Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick and L'wren as Gomez and Morticia Addams
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: January 20, 2013 06:47

Georgia Mae had a costume party for her 21st last night

L'wren obviously likes gorilla feathers. So does Mick.

Re: Mick and L'wren as Gomez and Morticia Addams
Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: January 20, 2013 10:29

Is Mick standing in a hole?

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: January 20, 2013 10:56

lazzzybones

1) its called "the last laugh". L'Wren was routinely and cruely referred to by
stones fanboys as "morticia" and "lurch" when she first appeared on the scene.

2) the difference in height was how the characters were originally drawn in
The New Yorker mag...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 20, 2013 12:10

Nice pictures. Thanks for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 20, 2013 17:01

That's hysterical...great they don't take themselves so seriously.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 20, 2013 17:09

Did she twitter that again?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 20, 2013 17:11

He can't find time for more than five concerts in five years time but he spends an infinite amount of time on masquerades and other child plays. There's Peter Pan for you!

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: January 20, 2013 17:14

jagger does not live for concerts only,he knows how to have good time away from the stones,good luck to him.

Date: January 20, 2013 17:23

Stoneage
He can't find time for more than five concerts in five years time but he spends an infinite amount of time on masquerades and other child plays. There's Peter Pan for you!

yes, making time for your children is such a waste of time.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 20, 2013 17:40

He looks like Dylan.

Date: January 20, 2013 18:09

Koen
He looks like Dylan.

bravo!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 20, 2013 18:45

Querida...

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: January 20, 2013 19:43

Great idea - although the ultimate fun would have been to masquerade as Popeye and Olive...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 20, 2013 19:46

They look adorable, love the picture, thanks superrevvy.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 20, 2013 19:47

treaclefingers
Stoneage

Yeah. Where does he get off having a life?!?!? Get on the stage and dance for us monkey!!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 20, 2013 20:10

NoCode0680
treaclefingers
Stoneage

Yeah. Where does he get off having a life?!?!? Get on the stage and dance for us monkey!!!

I'm not asking for a miracle. But he spends 5 weeks out of 260 (5 years) touring. If he spent 55 weeks more on touring with the Stones he would still have 200 weeks over to spend with his family and on social media.
Sure, it's his choice but you can hardly blame him for being overambitious.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 20, 2013 20:13

Jagger should have been Morticia and L'Wren should have been Lurch.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 20, 2013 20:16

Wednesday Addams and Lurch channeling James Brown...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: January 20, 2013 21:17

Stoneage
NoCode0680
treaclefingers
Stoneage

I'm not asking for a miracle. But he spends 5 weeks out of 260 (5 years) touring. If he spent 55 weeks more on touring with the Stones he would still have 200 weeks over to spend with his family and on social media.
Stop being so selfish, Stoneage.

Date: January 20, 2013 21:24

Stoneage
NoCode0680
treaclefingers
Stoneage

Most people would be retired well before age 69, it's pretty good we even got those.

Date: January 20, 2013 22:33

NoCode0680
Stoneage
NoCode0680
treaclefingers
Stoneage

Most people would be retired well before age 69, it's pretty good we even got those.

And, he's far from retired...just because he only did the 5 shows with the Stones doesn't mean he wasn't doing other things...whether you liked them or not. Superheavy, the exile and some girls deluxe recordings/mixing, Crossfire Hurricane, SNL, Grammy's just off the top of my head.

I think most of us understand the biggest problem in getting the band to perform this year was getting them up to par, that also took some time and effort.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: January 21, 2013 04:03

Stoneage

This has to be one of the more asinine comments I have ever read on a message board...period.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 21, 2013 04:07

stupidguy2
Stoneage

This has to be one of the more asinine comments I have ever read on a message board...period.

Well stupidguy2, haven't we all said something stupid occasionally?

Date: January 21, 2013 04:15

treaclefingers
NoCode0680
Stoneage
NoCode0680
treaclefingers
Stoneage

And, he's far from retired...just because he only did the 5 shows with the Stones doesn't mean he wasn't doing other things...whether you liked them or not. Superheavy, the exile and some girls deluxe recordings/mixing, Crossfire Hurricane, SNL, Grammy's just off the top of my head.

I think most of us understand the biggest problem in getting the band to perform this year was getting them up to par, that also took some time and effort.

I didn't say he was retired. Let me try this again. Most people his age are retired, so be thankful they performed any shows at all.

Would I have liked to see more shows? Sure, who wouldn't. But I'm not going to give the guy shit about it. He's been performing for 50 years, I think he's earned the right to live his life the way he wants to. I'm half Mick's age and don't even have enough energy to do half the shit he does.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: January 21, 2013 05:43

Guess he does have a sense of humor after all.

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: January 21, 2013 07:33

superrevvy
lazzzybones

The New Yorker mag...

...so L'wren isn't a foot taller than Mick then?

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 21, 2013 12:18

He looks kind of Dylanesque there in his moustache.

Date: January 21, 2013 16:02

NoCode0680
treaclefingers
NoCode0680
Stoneage
NoCode0680
treaclefingers
Stoneage

I didn't say he was retired. Let me try this again. Most people his age are retired, so be thankful they performed any shows at all.

Would I have liked to see more shows? Sure, who wouldn't. But I'm not going to give the guy shit about it. He's been performing for 50 years, I think he's earned the right to live his life the way he wants to. I'm half Mick's age and don't even have enough energy to do half the shit he does.

Yes I understood and was agreeing with you...your saying most people retire by 65 and my agreeing saying and he's FAR from retired. smileys with beer

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: January 23, 2013 17:30

superrevvy
lazzzybones

The New Yorker mag...

The illustrator forgot Cousin It & Thing:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2733
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home