Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Was there a one hour backstage film before PPV?
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 2, 2013 06:12

I've never heard or seen anything about this. Can anyone confirm, did it occur?
It's unusual not to show up anywhere don't you think?

Re: Was there a one hour backstage film before PPV?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 2, 2013 08:56

.hope so...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 2, 2013 09:57

I guess it depends what you mean - "backstage" as in Stones in their private areas? No.
But on the yahoo site there was a "pre show countdown" thing with media types interviewing each other.
It's probably still on the streaming site [music.yahoo.com]

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: January 2, 2013 10:47

Wonder why it's never been torrent? Is it bad!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 2, 2013 12:30

The TV one hour special hasn't been available so far unfortunately though a guy here said he'd recorded it and asked for help uploading it but he never showed up again.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: January 2, 2013 17:22

There was a 1 hour pre show on the E! channel that was actually pretty good.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: January 2, 2013 18:27

is that E show available online anywhere? i didnt know about it until it was just about over so i never had a chance to set the dvr!

Date: January 2, 2013 21:11

not yet (?), see my previous message

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: January 2, 2013 22:12

HalfNanker
is that E show available online anywhere? i didnt know about it until it was just about over so i never had a chance to set the dvr!

The E special was horrible. The only part you saw the boys was when they walked from the dressing room to the backstage area. Waste of time.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 2, 2013 22:36

I agree. I felt embarassed to be watching the pretty little twinkie who was the E compere -- obviously knew little about the Stones.

Bill Flanagan, who knows is music and the Stones, was also a guest interview. Much too classy a fellow to have been on E.

Brief glimpses of various Stones and a couple of fine but no big deal sentences from Jagger and, I think I recall, Ronnie.

Basically, that hour was designed to get viewers to immediately get out their phones or credit cards for the PPV televised immmediately after this "special."

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: January 3, 2013 01:14

My sentiments also, I DVr'd it and promplty deleted after watching.

LSTNT
HalfNanker

The E special was horrible. The only part you saw the boys was when they walked from the dressing room to the backstage area. Waste of time.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 3, 2013 16:30

Was this the same thing that they were showing on the big screen at the show before it started. Interviews with "luminaries" like Don Johnson? I watched those interviews for about 10 minutes before deciding to walk around and get a hot dog.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 3, 2013 20:05

LSTNT
HalfNanker

Yeah, it wasn't that great.

Verizon FiOS had a pre-show thing, but it was more like a pre-recorded commercial for the PPV Event that was about 30 minutes long and they showed twice. I guess they ran it on the PPV channel at times. It wasn't bad though, it showed footage from the Paris show, a couple other numbers (one from the 81 or 82 tour), but the host was some annoying girl who is likely never going to make it as an actress if this were any indication.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: January 3, 2013 21:22

On the British PPV all you got was a blonde chic making comments about the Stones and linking clips and interviews. This was shown on a loop for about two hours before.

Date: January 5, 2013 21:44

Currently watching the 1989 PPV pre-show and...it's amazing the difference that 23 years make! The Stones were very present, even Bill and Charlie basically saying nothing abd being pretty rude to Kurt Loder (sp?)...

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: January 5, 2013 23:50

NoCode0680
LSTNT
HalfNanker

Yeah, it wasn't that great.

Verizon FiOS had a pre-show thing, but it was more like a pre-recorded commercial for the PPV Event that was about 30 minutes long and they showed twice. I guess they ran it on the PPV channel at times. It wasn't bad though, it showed footage from the Paris show, a couple other numbers (one from the 81 or 82 tour), but the host was some annoying girl who is likely never going to make it as an actress if this were any indication.
I'm pretty sure that was the same footage that ran on E. It was like a giant commercial - in fact I kept checking the channel to make sure I wasn't locked onto a PPV ad for the Stones. The Paris footage was good, though. But that blonde chick grated on my nerves - big time. smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2014
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home