Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Are You Feeling Good?
Date: December 28, 2012 19:21

Just curious how everybody is feeling these days in the aftermath of the seven shows? I have been on a Rolling Stones high like never before since they returned to the stage in late October. I have seen the PPV show four times now and can't wait for the DVD that undoubtedly will include highlights from the other shows. Having Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman as guests was a dream come true. A highly emotional Jimmy Fallon introducing the Stones at the 12-12-12 concert gave me goosebumps. You could see and feel the love Jimmy has for the Stones. Mick sounded as good as ever and looked sexier than ever - a sleek black panther on the prowl. Keith and Ronnie were both amazing - weaving some real magic. And Charlie showed incredible endurance for a man of 71 - never missing a beat. One word comes to mind at the moment: Euphoric! The last time I felt this good was when the New York Jets and my football hero Joe Willie Namath upset the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III on January 12, 1969. I am still high from that one 44 years later. I expect this latest high to last me the rest of this lifetime. Been strutting around like a rooster since around Halloween!

Re: Are You Feeling Good?
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 28, 2012 19:29

JumpinJackOLantern
I have seen the PPV show four times now and can't wait for the DVD that undoubtedly will include highlights from the other shows.
DVD? What DVD? Who says there's going to be a DVD?

Also, don't you have any other things in life to get excited and happy about? Do you have friends? Family? Or are The Stones the only thing that keeps you going?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 28, 2012 19:33

Good god, a Jets fan. I go to a bar in Burbank on Sundays where they show all the NFL games. I often sit next to a contingent of Jets fans who sit, loudly, and bitch and moan about their team. But they still watch! I'm a Colts fan but I don't have to see the horseshoe helmet and think of Johnny Unitas as my last focus of glory. It goes on to Peyton Manning and now Andrew Luck. Every time I see that Jets helmet I have to go back to Joe Willie and 1969. That's sad. The only sadder helmet is the Detroit Lions. I can't think of anyone when I look at a Lions helmet. Bobby Layne? 1950s?

This little mini tour showed Keith to be the weakest link. He, the supposed road dog, is the rustiest. The others are rarin' to go.

Date: December 28, 2012 19:45

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern
I have seen the PPV show four times now and can't wait for the DVD that undoubtedly will include highlights from the other shows.
DVD? What DVD? Who says there's going to be a DVD?

Also, don't you have any other things in life to get excited and happy about? Do you have friends? Family? Or are The Stones the only thing that keeps you going?

No doubt that there will be a DVD chronicling the 50th anniversary shows. Hopefully sooner than later.

I have lots of great friends - not the fair weathered types that get pissed off when you won't be exactly who they want you to be or do exactly what they want you to do. I have a great wife, and great family. And I have lots of interests and passions besides the Rolling Stones.

So, gumboot, as a fan of the Rolling Stones how are you feeling at the moment? That was the question.

Date: December 28, 2012 19:53

24FPS
Good god, a Jets fan. I go to a bar in Burbank on Sundays where they show all the NFL games. I often sit next to a contingent of Jets fans who sit, loudly, and bitch and moan about their team. But they still watch! I'm a Colts fan but I don't have to see the horseshoe helmet and think of Johnny Unitas as my last focus of glory. It goes on to Peyton Manning and now Andrew Luck. Every time I see that Jets helmet I have to go back to Joe Willie and 1969. That's sad. The only sadder helmet is the Detroit Lions. I can't think of anyone when I look at a Lions helmet. Bobby Layne? 1950s?

This little mini tour showed Keith to be the weakest link. He, the supposed road dog, is the rustiest. The others are rarin' to go.

I am no longer a Jets fan. I do have some interest in Mark Sanchez though as he was born on the day that my high school sweetheart was murdered by her husband. She, (like him) was part hispanic. The only time he has appeared in my hometown was on his 26th birthday which of course was the 26th anniversary of her passing.

I though Keith performed admirably. He was fantastic on "his" two songs too.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: December 28, 2012 20:05

I am still buzzing about it all. I was at 02 on 29 November and also watched the PPV. A DVD and album is inevitable and if they tour in 2013 I think they could do so behind product from the recent shows.

Keith's playing was solid as far as I could see. But then I'm not an expert. I just go on what sounds and feels good.

Date: December 28, 2012 20:06

JumpinJackOLantern
So, gumboot, as a fan of the Rolling Stones how are you feeling at the moment? That was the question.
I'm fine, thanks for asking.

Date: December 28, 2012 20:20

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern

Are you proud of the way the Stones performed recently? I mean, as a fan do you have any emotion at all over the recent shows?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 28, 2012 20:20

WAAOOOOOWWWW!!!!!

