Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: need some advice on boxset purchases
Date: December 23, 2012 01:36

i am looking at a few boxsets and was wondering if you thought these were fair prices being offered and if i should get them:

jethro tull- 20 years of jethro tull. boxset is out of print. person is willing to sell it to me for a total of $18 and its in like new condition
[en.wikipedia.org]

jefferson airplane- loves you. again this set is out of print and i am looking at 2 of them. one is like new and the other is still sealed but has a cutout bark in the barcode. total for each one is $28
[en.wikipedia.org]

jack bruce- can you follow. this set is also out of print and its brand new. i can get it for a total of $53.
[www.jackbruce.com]

so which one(s) should i get or should i get all of them or none of them?

Re: OT: need some advice on boxset purchases
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 23, 2012 02:23

I'm familiar with the Jethro Tull box. It's very good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-23 02:26 by tatters.

Date: December 23, 2012 02:30

tatters

yeah looks good. thats the easiest to get of the 3 boxsets i named. the jack bruce boxset is the hardest since it was only available a few years and was import only.

i believe jethro tull was the first band to have 2 boxsets on the market as they had the 20th in 1988 and then the 4 cd 25th anniversary boxset in 1993

Date: December 23, 2012 02:35

keefriffhard4life
tatters

yeah looks good. thats the easiest to get of the 3 boxsets i named. the jack bruce boxset is the hardest since it was only available a few years and was import only.

i believe jethro tull was the first band to have 2 boxsets on the market as they had the 20th in 1988 and then the 4 cd 25th anniversary boxset in 1993

Right. The 20th anniversary box is the more interesting of the two.

Date: December 23, 2012 03:10

tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters

Right. The 20th anniversary box is the more interesting of the two.

and the 25th anniversary boxset costs an arm and a leg

Date: December 23, 2012 03:21

tatters,

if i get this boxset is it still worth getting the THIS WAS 2 cd collectors edition?

Date: December 23, 2012 03:44

keefriffhard4life
tatters,

if i get this boxset is it still worth getting the THIS WAS 2 cd collectors edition?

I don't know. I stopped buying all that stuff. Seems like Tull releases a new anniversary edition of every one of their albums every five years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-23 03:44 by tatters.

Date: December 23, 2012 04:12

tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters,

I don't know. I stopped buying all that stuff. Seems like Tull releases a new anniversary edition of every one of their albums every five years.

lmfao yeah it seems they do. i just bought the 20th anniversary boxset. the 25th looks interesting too but again it costs a lot. there are expanded single disc editions of pretty much every album and over the last few years they have released multi disc sets of THIS WAS, STAND UP, AQUALUNG and THICK AS A BRICK

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 23, 2012 04:20

They should sell one huge boxed set containing every single boxed set ever made for tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars!

That would be tremendous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-23 04:21 by schillid.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 23, 2012 04:33

schillid
They should sell one huge boxed set containing every single boxed set ever made for tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars!

That would be tremendous.

It would probably create some packaging problems and mathematical problems though.
Like: "Could the boxed set containing all boxed sets contain itself?"
Maybe someone -- or something -- can explain that...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-23 20:18 by schillid.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 23, 2012 06:17

Think you should buy the Jefferson Airplane set.

Date: December 23, 2012 06:45

stonesrule
Think you should buy the Jefferson Airplane set.

i bought the jethro tull and jack bruce set and i'll look into the jefferson airplane set next year. as hard as it is to get the jack bruce set and as much as i have seen it go for it was a steal to get it for $53. that disc of pre cream stuff looks incredible and there are a lot of collaborations i don't own/know that are on this set. also i don't have any solo releases he did after like 1976 so this is a good way to get a sampling of his post 1976 solo stuff

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 24, 2012 00:05

GRRR!

Date: December 24, 2012 05:21

treaclefingers
GRRR!

look at the boxsets i posted and compare them to GRRR. GRRR is a total waste of space and time and money compared to the boxsets i posted and on top of that i own everything included in GRRR except the 2 new tracks which i downloaded. i even owned the BBC and first recording sessions stuff included on the deluxe boxset

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 24, 2012 17:28

keefriffhard4life
treaclefingers
GRRR!

look at the boxsets i posted and compare them to GRRR. GRRR is a total waste of space and time and money compared to the boxsets i posted and on top of that i own everything included in GRRR except the 2 new tracks which i downloaded. i even owned the BBC and first recording sessions stuff included on the deluxe boxset

you sir, are preaching to the choir.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home