Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Best Stones Album to play during heatwave?
Posted by: minorbyrd ()
Date: January 9, 2013 02:24

Had what may be hottest day/night on record in oz yesterday & was trying to think of most suitable Stones album to play. Exile would be my 1st choice, but any single album suggestions?

Re: Best Stones Album to play during heatwave?
Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: January 9, 2013 02:32

emotional rescue.(summer romance,down in the hole)

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 9, 2013 02:58

In that Aussie heat I wouldn't be playing any albums (vinyl) because I'll be afraid they might buckle with the heat.I'll be making sure they're in a safe cool place.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: January 9, 2013 03:04

Hot Rocks

Date: January 9, 2013 03:25

Vinyl stored safely, CDs okay - but very wise point smiling smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 9, 2013 03:30

Tattoo you

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 9, 2013 03:32

Tattoo You sounds like the plan...get it playing on an air conditioned CD player stat

Good luck

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 9, 2013 03:39

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 9, 2013 03:43

colonial
In that Aussie heat I wouldn't be playing any albums (vinyl) because I'll be afraid they might buckle with the heat.I'll be making sure they're in a safe cool place.

Sad to say, I melted some of my best albums in the heat, stupidly leaving them in my car overnight when I was moving up from Georgia to DC.sad smiley

Anyway, to the OP's question, Goat's Head Soup is a good one for the heat. Yeah, I know it has winter on it...but it's also got that slow, dog days of summer, Jamican feel to it. I played it a lot last summer.

Date: January 9, 2013 03:50

latebloomer
colonial

Sad to say, I melted some of my best albums in the heat, stupidly leaving them in my car overnight when I was moving up from Georgia to DC.sad smiley

Anyway, to the OP's question, Goat's Head Soup is a good one for the heat. Yeah, I know it has winter on it...but it's also got that slow, dog days of summer, Jamican feel to it. I played it a lot last summer.

I warped my copy of Wishbone Ash's Argus leaving on the record player in the south facing window in 1975...............sad smiley......I'll have to replace it I guess........grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-09 03:51 by EddieByword.

Date: January 9, 2013 03:53

Munichhilton
Tattoo You sounds like the plan...get it playing on an air conditioned CD player stat

Good luck

thumbs up ....with the heat, by the time side 1 has done the mellowness of side 2 works well........

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: January 9, 2013 03:57

The ones that came out in summer: Exile, GHS (September's still summer), Some Girls, ER. Am I missing any? Sgt. Pepper even!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 9, 2013 04:02

Black & Blue or for them real scorchers the mighty Burning Spear's - Dry And Heavy ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 9, 2013 04:04

Rockman
Black & Blue or for them real scorchers the mighty Burning Spear's - Dry And Heavy ...
thumbs up

Date: January 9, 2013 04:13

andrewt
Rockman
thumbs up

Ahhh, you just reminded me..........this whole album.......

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 9, 2013 04:14

Obviously Made in the Shade....why even start a thread when the answer is so obvious?!

Date: January 9, 2013 04:21

treaclefingers
Obviously Made in the Shade....why even start a thread when the answer is so obvious?!

Was considering album's content, not title

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 9, 2013 04:34

Nothing speaks to the lazy tone of a sizzling summer night quite like Can't You Hear Me Knocking, especially Mick Taylor's jazzy playout. So, therefore, Sticky Fingers. Brown Sugar also speaks to southern-fried nights of the U.S. Of course, you can't go wrong with Exile--when listening in a heat wave you can almost feel the oppressive humidity of the basement in Nellcote in which it was [mostly] recorded. In fact, play those records back to back with a few cold beers--you'll feel better. And if you're planning on making a 6-pack of it, start it off with Let It Bleed, because that album evokes the countrified warmth of the southern U.S.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-09 04:44 by stonehearted.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 9, 2013 04:43

Culkture -- Two Sevens Clash
Lee Perry - Upsetters 14 Dub - Blackboard Jungle on Auralux

ROCKMAN

Date: January 9, 2013 05:00

Cheers all! Will go for Exile, SF, GHS, B&B & Tattoo You. (+ Harder They Come s/t).

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 9, 2013 05:21

The sleaze of EOMS!

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: January 9, 2013 05:27

I'm going with Emotional Rescue as well. The first time I heard the title track was blasting out someone's boombox at the beach.
T@3

Date: January 9, 2013 08:59

Man, it's gotta be Emotional Rescue. Summer Romance, Down In The Hole, Send It To Me hell, even Dance is good for the heat.

Really, that's a pretty good summer album.

Date: January 9, 2013 09:16

Alright then - I'll give ER a go. Haven't listened to it all the way through in a long time - Dance pt 1 on right now!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 9, 2013 09:16

Metamorphosis...very chilling album...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 9, 2013 09:30

SHE WAS HOT

Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: January 9, 2013 10:26

Maybe She's So Cold will turn you on smiling bouncing smiley

Date: January 9, 2013 10:30

cool smiley the album was better than I remembered - especially Down In The Hole

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 9, 2013 13:33

Australia’s weather is so hot, new colors added to weather map

[news.yahoo.com]

Australia weather map adds new colors for record breaking heat (Image via Bureau of Meteorology)

The forecast in Australia: Hot, hot, hot—and getting hotter.

As a record-breaking heatwave hovers over many regions and territories (which are in their summer months now), the continent’s Bureau of Meteorology has added two new colors to the weather map to reflect the rising mercury.

The map currently shows the weather in orange tones at the top, which indicate temperatures 40 to 48 degrees Celsius. But forecasts are predicting off-the-charts weather. As a result, pink and purple will now cover temperatures over 50 degrees Celsius—should it climb that high.

For those rusty on the temperature conversion, that is a sweat-inducing 122 degrees Fahrenheit. (The record-setting temperature of 50.7 set in 1960 has, thankfully, still not been broken.)

"The forecast coming from the bureau's model is showing temperatures in excess of 50 degrees," said David Jones, head of the bureau's climate monitoring and prediction unit.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, a "dome of heat" over Australia is contributing to the record-breaking weather, which has gone on for six straight days with average maximum temps above 39 degrees Celcius (102 Fahrenheit). The trend seems likely to continue.

Adding to the misery, the searing heat is also fueling wildfires that continue to rage in southeastern Australia.

"You don't get conditions worse than this," Shane Fitzsimmons, New South Wales Rural Fire Service commissioner, told the Associated Press.

Australia isn’t the only place battling record high temperatures. Last year, the United States had its warmest year on record.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 9, 2013 13:34

some girls

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home