Date: December 28, 2012 20:33

BlackHat
I am still buzzing about it all. I was at 02 on 29 November and also watched the PPV. A DVD and album is inevitable and if they tour in 2013 I think they could do so behind product from the recent shows.

Keith's playing was solid as far as I could see. But then I'm not an expert. I just go on what sounds and feels good.

I really love watching Keith play. You can tell he really loves his craft. It's all about the sound and the emotion they generate. Always has been.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 28, 2012 20:36

JumpinJackOLantern
GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern

Are you proud of the way the Stones performed recently? I mean, as a fan do you have any emotion at all over the recent shows?

you seem like a dude who weeps alot.

Date: December 28, 2012 20:38

Max'sKansasCity
WAAOOOOOWWWW!!!!!

Yes! That's the feeling!

Date: December 28, 2012 20:52

JumpinJackOLantern
GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern

Proud? No. The Stones aren't my children or family or friends. I have no personal relationship with them. I'm happy that they are back but there are other things in life that make me happy. If they broke up tomorrow, I will still be happy. Life goes on.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: December 28, 2012 20:54

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern
GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern

Proud? No. The Stones aren't my children or family or friends. I have no personal relationship with them. I'm happy that they are back but there are other things in life that make me happy. If they broke up tomorrow, I will still be happy. Life goes on.

Blimey, somebody talking sense rather than living their life according to the sleeve notes of an album made nearly 50 years ago.

Date: December 28, 2012 20:56

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern
GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern

bravo.

pride goeth before a fall....and i don't wanna fall or might not be able to get up.

Date: December 28, 2012 23:34

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern
GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern

Be honest, you are not really a fan (by definition) are you? Not much enthusiasm. Yet you spend a considerable amount of time here. Very interesting.

Yeah, most of us have lives with family and have other interests - so your not really unique there. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that you are saying you are unique. Just curious, however, what is it exactly that keeps you coming here?

Date: December 28, 2012 23:51

BlackHat
GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern
GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern

Blimey, somebody talking sense rather than living their life according to the sleeve notes of an album made nearly 50 years ago.

Most Stones fans are quite diversified and have lives beyond the band, yet they show plenty of enthusiasm. That's what being a fan is all about. Most of the fans that scream their lungs out for their favorite NFL teams have lives away from the stadium.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 29, 2012 00:08

Best time I've had following music in decades. Attended Brooklyn and feel very lucky, free seats in the nose bleeds, thanks to the band, followed UTUBES and stuff too. I didn't feel shorted in anyway missing out on MT and many guests, it made NY's show different. I hope if they return they run the show with all 3 guitarists, it seems unlikely but how could Mick Taylor not help? Plenty of room for acoustic and songs like Miss You and Start Me Up could use a fresh approach or a break. I won't be happy until I hear Taylor on "Street Fighting Man"... But yeah I'm feeling good about being a part of uncharted history.

Date: December 29, 2012 00:54

DoomandGloom
I won't be happy until I hear Taylor on "Street Fighting Man"...

and i won't be happy until f troop returns to the airwaves....

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 29, 2012 02:48

JumpinJackOLantern
BlackHat
GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern
GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern

Most Stones fans are quite diversified and have lives beyond the band, yet they show plenty of enthusiasm. That's what being a fan is all about. Most of the fans that scream their lungs out for their favorite NFL teams have lives away from the stadium.

I'm presently on disc 4 of volume 25, episode 1221, and when I finish the complete series, then I'm going to watch it all over again from start to finish....then start from the beginning again.... and again.... and again.... and again.... and again....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 29, 2012 06:39

StonesTod
DoomandGloom

You do realize they've released all the seasons on DVD now.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 29, 2012 06:50

This thread has it all! Pride,murder and f-Troop! I'm proud to be posting this right now.

Date: December 29, 2012 18:23

treaclefingers
StonesTod
DoomandGloom

they're resting on their laurels. i want some fresh episodes; the best f troop is yet to come. it's gonna be the best f troop ever.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 29, 2012 18:40

That sounds like something Mick would say from the stage:

"Are you feeling good?.......I can't hear you!"

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 29, 2012 18:47

Keith and Ronnie could play The Hekawis.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 29, 2012 19:03

What 7 shows?? I counted 5...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 29, 2012 20:26

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
DoomandGloom

they're resting on their laurels. i want some fresh episodes; the best f troop is yet to come. it's gonna be the best f troop ever.

I think if they were going to do that it should be updated for the new millennium, and they should call it G Troop.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2012 22:24

...if I knew which one she was ... I would

ROCKMAN

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 29, 2012 22:28

You're bad.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 29, 2012 22:35

mickschix
What 7 shows?? I counted 5...

They are including the 2 Paris shows as shows to make 7 total.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-29 22:36 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1218
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home