Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones as inspiration
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 13, 2013 18:55

I sometimes need motiviation to get me to work out. This morning I was thinking about what the Stones would say to me as I was struggling through my exercise class.
Mick would yell at me to move my lazy arse and quit complaining, Ronnie would be encouraging in a nice way - come on latebloomer, you can do it! Charlie would just shake his head at me like I was crazy, and I don't dare think about Keith or I'd just start laughing and quit, as I am sure he would cackle at me and then offer me a drink and a smoke.

So,do the Stones ever inspire you in a personal or professional way?

Re: Rolling Stones as inspiration
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: January 13, 2013 19:03

latebloomer

Mick would yell at me to move my lazy arse and quit complaining

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 13, 2013 19:09

latebloomer
I don't dare think about Keith or I'd just start laughing and quit, as I am sure he would cackle at me and then offer me a drink and a smoke.

Keith would have you sweatin' to the oldies !

Date: January 13, 2013 19:14

HAAAAAAAA! Great pics uhbuhgullayew and Edith Grove, now I'll never be able to work out without thinking of Mick's stern visage and Keith in those shorts!!! I'm still laughing...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 13, 2013 20:17

Bill Wyman would just want to photograph your legs.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 13, 2013 20:18

Just seeing those guys rock out in Brooklyn this past year at their age was inspiring to me.

Can't help but be inspired to move when I put on Can't You hear Me Knockin' at LOUD volume. That intro never fails. peace

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: January 13, 2013 20:28

just put start me up and start dancing,exercise for 30 mins is good for you plus like i play tennis 3/4 times a week if the weather is good or go and play squash
any exercise is good for you,i hate the gym,boring.

Date: January 13, 2013 21:22

kish_stoned
just put start me up and start dancing,exercise for 30 mins is good for you plus like i play tennis 3/4 times a week if the weather is good or go and play squash

You are obviously blessed with better co-ordination than me kish_stoned. Tennis would just stress me out, I can't get that dang ball to go where I want it to go. I like the gym, exercise class suits me fine and I love to dance. Just need some inspiration sometime to do those last 10 sit ups...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 13, 2013 22:00

the stones have inspired me to give up on them and seek out other avenues for musical entertainment. i thank them for that.

Date: January 13, 2013 22:18

StonesTod
the stones have inspired me to give up on them and seek out other avenues for musical entertainment. i thank them for that.

Pish..go away, before somebody drops a house on you.

Date: January 13, 2013 22:43

latebloomer
kish_stoned

You are obviously blessed with better co-ordination than me kish_stoned. Tennis would just stress me out, I can't get that dang ball to go where I want it to go. I like the gym, exercise class suits me fine and I love to dance. Just need some inspiration sometime to do those last 10 sit ups...

Hey bloomer, ever try ecstatic dance? I'm sure there are some venues for such wherever you are located. Some of the folks in my life are swearing by it. I have seen the positive results and changes it has made in quite a few lives.

I prefer surfing, windsurfing and kite boarding but have to admit that the ecstatic dance stuff can be GREAT exercise a alot of fun. peace

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 13, 2013 22:51

The inspiration I get from The Stones is their coolness..even 6 months after their 50th anniversary they're still got a bit mystery about them.smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 13, 2013 22:56

Naturalust
latebloomer
kish_stoned

Hey bloomer, ever try ecstatic dance? I'm sure there are some venues for such wherever you are located. Some of the folks in my life are swearing by it. I have seen the positive results and changes it has made in quite a few lives.

I prefer surfing, windsurfing and kite boarding but have to admit that the ecstatic dance stuff can be GREAT exercise a alot of fun. peace

I don't know naturalust...can't see me doing this one, I'm to much of a klutz. I'd bump into someone and giggle and then they'd all get mad at me. Same reason I don't do yoga, I get too distracted - just want to get in there, work my muscles, and get out. grinning smiley
Seriously, whatever works for people is fine by me...and you, my friend, are much more of a free spirit than I. You always seem to be up for trying anything, it's one of the things I admire about you.smiling smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 13, 2013 23:22

latebloomer
StonesTod

Pish..go away, before somebody drops a house on you.

you're on record as saying sometimes you love me. but, i think it's within reason to suggest this isn't one of those times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-13 23:28 by StonesTod.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 14, 2013 00:38

No sitting down on your butt, the world don't owe you.

Date: January 14, 2013 02:06

latebloomer
You always seem to be up for trying anything,

Thanks dear but you have no idea how much trouble that has got me into! There are some things which never should be tried, even once......lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home