets ab € 51,65

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-06 23:20 by satisfaction2.

Date: February 6, 2013 19:38

to add- i have a bunch more footage with these three from this late night - most impressive to me is the energy and intensity they put into how they answer things - nothing is phoned in - they take the process seriously which is a nice thing to witness

Date: February 7, 2013 02:11

ash
Check out the Boston Box set from the 1970 shows or you should be able to find and download a set called Underway which is a bbc live concert recorded a few weeks before Green left. Stunning stuff.

Thanks, can't seem to track down working links for Underway but will keep trying!

Paris prices : 51,00 € à 89,50 €, so a peg below the Who and with that poster, little hope of a return of CMV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home