Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Four NME award nominations for the Stones
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 21, 2013 23:18

Re: Four NME award nominations for the Stones
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 21, 2013 23:21

Cool, before it gets lost in the internet void :

The Stones garner four NME Awards nominations – Vote for the band to win!

The Rolling Stones have been nominated for four NME Awards:
Best Live Act
Best Music Film for Crossfire Hurricane
Best Book for The Rolling Stones: 50
Music Moment of the Year for their 50 & Counting performances at London’s O2 Arena.

You can vote for the Rolling Stones to win these awards here.

Mick Jagger said: “It’s very nice to be nominated. When I first heard it was four things, I thought, ‘Ooh, blimey! That’s very nice!’” And it’s not a journalists-only thing, it’s not a coterie of closely-knit people choosing. It’s funny, because when we were rehearsing at Wembley Arena last year, it was where we used to do the NME Pollwinners. We remembered, it was the first time we ever played ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, at one of those Pollwinners concerts!”
Keith Richards said: “The London shows were a real kick in the pants for us…after being off the road for five years, we were having a ball up there…it was great to play with Bill again, to look round and see the man-mountain there was quite a turn on, and Mick Taylor playing his arse off, it was a real joy to play together again.”
Ronnie Wood said: “It’s great to be nominated by NME for such prestigious categories. We are all absolutely delighted”

As for voting, err...it looks like the Stones office confused January 21st with January 31th !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-21 23:23 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 22, 2013 01:27

Odd, that you can play just two medium-sized shows in one venue all year and still be nominated by a major media outlet as best live act. That's like being given a [U.S.] Oscar nomination for a film that screens for 2 days in one town. James Brown used to be called the hardest working man in show business, but The Stones are being congratulated for being a hardly working band in show business.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-22 02:47 by stonehearted.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: January 22, 2013 02:06

stonehearted
Odd, that you can play just two medium-sized shows in one venue all year and still be nominated my a major media outlet as best live act. That's like being given a [U.S.] Oscar nomination for a film that screens for 2 days in one town. James Brown used to be called the hardest working man in show business, but The Stones are being congratulated for being a hardly working band in show business.
I agree. Best Live Act? Give me a break.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: January 22, 2013 04:36

Vote here:

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 22, 2013 09:37

Four nominations from the NME? Wow, is it 1965?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 22, 2013 09:48

stonehearted
Odd, that you can play just two medium-sized shows in one venue all year and still be nominated by a major media outlet as best live act. That's like being given a [U.S.] Oscar nomination for a film that screens for 2 days in one town. James Brown used to be called the hardest working man in show business, but The Stones are being congratulated for being a hardly working band in show business.

It's quality not quantity.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 22, 2013 12:22

Big Al
Four nominations from the NME? Wow, is it 1965?

Very cool indeed

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: January 22, 2013 12:50

The Stones has been nominated as; the world's most expensive band

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 22, 2013 13:48

I logged on just so I could vote for the Stones. There are a few idiotic categories and I didn't know who I was voting for in some of them, just picked who I thought looked like a winnner or loser.

But, what the heck, why shouldn't the Stones win? The whole thing is a manufactored popularity anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1396
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home