Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT - Songs you would jump over chairs to run across the room and turn OFF if they came on the radio
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2010 06:17

....what's that dylan thing .... Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum ..... gotta leave the room

ROCKMAN

Re: OT - Songs you would jump over chairs to run across the room and turn OFF if they came on the radio
Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 29, 2010 06:18

Start Me Up

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 29, 2010 07:04

Any hint of Nickelback and that annoying voice.

Jagger and Bowie "Dancing In The Streets"

Anything by Martha and the Vandellas (another annoying voice)

The Beginning of the Beatles "Revolution"

Dave Matthews

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 29, 2010 09:14

When I hear 'I want to hold your hand' or 'Tweedle dee tweedle dum' I run and jump over chairs to turn it louder...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2010 09:38

Oh dear ComeOn you should really consider settin' up ya stereo up in an empty room....

ROCKMAN

Date: December 29, 2010 10:26

"Tweedle-dee Dee—he’s on his hands and his knees
Saying, “Throw me somethin’, Mister, please”
“What’s good for you is good for me”
Says Tweedle-dee Dum to Tweedle-dee Dee"

2 1 2 0

Date: December 29, 2010 11:57

Most songs mentioned are still rocksongs; there are very few songs where I would actually jump up and turn off a radio. Now where I would turn it off is that pseudo-diva screeching that goes for signing these days in R&B genre. And I don't even mean the inane scales so much, as these high literally screeching sounds that some people see as the culmination of the song.
It's the Michael Bolton syndrome; just completly wrong on so many levels.

Date: December 29, 2010 12:07

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 29, 2010 12:17

You are all going to get so fit and healthy with all this running around and leaping over chairs...

Most of the big "diva" songs have me reaching for the off switch - Celine Dion, Barbara Streisand, Whitney Houston etc.

Date: December 29, 2010 12:19

Streisand eye popping smiley

Posted by: jeff14 ()
Date: December 29, 2010 12:39

If I never had to hear Free Fallin', Don't Stop Believin', or The Logical Song that would be alright

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: December 29, 2010 12:48

Don't Stop Believing, a song which makes me hate the very concept of music
anything by Green Day, Sublime, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Blink 182

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 29, 2010 17:20

tatters
Pretty much anything by Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, or Bruce Springsteen.

I would also add to this list anything by Queen, except maybe the guitar at the end of We Will Rock You. But don't tell me about some Queen album I'm sure to love. I'm not interested in searching out the best music of an artist I have no use for. If there actually is such a thing as a listenable Queen album, I don't want to know about it.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 30, 2010 02:42

Anything by the beetels

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 30, 2010 02:45

'Living On A Prayer' makes my piles bleed.

And I dont even have piles.

Date: December 30, 2010 02:50

tatters
tatters

I would also add to this list anything by Queen, except maybe the guitar at the end of We Will Rock You. But don't tell me about some Queen album I'm sure to love. I'm not interested in searching out the best music of an artist I have no use for. If there actually is such a thing as a listenable Queen album, I don't want to know about it.

Hmm. "Allowed" to dislike Queen on this site. (Which I agree, super overratefd) But DO NOT DARE say you dislike the beetles

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 30, 2010 02:53

stoned in washington dc
sweet neocon!

+1 absolutely

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 30, 2010 02:55

My list is pure sacrilege.

Proud Mary by CCR
Start Me Up
anything by Aerosmith
all that Boston/Styx shit
and so many others due to overexposure by "classic rock" stations.

I actually like the more kitshy stuff they play on an independent oldies station in Liberty, Texas.
I have fond memories of Helen Reddy, Melissa Manchester etc.....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 30, 2010 02:55

mickscarey
tatters
tatters

Hmm. "Allowed" to dislike Queen on this site. (Which I agree, super overratefd) But DO NOT DARE say you dislike the beetles

You got a point here Mickscary..............and not disliking the Beatles is also OK....but in the other thread you just said they aren't any good and that's not OK because if you aren't any good you don't sell records.

Date: December 30, 2010 03:03

Wrong. They "sell" because of "mass appeal". Duhhhhhh. They are watered down muzik that appeals to a lot. Sort of like bon jovi. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Thye are safe!

GET IT NOW?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 30, 2010 03:11

I give up.............

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: December 30, 2010 04:22

Meet Virginia (not sure of the band, but horrible), Streets of Love, Let's Work, War Baby, Radio Control (jagger). Let Em In, Pipes of Peace, So Bad, Don't Listen to What the Man Says, McCartney. Anything from the last Who album or from Townsend's "All the Bets Cowboys...." album. Anything from Sonic Youth, or Lenny Kravitz. Anything from Fishbone. Anything Bily Joel released after 1982 or so. Anything from Tin Machine or Bowie's Glass Spider Album. So many more.

Date: December 30, 2010 05:01

Anything from Sonic Youth??

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 30, 2010 05:59

custom55
MacArthur Park ( Someone left the cake out in the rain ) ?!?!?
I think I'm Turning Japanese - ?!?!?!
I am Women - ?!?!?!?
Hey Jude --- na na na na na na ?!?!?!?!?
Any song with someone whistling

I am sorry, but to put Hey Jude and the brilliant MacArthur Park in this category is just shameful, especially compared to music of the last 15 or so years. There are plenty of more barf-worthy candidates to pick from. I would start with anything from Guns 'n Roses, Limp Bizkit or the Black Eyed Peas, for example, and about 80% of self-aggrandizing hip-hop.

Hey Jude and MacArthur Park were mini symphonies disguised as 45 rpm singles.

Yes, someone left the cake out in the rain, goddamit.

Date: December 30, 2010 05:59

Rockman
....what's that dylan thing .... Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum ..... gotta leave the room

yeah, I love the Bob, but not a favorite...

Date: December 30, 2010 06:03

mickscarey
Wrong. They "sell" because of "mass appeal". Duhhhhhh. They are watered down muzik that appeals to a lot. Sort of like bon jovi. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Thye are safe!

GET IT NOW?

No, you're the one who doesn't get it. The rest of the world pretty much does. They weren't safe at the time they were together. They revolutionized popular music and culture, as well as recording technique and songwriting. They created the template others followed. They were both popular and revolutionary at the same time. Dislike their music if you like, but your continued attacks on them only expose your ignorance, sorry to say.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 30, 2010 09:34

Anything by the Eagles...Journey...Kansas...Bon Jovi...REM...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 30, 2010 09:37

Anything by Springsteen.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 30, 2010 12:16

I wasn't going to participate in this thread, as my "picks" might offend somebody, but the 3 artists that comes first to mind is;
Coldplay, REM and Pearl Jam.

I think it's the singers that makes it completely unbearable for me....it's like if they're crying for pity and want you to feel sorry for them.....well, it's a bit different with Pearl Jam, compared to the other 2..... but I can't stand Eddie Vedder's voice. It's all just a personal opinion....don't mean to make the Pearl Jam fans on this board weep..

After those 3.....well, there's the obvious ones; Bon Jovi, Green Day, Kiss, etc.....but they don't make me fueled with hatred as much as the 3 first mentioned ones.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-30 12:39 by Erik_Snow.

Date: December 30, 2010 15:00

man the eagles newest album LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN was easily better than anything the stones have done since the 80's

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home