Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The next tour New old stuff
Posted by: Highwire.uk ()
Date: December 18, 2012 01:06

If they are not going to make a new album could this be the way forward by going back.
Each member of the band 4 at the moment could be up to six if Bill & Mick Taylor come along.
Heres the format
each band member picks 2 songs that have not been played live EVER.
So that would be up to 12 NEW OLD tracks + 12 so called warhorses .
That would do me to shell out more cash.Im sure they all have there favorite that never even gets considered.
Anyway my two are Down In The Hole & Highwire.
Maybee they could list all the tracks on the nett and we could all vote for 2 songs as well.
Make it hard on them make them work thay may even like it no pressure

Re: The next tour New old stuff
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 18, 2012 01:43

If any of the Stones had a song they wanted to play, they probably would have played it. There doesn't have to be a new show format for that. And they play so few rarities or even just deep album cuts that I think proposing a setlist containing 12-14 never before played songs isn't very realistic. These 50th shows, as great as they are, have convinced me that these guys are just stuck in their ways. They're going to do what they want (which doesn't involve rehearsing songs they've never played most likely) and for the most part we're going to enjoy it.

I know you're just chatting and spitballing an fun idea, but if you're going to play make believe you might as well create your own setlist or propose they invite you on stage for a couple of numbers. They should totally do that by the way.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 18, 2012 04:16

NoCode0680
If any of the Stones had a song they wanted to play, they probably would have played it. There doesn't have to be a new show format for that. And they play so few rarities or even just deep album cuts that I think proposing a setlist containing 12-14 never before played songs isn't very realistic. These 50th shows, as great as they are, have convinced me that these guys are just stuck in their ways. They're going to do what they want (which doesn't involve rehearsing songs they've never played most likely) and for the most part we're going to enjoy it.

I know you're just chatting and spitballing an fun idea, but if you're going to play make believe you might as well create your own setlist or propose they invite you on stage for a couple of numbers. They should totally do that by the way.

Like Chuck Berry and Iggy Pop, a few dozen people dancing on stage..............thumbs up

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 18, 2012 04:41

EddieByword
Like Chuck Berry and Iggy Pop, a few dozen people dancing on stage..............thumbs up

I was thinking more like Nirvana at Reading, with Dancing Tony.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home